• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Natural accessories for pokemon

What do you think of these Pokemon that are always shown with certain items? I have always been annoyed by these pokemon, at least in their first stages, because i always wonder why these Pokemon always have these items with them.
Here's a list of examples:
Cubone's skull helmet and bone club
Kangaskhan's baby
Farfetch'd's onion
Happiny/Chansey/Blissey's egg
Timburr's plank, Gurdurr's gurder, Conckeldurr's bricks
Oshawott's scalchop
Hypno's pendulum
Scraggy/Scrafty's pants

I know I'm missing some, but you get the idea. What do you think, am I the only one who gets annoyed by this?

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Farfetch'd holds a leek, not an onion. :)

I don't get annoyed by them, I think it gives them a nice uniqueness. Roselia's flowers and Farfetch'ds Leek are my favourite!

Zachmac

Cubone's skull helmet and bone club
Kangaskhan's baby
Farfetch'd's onion
Happiny/Chansey/Blissey's egg
Timburr's plank, Gurdurr's gurder, Conckeldurr's bricks
Oshawott's scalchop
Hypno's pendulum
Scraggy/Scrafty's pants
Cubone-They are all motherless, and they were those in memory of them.
Kangaskhan-It's a female Kangaroo.
Farfetch'd-Onion??? Anyway, that stick is it's weapon.
Happiny-That's not an egg it's a rock, and it has it because it wants to lay eggs.
Chansey/Blissy-It lays eggs every day.
Timburr/Gurdurr/Conckeldurr-those are their weapons.
Oshawott-That's it's weapon, it needs it to fight effectively. Not to mention it becomes part of it when it evolves.
Hypno-It uses that to hypnosis it's enemies.
Scraggy/Scraffy-those aren't pants....It's part of them....

People fight with weapons, why can't pokemon?

Zachmac

I understand; it's just that it seems odd how these Pokemon always have these things with them, even when the things aren't attached to them.
Well, it's for aesthetic reasons. They are holding them-just not as items. How else would Cubone/Marowak get BoneRush, Bonemerange, and Bone Club.

How do you feel about Togepi?
Because these things make up who these pokemon are, and keep them unique. They are not mere accesories, but a part of them *in a metaphorical way*

How do you feel about Togepi?
Because these things make up who these pokemon are, and keep them unique. They are not mere accesories, but a part of them *in a metaphorical way*

For some reason, I've never been that annoyed by Togepi. I just figured that it had the egg shell as part of its cutie-pie motif; it is adorable and childish because it looks like it hasn't truly finished hatching.

McNugget

The Bassist
Scraggy has pants??? I thought that was just some flab...
I like farfetch'd and it's leeks, unique :p

yoursavior

Calm Mind
I see the sprites as avatars representing that species and the 'Mon you caught may not necessarily look like that sprite or have the items they have. A good example is Cubone and Marrowak and Farfetch'd: they can be caught not holding the item in the wild. So the sprite is just a generalization of the species.