• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

ysmr97

Bull's win D-Rose is back baby!!

I wouldn't say he is back. He made one lucky shot. Other than that he shot 7-23 and forced 4 turnovers. The main thing that I think did the Knicks in was the mitchmatching at the SG slot. Butler is so much bigger and stronger then Hardaway Jr. It was an unfair matchup. Also, Il Mago's 1st half performance did not help

Puma Italia

I missed most of the game last night, but I got home for the end. What a rough loss that was, I almost knew it would happen when Tyson missed the first free throw.

1Zekrom

#1 fan & collector
I wouldn't say he is back. He made one lucky shot. Other than that he shot 7-23 and forced 4 turnovers. The main thing that I think did the Knicks in was the mitchmatching at the SG slot. Butler is so much bigger and stronger then Hardaway Jr. It was an unfair matchup. Also, Il Mago's 1st half performance did not help

He might not be where he was in the MVP season but it sure is good to have him back. "Lucky shot" he's done that to many times to call that shot "lucky"

ysmr97

I missed most of the game last night, but I got home for the end. What a rough loss that was, I almost knew it would happen when Tyson missed the first free throw.

I think it was more Melos fault. He should have driven instead of try to make that long shot.

Although, I beleive he did so so Tyson could get the rebound.

Well, at least we can look forward to the next three games, and rejoice at the chance Brooklyn will lose tonight.

Puma Italia

I think it was more Melos fault. He should have driven instead of try to make that long shot.

Although, I beleive he did so so Tyson could get the rebound.

Well, at least we can look forward to the next three games, and rejoice at the chance Brooklyn will lose tonight.

I didn't like the Nets last season for obvious reasons. They've just become so much more hateable for me now though. (Paul Pierce and KG are a big part of that) They bring in all of these old All Star players, and everyone is crowning them champions of NY. I have respect for Kidd, but I'll be rooting hard against his team this year. Meanwhile the Knicks will go about their business like they always do.

ysmr97

I didn't like the Nets last season for obvious reasons. They've just become so much more hateable for me now though. (Paul Pierce and KG are a big part of that) They bring in all of these old All Star players, and everyone is crowning them champions of NY. I have respect for Kidd, but I'll be rooting hard against his team this year. Meanwhile the Knicks will go about their business like they always do.

Oh, I absolutely detest the Nets. The most overrated team in the NBA. I don't wanna spit out my whole usual rant, but it was a stupid trade that only looks good on paper, and after the two old f**ks retire in a few years, Bkn will be screwed over, and I will sit on my resigned Melo throne and laugh. Nets suck.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I'm not as big of a basketball fan as I am the other three sports, but since I live in Metro Detroit, I always cheer for the Pistons to do well, even though they kind of suck right now (?). Although they played a great game against Memphis last night. Even though they lost, they still managed to take a good team playing their home opener to overtime and only lose by about six points or so. Loss or not, I'll take it. I haven't seen them play like that in years.

Although it's still too early for anything to matter.

Also, are we allowed to talk about college basketball when it starts up, along with the NBA? Kind of like the NFL/NCAAF thread?

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Well seeing as how Toronto is the only team in Canada -where I live-.... Go Raptors; whooooo o: .

ebevan91

I'm not as big of a basketball fan as I am the other three sports, but since I live in Metro Detroit, I always cheer for the Pistons to do well, even though they kind of suck right now (?). Although they played a great game against Memphis last night. Even though they lost, they still managed to take a good team playing their home opener to overtime and only lose by about six points or so. Loss or not, I'll take it. I haven't seen them play like that in years.

Although it's still too early for anything to matter.

Also, are we allowed to talk about college basketball when it starts up, along with the NBA? Kind of like the NFL/NCAAF thread?

The person who made the thread (or a mod) should edit the thread title to include NCAAB. Also the Pistons lost by 3. 111-108. I'm a Grizzlies fan and its easy to keep track of our only win at the moment lol.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Oh, it was 111-108? It was 111-105 the last time I checked, and I assumed nobody else scored then. My bad lol.

ebevan91

Oh, it was 111-108? It was 111-105 the last time I checked, and I assumed nobody else scored then. My bad lol.

I think they hit a garbage time three pointer.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
They're great at giving up leads too, according to the game I watched last night.
Very good at giving up a lead, taking it back, and then giving it up again. Im surprised they competed with Memphis anyway. Cant wait to see Rondo back but then again a lottery pick would be nice in this years draft

ysmr97

Well, Tyson Chandler is out for 4-6 weeks the only people that can play center on the Bockers are Kenyon (the fossil), Amare (the glass statue), Aldrich (no) and Bargs (Allergic to rebounding). We are so screwed. That's what we get for signing Chris Smith to keep JR happy. And we're not getting Jeremy Tyler until at least December, so that doesn't matter. Soooo, the only answer..... CHRIS SMITH AT THE FIVEEEEEE!!! XD

Puma Italia

Well, Tyson Chandler is out for 4-6 weeks the only people that can play center on the Bockers are Kenyon (the fossil), Amare (the glass statue), Aldrich (no) and Bargs (Allergic to rebounding). We are so screwed. That's what we get for signing Chris Smith to keep JR happy. And we're not getting Jeremy Tyler until at least December, so that doesn't matter. Soooo, the only answer..... CHRIS SMITH AT THE FIVEEEEEE!!! XD

I don't see why they don't just stick with the small lineup. They played small against big teams last year, and it worked fine. Now they have to play small. I'd like to see Amare or Kenyon at center (maybe give Amare another shot just because this team has trouble scoring)

I honestly can see Bargnani being cut some time this season. He is terrible, and plays with no emotion.

ysmr97

I don't see why they don't just stick with the small lineup. They played small against big teams last year, and it worked fine. Now they have to play small. I'd like to see Amare or Kenyon at center (maybe give Amare another shot just because this team has trouble scoring)

I honestly can see Bargnani being cut some time this season. He is terrible, and plays with no emotion.

Thats what I said!! But I think it's because the second team would have TERRIBLE rebounding/defensive issues (Bargs + Amare'/Kenyon).

But it makes more sense to go big. Felt is a good shooter and pick and roll maker, Prig is a great defensemen and ok shooter, Metta offers insane defense and suprisingly good offence (or they can go with Shump and get great offense and good defense), Melo is great at the 4, and Tyson is Tyson.

And I hope so. He pisses me off

Last edited:

Puma Italia

Thats what I said!! But I think it's because the second team would have TERRIBLE rebounding/defensive issues (Bargs + Amare'/Kenyon).

But it makes more sense to go big. Felt is a good shooter and pick and roll maker, Prig is a great defensemen and ok shooter, Metta offers insane defense and suprisingly good offence (or they can go with Shump and get great offense and good defense), Melo is great at the 4, and Tyson is Tyson.

And I hope so. He pisses me off

I was confused about the Bargnani trade when I first heard about it. I mean they didn't give up much, but they didn't really get much in return. Also why am I hearing about people who want Woodson fired? I just don't understand that. He has done such a good job with this team, I'd like to see him here for the future. He's the right guy for the job. There's just too many guards on this team right now. They really did nothing to address the rebounding issue.