• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Navel Maneuvers! (095)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't like how Misty and Tracy both paid too much attention to Danny and kind of ignored Ash but I liked how creative the gym match was with the ice sculpting part and the race down the mountain however. ^^

p96822

Evolve me please
This episode was horrible! The characters were horrible horribly done, the plot is just stupid and other Gym battles were done much more better then this. If this was an adventure type episode were Ash had to make a Slid to go down the mountain that would have been fine, but having as a challenge to win a gym badge doesn't really work. I rather have this be a gym battle on a snowy mountain were Ash would have trouble with the elements like radom bizzards happen to make it hard for the Pokemon and the trainer to see, the snow herndering the Pokemon movement or coming up with an idea to change the battlefleid.

The whole Misty and Danny thing felt pointless and wasn't need for the plot to happen. It felt like Misty was a jerk to Ash because she wanted to be a jerk in this episode. It felt really creepy when Danny call Misty the most beautiful thing on the island. Is Misty suppost to like 11 to 12 in this series? It look looks like Danny was in his early twinties or something. If this plot point was scarped then nothing would have change in the episode at all.

Speaking of Danny, he felt like a Gray-stu type of character as well as being the blandess gym leader I have ever saw in a Pokemon anime before and after this episode. They is nothing really intressing about this character in the sightly and I rather him be a mounty or something. They could have change this episode of Ash and the gang climbing up this mountain to find the gym and Danny as a mountain ranger could have help them get to the gym save and sound. That would've been more intressing then the episode we have now.

If there was an award for dumbest gym challenges this episode would ten times in a row.

JudySpell

Banned
Danny was too goody-goody for me but I was so proud of how Ash handled the Gym challenge on his own especially the racing part. 7.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol he was too perfect, period. It was annoying seeing him best Ash at everything until the race down the mountain.

I think Danny was a bit too perfect and nice, tho looking back I guess it was done to make him seem like the exact opposite of Ash hee hee. :D

UmbrionKnight

I was going to comment on this post in an analysis sort of manner, but this thread and all the rabid fangirls make it far from salvageable.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I wonder if Misty only acted like she was attracted to Danny to make Ash jealous? Anyway, I really liked this episode. Danny was such an awesome, mature character. I also liked watching the sled race.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Navel Island looked very diverse since it had a tropical beach and an icy mountain. I liked Dan the Gym Leader, even though Kasumi and Kenji were acting like his fangirls while Satoshi struggled throughout the episode. Seeing the ice sled race down the mountain was the best part since Ash managed to win.

ZilverLox

Banned
I really liked this episode. Danny was such an awesome, laid back guy. It was cool to see Danny brush off Team Rocket with relative ease. Ash should've lost the race. It was probably the way the writers had him win that threw me off since he was pretty much outclassed from the beginning. I didn't care for Misty or Tracey in this episode. Seems a little dangerous to make everyone climb a mountain before the Gym battle though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked Dan the Gym Leader, even though Kasumi and Kenji were acting like his fangirls while Satoshi struggled throughout the episode.

Danny was perfect in every way possible unlike Ash lol, so Misty and Tracey's attitude made sense even if they snubbed Ash as a result.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Amazing Gym episode and an example of how enjoyable the series can be if it strayed away from the games a little. It was more interesting than most of the Kanto Gym battles.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode was good..jealous ash is rare to watch

To this day, I genuinely wonder if Satoshi was actually jealous of the way that Kasumi and Kenji were treating Dan, or if he was just more annoyed by their sudden interest in a stranger. I suppose it may've been a little bit of both, but Satoshi being jealous isn't something that's part of his usual emotional range.

Alloutℯ

Banned
To this day, I genuinely wonder if Satoshi was actually jealous of the way that Kasumi and Kenji were treating Dan, or if he was just more annoyed by their sudden interest in a stranger. I suppose it may've been a little bit of both, but Satoshi being jealous isn't something that's part of his usual emotional range.

Ash didn't seem jealous though and he was mainly focused on winning the Sea Ruby badge. But Misty did act ditzy and she was rude to Ash.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I found Dan funny when he first encountered the Rocket-dan and removed the suction cup device from Pikachu and replaced it with a rock, all while smiling serenely.

Danny seemed like a nice man and it was Misty who ruined his character since she was flirting with him. The sled making challenge was fun but the downhill race seemed like a death cause waiting to happen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Did we find out how old Dan was? He looked like an adult, so I've always found it quite creepy that Kasumi was so smitten with him. It was especially odd because her admiration of him seemed to sprout out of nowhere.