• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naya Aggro Post Rotation

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Ok so here is the intro. Pretty generic Naya Aggro deck with my little life gain I love to throw in decks. But anyway have fun rating and yeah. Anyway, onto the main event

Creatures: 17
4x Dryad Militant
1x Sylvan Caryatid
1x Savageborn Hydra
1x Fleecemane Lion
3x Boros Reckoner
2x Fiendslayer Paladin
2x Loxodon Smiter
1x Ghor-Clan Rampager
1x Archangel of Thune
2x Stormbreath Dragon

Instants: 7
4x Magma Jet
2x Boros Charm
1x Selesnya Charm

Sorcery: 1
1x Anger of the Gods

Enchantment: 8
1x Chained to the Rocks
2x Gift of Immortality
3x Unflinching Courage
2x Gift of Orzhova

Artifact: 1
1x Bow of Nylea

Planeswalker: 2
1x Ajani, Caller of the Pride
1x Xenagos, the Reveler

Land:
1x Temple Garden
1x Stomping Grounds
1x Temple of Abandon
1x Temple of Triumph
6x Forest
8x Mountain
5x Plains

Sideboard is still under constuction, I have one that I used today at Game Day but I only had to use my set of Silence from it, I'm going to change it up, it was for the meta from pre-rotation.

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
My $0.02

Creatures:
Well...you're missing Experiment One, which would be an awesome 1-drop.
Sylvan Caryatid doesn't really do much for you, since you're Aggro and not ramp.
Savageborn Hydra is an interesting mana-sink, but also a bit underwhelming, and very slow.
Fleecemane Lion is good. You should probably run more. Same for Loxodon Smiter.
Hitting Double-white for Fiendslayer Paladin on Turn 3 is not easy. Same issue with Boros Reckoner, especially with 6 basic Forests.

Spells:
Magma Jet is just a Mizzium Mortars that doesn't kill Blood Baron or opposing Stormbreath Dragons.
Boros Charm isn't as needed with the real lack of control decks in the format. It's sideboard material.
Selesnya Charm should be seen in higher numbers. It's your only way to deal with Desecration Demon, Obzedat, and all the other huge Gruul monsters.
Anger of the Gods doesn't seem like something you really want to cast. It'll hurt you more than your opponent in most cases.
Chained to the Rocks is like a worse Selesnya Charm that can be killed with Glare of Heresy, Destructive Revelry, or Bramblecrush.
Gift of Immortality is going to be hard to play with a double-white cost.
I'm not sure what Bow of Nylea really does for you.

Planeswalkers:
Xenagos is really a Midrange 'walker. He doesn't really do all that much in an aggro deck.
Ajani, Caller of the Pride is a solid Aggro walker, but will be hard to play in a 3-color deck with only 7 white sources.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Would this deck be better suited as a Midrange deck then??? I can make changes pretty easily. and I've been wanting to slow my game down

Kamotz

God of Monsters
I suppose so. Though I advocate Domri for any midrange build in RG. I was on the Naya kick for a while this season, but I just don't think it has the power to compete against decks like mono blue/green/Gruul.

Naya wants to have the biggest things on the field, and those decks all go so much bigger, or *more* in Blue's case.