• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NAS: Eyeshield 21

cohenmarioman

I searched, so sorry if there is another thread pertaining to this anime.

I just started watching this (sub only, ugh) and have to say it is really good. For some reason sports anime gets me, especially when it tries to be realistic. Although, I still think an American high school football team, say the best in Texas or Florida, could beat the best in all of Japan, due to popularity of the sport and the competition rank.

Oh, NAS was doing this around the same time as Yugioh GX, so there are similarities

http://www.crunchyroll.com/eyeshield-21

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Wow it's been so long since I've seen Eyeshield 21!! Back in High School I was an avid reader of the series, and although there are some major differences in the anime, it's fairly good as well. I just feel highly relatable to Sena, and the humor is fairly good (slapstick always get me; although some of the potty humor's just a little immature). Just watching this brings me back.

cohenmarioman

So is this a 0% chance of a dub after the deal fell through with NFL Rush? I have heard the anime was funded thanks to NFL Japan, and the child friendly NAS of Yugioh fame was hired for production. 0% chance, or a slim 25% of less? And no, I am not counting those horrible 5 episodes, I would rather have something akin to a DBZ Kai Nicktoons/Toonzai dub or 5Ds post dub.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
So is this a 0% chance of a dub after the deal fell through with NFL Rush? I have heard the anime was funded thanks to NFL Japan, and the child friendly NAS of Yugioh fame was hired for production. 0% chance, or a slim 25% of less? And no, I am not counting those horrible 5 episodes, I would rather have something akin to a DBZ Kai Nicktoons/Toonzai dub or 5Ds post dub.

Sports anime has proven in the past to fail big-time in the West. Very few titles have even made it in the form of a dub and all of them were baseball anime series. The chances of Eyeshield getting dubbed is close to 0%.

cohenmarioman

That is sad, especially since this had a dub (bad, but it had one), and it portrays an American sport that most kids by the age of 12 already have either played in some form or know some of the rules. It could have been more popular in America. But, the manga had to have Hiruma use guns so much, which probably detered regulars who pick up kiddy stuff like 4kids from it. Literally that is the only thing I can see being the problem (although, from what I have heard the 5 episodes of the Viz dub cut the guns).

Baseball anime is cool (I have Big Windup on DVD) but baseball can only be fun for so long. Football is different, and being a former player I know this fact well.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Fun Fact: I remember like the first 3 episodes of this WERE Dubbed. And on Toonami. Don't know where you could find it nowadays, given that it was only on the Toonami website, and I don't know for how long.