• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Natures

Shiny_Milotic

What are good Natures for :

Flareon
Jolteon
Arcanine
Magmar

?????

I thought that :

Adamant
Modest
Adamant
Mild

Would work well .. But I'm not too sure....

Theneedleman

crazyengage
It all depends on their movesets but basically
Jolteon-Modest
Magmar-Modest
If Arcanine is physical use Adamant if not use Modest
Flareon-Same as Aracanine either or.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
What Theneedleman said basically, but I would give arcanine mild, since intimidate will lower the opponents attack anyway when it is sent out. That way, it could be a good mixed sweeper.

Shiny_Milotic

Well .. for Jolteon I will do Modest, I just needed another opinion .. I was kinda of confused when the main site said to use an Impish nature for Jolteon.

For Flareon, I would like to make it Modest, but feel that it doesn't learn enough Special Attacks for it, as its only decent ones are Flamethrower/FireBlast/Overheat. As I would only use one of those, I don't think it is worth it. Should I use Adamant and have a Moveset like :

Curse
Return
Overheat
Hidden Power Ground / ???

For Magmar, I am using :

Flamethrower
Thunderpunch
Cross Chop
Psychic / Confuse Ray

Is Modest still a good idea, or should I use Mild?

Or would Brave ( - Speed + Attack ) be better for a set like this? I'm not really sure if I wanna do away with the Attack stat because it does have Cross Chop.

For Arcanine, I was thinking of doing one of the following :

Extremespeed
Hidden Power Grass
Fire Blast
Crunch

OR

Howl
Extremespeed
Return
Overheat

I would prefer his ability to be Flash Fire instead of Intimidate... but Im not sure.. For the first one I think I would go with Modest, and the second one Adamant, I think ... but which moveset is better than the other?

Last edited:

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
Going to move this to the In-Game Rate section since you're rating a bunch of Pokemon. :p

*Moves*

Theneedleman

crazyengage
Okay now we got movesets:
Flareon: Adamant (HP Ground is fine)
Magmar: Modest (Get rid of Cross Chop and put Confuse ray on it)
Arcanine: Modest (Trust me on this, Arcanine is an awesome special sweeper)
As for an Arcanine moveset: (works great on Netbattle)
Flamethrower
HP [Grass]
Crunch
Toxic

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Jolteon needs Timid nature.

If you're using Cursing Flareon, use Brave. Adamant for Choice Band with Fire Blast / Overheat and Lonely for Choice Band with Flamethrower.

Flareon@lefties / Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Return
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast / Overheat
- Curse / Quick Attack

Special Arcanine is novelty at best. Physical Arcanine with Intimidate works better. Hidden Power [Ground / Fighting] over Return, but you can use Iron Tail if you can't be bothered to breed for the right HP.

Mild for that Magmar set please. Confuse Ray or Psychic are both fine. Sunny Day if you're looking for that extra firepower.

Shiny_Milotic

With Hidden Power .. If a Pokemon is at Level 5 and I give it HP, and then it grows a level and I reteach it HP, will it be the same Type and Power?

Also, doesn't it take an extremely long time to get the right Type with 70 Power?

Should I just not bother and use Iron Tail for Jolteon/Flareon/Arcanine?

Jolteon - Timid
Thunderbolt
Wish
HP Ice / Iron Tail / ????
????

Flareon - Brave
Curse
HP Ground / Iron Tail / Shadow Ball
Return
Overheat / Fire Blast

Arcanine - Mild/Adamant
Overheat