• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NASA picture "The man on mars"

Pokedude1928375

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1301940,00.html?f=rss
It's the picture that ET believers have been waiting for - and the one that shows there could be life on Mars.
The image, taken by Nasa's Mars Explorer Spirit, seems to show a figure on the surface of the red planet.

However the more sceptical have decided that it is just a rock.

At first astronomers were disappointed with pictures sent back from the surface of the Red Planet by the six-wheel robot four years ago.

But a space fan spotted the figure, which was just a pinprick in the original photograph. It was blown up and posted on a website.
Discuss

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
please... and astronomers were excited, not dissapointed by the way... it was the alien fanatics (like the ones the writer is trying fool) that were dissapointed...) No links, no sources, NO reliablity, and it looks like a couple of ROCKS...

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Obv.
Nasa was behind 9/11 and Holocaust, and they have decided to cover those up with this epic poop shoop, that whoops the troops.

MidnightStorm

Once we thought that Mars had structures on it after they saw, what looked like pyramids on its surface. However, after another shot with different lighting, it was just the awkward positioning and lighting(of course).

It's a rock, plain and simple. I wonder if people are going to turn this photo into some kind of inter-galactic bigfoot sighting evidence.

This is obviously an epic shooping job done by NASA.

This was my second thought about this.

1. Cut and Paste
2. ?????
3. PROFIT!!

Last edited:

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Didn't you guys hear? Big Foot bought a winter home on Mars.

Regiman

i herd u leik meh.
I wouldnt say big foot. News at 10 (UK) say Nasa estimated it to be only a few inches high. I can see it now! "Take us to your leader!" *stomp*

KetchupO

tωisted
ugh, totally fake IMO.
I really hate these Alein obssessed people. They annoy me -.-

Rave

Banned
So... was this whole thing basically a scam or what?

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
So... was this whole thing basically a scam or what?

I'm telling you guys, it's Big Foot. He moved to Mars for the winter.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
You seem knowledgeable, Aegis.

How much does a home on Mars cost nowadays?

They're rather cheap, last I checked. There just isn't a market for them, what with the lack of oxygen.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Is this one of those Face on the Moon things?

And left his mate all alone on venus?

That furry *******.

Cobalt_Latios

So, in that case the Yeti has a summer cottage on Mercury, and Nessie gets to go Skiing in the Himalayas during its absence.

Off topic: nice name change there AegisX, though you nearly had me fooled.

~C_L~

Dilano

Fiendish, isn't it?
I don't know, it seems kind of unlikely that this would be real at all...

Plus, keep in mind that NASA didn't really find this in the picture... some "space fan" did, and they posted it on another website. That means that he or she could have photoshopped the figure into the picture. Besides, I'm pretty sure NASA would have caught something like this when they got the picture four years ago. =/ Although I will give credit to the site, their other articles seem current and correct (although there are no sources).

Kakumei

夜に踊り疲れて。
I am suddenly reminded of the stupid cavemen from the Geico commercials...
Or, like everyone else said, Big Foot. Zomg.

And
It is most likely a strange rock from an even stranger angle.