• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Natures and stuff.

OgLoc187

Salamence Master
How do you get the same nature as the pokemons parent when you make an egg?And how do you get the nature you want?

C-Rich

Hellhathnofuryatall
1) Place an Everstone on the Female Parent.
2) The offspring will have a 50% chance of having either parent's nature.

OgLoc187

Salamence Master
I really want a Modest Bagon so i can make a special-sweeper salamence.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
the everstone trick only works in emerald and only works if you're breeding with a ditto

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
1) Place an Everstone on the Female Parent.
2) The offspring will have a 50% chance of having either parent's nature.

Correct and wrong. If you place an everstone to the female (or dito) ONLY, it will have a 50% chance of getting the female's nature. If you stick an everstone to both of them. Then it will have 50% chance of getting either nature. This only works in emerald and D/P.

If your not breeding, the natures will not be completely random. Some natures such as adamant and modest are rare, while neutral natures and natures wich aren't used a lot are common.

vulpixd00d

Mistyfied Moron
If parents natures are different, say one is Modest, the other is Calm. Your pokemon will have a 50/50 chance of Modest or Calm Nature. But if both parents are Modest, then the nature will be completely random... or from what I've read.

OgLoc187

Salamence Master
could you make the male hold everstone and copy the nature?

Death dealer

Pavane of Slaanesh
Just breed a lot of eggs. It may take a long time, but is much better than getting a pokemon with a bad nature. Normally 12 does the trick, but sometimes you have to try again (like my rhyhorns the other day..).

Scepgatr

You need a Modest Female Bagon/Ditto and make it hold the Everstone. Making the male holding the Everstone has no effect. Make sure that in the future you ask such questions in here.

Slim

Crazy Trainer
If you are breeding with ditto, give the everstone to ditto.
If you are not breeding with ditto, give the everstone to the female parent.