• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

National Dex -- Questions

Staryu

I know, I know..
Okay, so to get the National Dex on Ruby, you must:

Trade with Fire Red OR Leaf Green GBA to GBA, right?

Can you use a GBA & a GBA SP?
Will the Johto Pokemon you have seen automatically go in the dex, or will it be empty? For example, I've traded over a Misdreavus from Colo to Ruby, and it obviously didn't go into the dex--will it be in there as caught, or will I hafta trade again?

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
to get the national dex on R/S, trade for a pokemon that does not appear in hoenn, if you trade with FR/LG/C/XD/E this will fix the berry glitch.

if you trade for a poke not in the hoeen dex then you should automatically get the national dex

you can trade between the SP and GBA, they are the same system except for shape and backlight

Sim

The National Pokédex will be unlocked in Ruby or Sapphire the first time either of these games does a trade with FireRed or LeafGreen. The Pokémon being sent to R/S doesn't need to be exclusive to Kanto (so it can be Staryu for example).

As mentioned previously, you can trade between a GBA and a GBA SP.

Finally, Misdreavus will appear in your Pokédex, regardless of whether or not it's not in your Ruby when you obtain the National Pokédex.

edit: Whoa, what a coincidence, Staryu was the Pokémon I used as an example, and I didn't even notice your username was Staryu!

Kodan

Master Breeder
Uh i think this should go into the R/S/E section but any, The moment you trade pokemon from ruby to FR/LG you will get the national pokedex. NOTE: You much have obtained the Ruby and sapphire plate on the FR/LG version Im sure you already knew that though.

-Kodan-

Staryu

I know, I know..
I thought I posted this in R/S Discussion ><

How can I trade..what item [real life] do I need? Like..a link cable? =S

Sim

As ~Bent~ said, you will need a GBA link cable.
[IMG200]http://tomy.getdrunk.at/ebay5/gba_link_3.jpg[/IMG200]
Like that one.

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
you'll also get this with trading to colisseum and XD also you'll get the berry glitch fixed so dont wry if that pops up on ur screen

OFF TOPIC: i do however find it interesting that the GBC cable will work with GBA's when im trading between my crystal and silver

Sim

Well yes because despite being on GBAs, they are still GBC games which require the old link cable.