• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Navel Maneuvers! (095)

Daizy

I call you honey
Danny was pretty boring compared to Cissy, Rudy, and Luana IMO. His interactions with Misty were fun enough though.

Danny was so fake. His whole nice guy routine seemed forced and I got the feeling that he was purposely infuriating to mess with Ash's composure.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Even though Dan's perfect politeness seemed excessive, I don't think he was being fake or deceitful. He seemed genuinely nice, it's just that Satoshi's bitterness served as a shocking contrast.

I still find it odd how Navel Island was so small but had this huge mountain in the middle that awkwardly juts out like that. Danny was one of those characters who seemed too good to be true from the start and I almost thought he was a villain in disguise. The ice sculpting challenge and race down the mountain were cool because once again Ash had to win a Gym match without just battling the Gym Leader.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
The ice sculpting challenge and race down the mountain were cool because once again Ash had to win a Gym match without just battling the Gym Leader.

This kinda pissed me off though because this gym and even the one before didn't involve battling but then the next two Orange Islands gyms did involve battling, so it's like what the heck was the point of introducing nonbattling gyms?

This was a good episode since it showed Danny the gym leader although the worst parts of the episode were when Misty was more worried about Danny than about Ash and also that this gym didn't have a gym battle. The racing part was cool though because it required Ash to build his own sled using Lapras's ice and his Pokemon to help him maneuver the sled down the mountain. My favorite scene was Team Rocket's attack since Danny helped Ash. 7/10

New island new gym battle. Was awesome to see the new gym leader Danny brush off Team Rocket like it was nothing. Ash should've lost the race at the mountain summit because he was inexperienced at sledding. A battle between Ash and Danny would have been a good way of setting the gym instead of all the hiking and racing.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Talk about a situation where Ash was by himself since Misty and Tracey decided to root for Danny more than him. I don't blame Ash for acting so grumpy because of his friends lack of support...

As much as it irked me to see Satoshi's friends give him little attention here, I now realize that Satoshi was being kind of petty since he seemed to hold Dan in contempt even though he was a nice guy who helped out against the Rocket-dan and was just doing his job as a Gym Leader.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Talk about a situation where Ash was by himself since Misty and Tracey decided to root for Danny more than him. I don't blame Ash for acting so grumpy because of his friends lack of support...

I don’t remember Tracey supporting Danny more than Ash at all?

I don’t recall Misty rooting for Danny during his race with Ash either. Yes, Misty was clearly infatuated with Danny but this was before it was revealed he was a gym leader.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I don’t remember Tracey supporting Danny more than Ash at all?

I don’t recall Misty rooting for Danny during his race with Ash either. Yes, Misty was clearly infatuated with Danny but this was before it was revealed he was a gym leader.

Well maybe not rooting literally but they seemed preoccupied with Danny to the point where Ash's part in the gym challenge was overlooked by them in some parts.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Well maybe not rooting literally but they seemed preoccupied with Danny to the point where Ash's part in the gym challenge was overlooked by them in some parts.

They? Misty, yes. It was shown she obviously had a crush on Danny but I don't remember Tracey being more preoccupied with Danny at all