• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nba/ncaab 2018-2019

ebevan91

NBA/College Basketball 2018-2019

So the NBA season started a couple nights ago and I thought it would be appropriate to create a new thread to discuss the new NBA season and the upcoming college basketball season.

Some way too early predictions to get the discussion going...

West, in no order after #4:

Golden State
Oklahoma City
San Antonio
Houston
Los Angeles Clippers
Memphis
Minnesota
Denver

Some good teams will be left out I think, such as Portland and Utah. This conference is way too deep. If the NBA decided to put in the top 16 seeds no matter the conference, I'd say 10 of the teams would be from the West. Golden State will be your #1 and I think OKC will edge out San Antonio for the #2.

I was going to leave Memphis out of the playoffs originally but I just couldn't pull the trigger. We lost Tony Allen and Zach Randolph but added Mario Chalmers again, signed Tyreke Evans and Ben McLemore, and drafted Dillon Brooks, who could be a dark horse ROTY candidate. Barring any major injuries I think they could sneak up to the #4 seed but 6-8 seems most likely.

East, in no order after #4:

Cleveland
Washington
Toronto
Boston
Milwaukee
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Miami

I honestly don't keep up with the East as much as the West since my team is in the West, and usually wind up watching WC games, but Cleveland is definitely the frontrunner in the East with Washington being a strong #2 as well. I still have hope for Boston as they are the team I usually root for in the East, but with the loss of Gordon Hayward, I went from putting them as the #2, possibly #1, to being #4.

Western Conference Finals: Golden State vs. Oklahoma City
Eastern Conference Finals: Cleveland vs. Washington
NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland (again)

MVP: Honestly I have no clue. Westbrook has a lot more talent around him. Harden can't be counted out. There's always KD and Lebron to consider too. Watch out for the Greek Freak as well.

ROTY: Ben Simmons
DPOTY: Rudy Gobert
COTY: Scott Brooks

I would've posted more but there's really not that much to say about this young season yet, except **** injuries and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ELIMINATE GOLDEN STATE AND CLEVELAND BEFORE THE NBA FINALS?

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I just know it's gonna be a long season for my Lakers.

Hope for the best of Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram. Especially in tonight's performance.

ebevan91

Joel Embiid 46 points 15 rebounds 7 blocks 7 assists vs Los Angeles Lakers

The man is UNSTOPPABLE

That's one of the most ridiculous stat lines I've ever seen. Couldn't believe it when I saw it last night.

Also I can't believe that Boston has won 13 straight games after starting 0-2.

Steven of Venus

From Another Planet
When Kobe scored 60 points, that was actually a code for Michael Jordan at 112 as Rhydon, since 60 seconds in the clock is 12, and 6 is right below 12.

Kobe's final point total at 643 meant that it's a big Larvitar, a big Snorlax, since Snorlax is number 1"43" in the Pokedex.

Shaq is also Snorlax, just as Kobe is Aerodactyl directly below Snorlax at 142.

6 could also mean Charizard though, his number in the Pokedex. Just as Jordan could be Charizard rather than Rhydon, Kobe could be Rayquaza rather than Aerodactyl.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

When Kobe scored 60 points, that was actually a code for Michael Jordan at 112 as Rhydon, since 60 seconds in the clock is 12, and 6 is right below 12.

Kobe's final point total at 643 meant that it's a big Larvitar, a big Snorlax, since Snorlax is number 1"43" in the Pokedex.

Shaq is also Snorlax, just as Kobe is Aerodactyl directly below Snorlax at 142.

6 could also mean Charizard though, his number in the Pokedex. Just as Jordan could be Charizard rather than Rhydon, Kobe could be Rayquaza rather than Aerodactyl.
Michael Jordan=Arceus / Shaquille O'Neal=Regirock/ Kobe Bryant=Scizor

ebevan91

My team sucks ***

I was fooled by the 6-1 or whatever start we had.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
If you had to choose between LeBron James and Michael Jordan to build a team around who would you pick and why?

Recency bias probably, but I would go with LeBron. What he is doing at his age, increasing efficiency across the board, is absolutely nuts, and having a player like him practically improving very year would be a great player to build around. He's practically match-up proof, and is incredibly versatile and can play and defend 1-4 easily.

On another note, the Celtics have cooled off a bit, but I love watching Kyrie lead all the young guns. Jay Tatum is gonna be a perennial All-Star, that boy is a bad man at only 19 years old.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

2018 NBA All-STAR WEEKEND February 16th-February 18th

Slam Dunk Contest Participants
Aaron Gordon (Orlando Magic)
Larry Nance Jr. (Los Angeles Lakers)
Victor Oladipo (Indiana Pacers)
Dennis Smith Jr. (Dallas Mavericks)

Three-Point Contest Participants
Devin Booker (Phoenix Suns)
Paul George (Oklahoma City Thunder)
Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors)
Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors)
Eric Gordon (Houston Rockets)
Wayne Ellington (Miami Heat)
Tobias Harris (Detroit Pistons)
Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards)

NBA All-Star Game

Team LeBron
LeBron James
Paul George
Anthony Davis
Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Russell Westbrook
LaMarcus Aldridge
John Wall
Victor Oladipo
Goran Dragic
Andre Drummond
Bradley Beal
Kristpas Porzingis

Team Stephen
Stephen Curry
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Joel Embiid
James Harden
DeMar DeRozan
Jimmy Butler
Kyle Lowry
Draymond Green
Damion Lillard
Klay Thompson
Karl-Anthony Towns
Al Horford

Navin

MALDREAD
Lmao, the Cavs overthrew their entire roster. Definitely should have a much better chance in clinching the East (I'd argue that Lebron would have still somehow dragged them through several 7 game series even with the previous roster), but Warriors are still the class of the NBA.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Lmao, the Cavs overthrew their entire roster. Definitely should have a much better chance in clinching the East (I'd argue that Lebron would have still somehow dragged them through several 7 game series even with the previous roster), but Warriors are still the class of the NBA.

The guy's been bad on defense this season,still stat padding,I've heard rumors of him considered going to Golden State,wouldn't surprise me since he has a track record of not being loyal to a team and joining forces with multiple all-star level players on another team to win championships.

Last edited:

ebevan91

The guy's been bad on defense this season,still stat padding,I've heard rumors of him considered going to Golden State,wouldn't surprise me since he has a track record of not being loyal to a team and joining forces with multiple all-star level players on another team to win championships.

People were talking about him going to the Rockets too. If he goes to the Warriors I'm done with the NBA. He'd get a lot more respect out of me if he went to another smaller market team.