1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Naya Midrange (MTG Standard)

Discussion in 'Rate My Deck' started by Kamotz, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Kamotz

Kamotz God of Monsters

This deck evolved very recently as I shifted my Bant deck from my desired Midrange to the admittedly better-situated Control. I realized that Naya had all the shenanigans I wanted to pull off in Bant (Resto-Thragtusk/Armada Wurm with Trostani) and the added bonus of cards like Thundermaw Hellkite and some targeted removal. So with that, I was able to acquiesce and commit to Bant Control while secretly cobbling together ideas for this deck in my spare non-Bant time.

Right now the mana base is a little...janky, but after several test games, I've pretty much figured it out and got it to work. Gatecrash's Shocklands will certainly make it easier, but it's still surprisingly solid.

The Sideboard, obviously, isn't a sideboard. Rather, it's a list of any and all cards that I even might consider playing is now a real Sideboard.

Creatures: 23
    3 Centaur Healer
    2 Loxodon Smiter
    4 Huntmaster of the Fells
    4 Restoration Angel
    2 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    4 Thragtusk
    2 Thundermaw Hellkite
    2 Armada Wurm
    1 Gisela, Blade of Goldnight

Spells: 14
    3 Bonfire of the Damned
    4 Farseek
    2 Mizzium Mortars
    4 Searing Spear
    2 Garruk, Primal Hunter

Lands: 23
    2 Cavern of Souls
    3 Clifftop Retreat
    2 Forest
    2 Gavony Township
    2 Mountain
    2 Plains
    4 Rootbound Crag
    2 Sunpetal Grove
    4 Temple Garden

Sideboard: 15
    1 Ray of Revelation
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Selesnya Charm
    1 Sundering Growth
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Oblivion Ring
    1 Rhox Faithmender
    1 Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
    2 Zealous Conscripts
    1 Craterhoof Behemoth

2. the3rdH0kage

the3rdH0kage Turn my Swag on!

Well dang this deck is expensive. But anyway looks good. lolz

3. Kamotz

Kamotz God of Monsters

I've updated the list with the actual sideboard. I think it's made more to handle control decks, which are running rampant in this format.

4. niedude

niedude Don't forget to grin

Question: What's your usual target for Cavern of Souls?

5. Kamotz

Kamotz God of Monsters

Cavern: calling whatever I have in my hand that needs to NOT be countered. Beast, Wurm, Angel, or Dragon, usually. Though sometimes I might use it for Huntmaster (human). Not as likely though, unless I'm boarding in Thalia and/or Zealous Conscripts.