• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

National Ash Ketchum Day

Blastmaster

...is now officially recognized by the Pokemon company themselves!

If you were on Twitter yesterday, you may have noticed #NationalAshKetchumDay trending, and it gained enough traction for the Pokemon company to acknowledge it here. Both of Ash's English VAs acknowledged it too on their respective accounts, and afaik it was also posted onto Pokemon's other social media.

The Pokemon YT channel also made a little mini-series commentating on Ash's league run VGC-style, which starts here. If you'll notice, the description of those videos read: "Spin those hats backwards, Trainers—we’re celebrating the anniversary of Ash’s Alola League win! Going forward, September 15th will be known as #NationalAshKetchumDay!" So yeah, it looks like an official tradition going forward.

It even got its own Bulbapedia page here, which goes over pretty much everything I just said. Save the date and try not to be too salty. Or do. It was pretty delicious last year anyway.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
How dumb. It's been March 14th since forever.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't particularly like the idea that Satoshi's Alola League win has been immortalized by fans since it was a rather fatuous tournament in the grand scheme of things, but it's nice to see our fandom united in something positive at least.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean it’s a pretty big accomplishment. Pokémon started when most of us were either born or very young and now a huge part of that fanbase from that time are either in college or are full blown adults. I cant imagine watching all the way from OS-SM as a kid and finally seeing him win a league. It’s important to some people.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
How dumb. It's been March 14th since forever.

Why?

I don't particularly like the idea that Satoshi's Alola League win has been immortalized by fans since it was a rather fatuous tournament in the grand scheme of things, but it's nice to see our fandom united in something positive at least.

Same here.

I think a better date would be when the first episode of the show aired in Japan even it just happen to be April 1st. They could celebrate when the first episode aired on America as well.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Didn't know "一" (ichi) could be read as "to" as in "ひ.つ".

It can't. To is one of the readings of 十 (10).

There's also the somewhat less celebrated Satomi Day (March 13th) and Satoko Day (March 15th), and these three days are acknowledged as "Satoshi Week" (despite only being three days :p). Make sure to lurk twitter on these days if you want to see fanart of crossdressing Satoshis.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It can't. To is one of the readings of 十 (10).

There's also the somewhat less celebrated Satomi Day (March 13th) and Satoko Day (March 15th), and these three days are acknowledged as "Satoshi Week" (despite only being three days :p). Make sure to lurk twitter on these days if you want to see fanart of crossdressing Satoshis.

Ah, so the "one" was a stand in for 十 (10). Now I get it the "to" and "shi" are meant to form a 14, as in "十四" even if they wouldn't read as "じゅうよん".

Very clever indeed.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think we should also thank @EntityMaysYT for creating the hashtag, even if he doesn't post here much