• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

National Dex

FireTrainer92

The Point of Origin
Before I get the game I want to know how do you get the National Dex?

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
please use the search button

Jimmy P.

First shiny!!
I thought you get it after you beat the elite four, like the other games.
But you do actually need to defeat the Elite Four in order to see all the Pokemon, I'd think. Unless you were incredibly patient and trained all of your Pokemon before the Elite Four.

FireTrainer92

The Point of Origin
Okay I'm getting Diamond. Can I see Paruika on there. (Pearl lengendary spelled wrong)

No I think seeing all is wrong because on multiple sites i've seen beat elite four to get natinal dex

Jirachi The Moon Master

Wish upon a star
I agree with you,because to see all 150 pokemon would be hard,and the other games didn't make it that hard.

yokoiscool

Susumeru! *_*
No I think seeing all is wrong because on multiple sites i've seen beat elite four to get natinal dex

*a little off topic* i love Azumanga Daioh ^_^ its funny.

i saw all the pokemon without beating the E4. o_O no wait... the first time i beat them i used the glitch. then i had to beat them again so yeah you should beat them first then get national dex. ^_^

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
You have to SEE them all, this can be done before or after the e4.

ankokuryu

EpiC PhAiL
Ok, to get the national dex, you need to SEE (not catch) all 150 pokemon of the sinnoh dex. heres a link if you care to look-http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/shinoudex.shtml

Now, its not that hard to see all of the national dex. all u have to do is verse as many trainers as you can during your adventure. the only pokemons i had left to see after beating the E4 was the lake trio (which i caught), and Diaruga (because i have pearl). You can see the other version's legendary by going to see the elder of the Kannagi Town after beating the E4.

THIS IS CONFIRMED BY ME, WHO HAS THE GAME. OK? I COULDNT GET THE NATIONAL DEX EVEN AFTER I BEAT THE E4, SO I FINISHED THE SINNOH DEX, AND GUESS WHAT? I GOT THE NATIONAL DEX!!!

train2003

Giovanni's Mexican?!
I think we only need to capture 60 Pokemon like in the previous games because I saw someone use the pal park with only 83 Pokemon captured.

ankokuryu

EpiC PhAiL
I think we only need to capture 60 Pokemon like in the previous games because I saw someone use the pal park with only 83 Pokemon captured.
*sigh*
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE ITS SEE NOT CATCH ALL 150 POKEMON!!!!! ARRRRRRGH!!!!
*sob*

Grethiwha

Farfetch'd Fan
Ok, to get the national dex, you need to SEE (not catch) all 150 pokemon of the sinnoh dex. heres a link if you care to look-http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/shinoudex.shtml

Now, its not that hard to see all of the national dex. all u have to do is verse as many trainers as you can during your adventure. the only pokemons i had left to see after beating the E4 was the lake trio (which i caught), and Diaruga (because i have pearl). You can see the other version's legendary by going to see the elder of the Kannagi Town after beating the E4.

THIS IS CONFIRMED BY ME, WHO HAS THE GAME. OK? I COULDNT GET THE NATIONAL DEX EVEN AFTER I BEAT THE E4, SO I FINISHED THE SINNOH DEX, AND GUESS WHAT? I GOT THE NATIONAL DEX!!!

Thank you for the best explanation about this that I've been able to find.
Could somebody maybe list the features and things that I can and can't do without the dex... and maybe the requirements for seeing all the pokemon? For example, do I need to trade with a friend to see all the pokemon? Can I trade with a friend before seeing all the pokemon?

Cause I was hoping to just check the swarm lady every day, and in hopefully not months, I'd have a Farfetch'd. But then I realized I needed the national dex... Do I get that early on, I wondered . . . .no.