• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

natures and evs and breeding

Evs and natures win

• Nature is a good idea, but not ev's

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • ev's are a good idea, but not natures

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • hate both

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • like both

Votes: 31 79.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
EVs, IVs and natures are all factors that keeps me playing pokemon. Without it, I would have most likely quit by 2nd gen.

Red Frostraven

... Pokemon holding a shiny stone should DEFINATELY help finding shinies.

The rarity of shinies is the only thing I'd wanted changed.

My shines are:
Red Gyarados, found in 2002 on pokemon silver.
Gold Graveler, found in 2008 on pokemon pearl.

Incidentally, those two are the only two wild shiny pokes I've seen.
With more than 500 hours ingame and over 30000 battles.

It'd be a full time job, for YEARS to collect all shinies, self found.

Last edited:

neo_senku

No, when the female is holding an Everstone, the pokemon as 50% of having the same nature of one of the parents, so it's basically 25% of having the same nature.

No. When the female or ditto holds an everstone, it has a 50% chance of getting only the females nature, not either parents nature.

... Pokemon holding a shiny stone should DEFINATELY help finding shinies.

The rarity of shinies is the only thing I'd wanted changed.

My shines are:
Red Gyarados, found in 2002 on pokemon silver.
Gold Graveler, found in 2008 on pokemon pearl.

Incidentally, those two are the only two wild shiny pokes I've seen.
With more than 500 hours ingame and over 30000 battles.

It'd be a full time job, for YEARS to collect all shinies, self found.

This is actually one of the things I LOVE about the game. If the were easy to find what would be the point?

And I have ONE shiny...and ironically it is a Natu who's shiny looks basically like its normal version. Caught it in Fire Red the year it came out so that would be 2004 and I started Pokemon in 1996 with Red.

With the PokeRadar and the Masuda method you can improve your odds and it feels like your actually 'hunting' or selectively breeding for a rare and desired trait.

I love it! It's a game in itself!!

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I pretty much do everything but bothering with IVs. That seems like a bit much to me. But yeah, I will breed for egg moves, natures and abilities, then EV train.

Still need to try the Masuda method.