• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nature and Ability Discussion

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Ever wanted to know if your Pokemon's nature or ability is considered "good" for it?

Share your Pokemon's natures and abilities here and let the others decide whether you should train that Pokemon or replace it.

Each Pokemon has good and bad natures depending on stats, so each Pokemon is different.

Talk about abilities and natures and help others out!

this is a great thread i think this could even be moved to the competitive thread as it helps but it could be considered just a watered down version of the singles rate

Kacho

You are next.
this is not a "general pokemon discussion", unless you're talking about the inhumane action of breeding 100+ pokemon to get a specific nature, ability, or even gender and IV and release the other 100+ to the wild while only saving one for use.

[ironic mode on] I have a Quiet Exploud. He's invencible, and his Hyper Voice is the loudest attack in Pokémon World. [/ironic]

Well, one day I got a "randon" Emerald Teddiursa. I didn't had one in 3rd Gen, so I got one. Years later, after I discover what are natures, I notice that Ursaring had a great nature, Brave. Fits with the design and it's good for TR teams. After that, I saw the ability, Guts. Great, better than Quick Feet. Finally, I discovered the IV's. According to Pokécheck "High but Statically possible". I was like YAAAAY. He's still with me, and I consider Ursaring as a 3rd Gen RNG xD

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Although they've generally done well with Pokémon and their abilities, it is still a bit odd at how many Pokémon's designs are levitating yet they do not know the ability or are not a Flying type. One example being Jirachi.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I'm not sure how Eelektross has Levitate, not sure why eels float anyway.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Eels are magical.
Eelektross & Co. should have storm Drain or something

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Or they should be part Water, and have either Static or Volt Aborb.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Everything without legs and that are floating should have Levitate

I don't know why but i want a quiet breloom that has the ability no guard.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
i guess it would help a bit. Dynamicpunch, stone edge, actually it wouldn't help it too much and is outclassed as an ability since it gets two really really good abilities. Poison heal and technician.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I think more pokemon should get Technician.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Technician would be good with pokemon from the lower tiers. Maybe bring some pokemon up a tier. I would love for another good pokemon to get serene grace like Jirachi.

this is not a "general pokemon discussion", unless you're talking about the inhumane action of breeding 100+ pokemon to get a specific nature, ability, or even gender and IV and release the other 100+ to the wild while only saving one for use.

I laughed. What exactly is inhumane about deleting a little bit of useless data?

[ironic mode on] I have a Quiet Exploud. He's invencible, and his Hyper Voice is the loudest attack in Pokémon World. [/ironic]

Well, one day I got a "randon" Emerald Teddiursa. I didn't had one in 3rd Gen, so I got one. Years later, after I discover what are natures, I notice that Ursaring had a great nature, Brave. Fits with the design and it's good for TR teams. After that, I saw the ability, Guts. Great, better than Quick Feet. Finally, I discovered the IV's. According to Pokécheck "High but Statically possible". I was like YAAAAY. He's still with me, and I consider Ursaring as a 3rd Gen RNG xD

Technically speaking any pokemon anyone ever encounters, and catches is rng abused.

Technically speaking any pokemon anyone ever encounters, and catches is rng abused.

Yeah, I agree, but isn't a "predictable" RNG Abuse, if you understand me. I didn't know what RNG means in 2006.

And Elgyem should get Levitate. It fits with the Alien design and it's better than Telepathy.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Everything without legs and that are floating should have Levitate

I agree with this. It wouldn't be too great if Pokémon could only have one ability, as so many would only Levitate, but seeing as they have 2-3, they should have had more levitating. And yeah, the most useless ability ever is Levitate on Rotom-Fan.