• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
The Miami Heats are moving on to the Eastern Conference Finals, I'm not surprised.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
The Miami Heats are moving on to the Eastern Conference Finals, I'm not surprised.

consider that they had done it every year, this definitely is not a surprise - question now is who will face them in the finals

pacers vs wizards game 6 is tomorrow - if wizards win then the series gets tied but if pacers win then its all over

moving on some headlines for today

steve kerr agrees to coach warriors( after warriors fires marc jackson and after warriors won the bidding war with knicks) this upcoming season so i guess that will be the last time we saw him as a tnt commentator( im talking about the clippers vs thunders game 5 match)

lets give a round of applause for the upcoming warriors coach and wish him the best :)

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
it took three hockey games for NYC to get into a good mood, it took just one hoops game to reverse that, NYC will be rooting for the Wiz or the Pacers

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yeah i'm not surprised the Heat are in the Eastern Conference Finals. If it ends up being the Spurs vs Heat again in the Finals I won't be surprised.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
some 2nd round matchups are over.

heat defeat nets 96 to 94 ( clinches now for the sixth straight time to eastern conference finals)

will face winner of wizards vs pacers

johnson scored at least 34 points from the nets in his final game, while some news about the future of pierce and garnett is yet to be confirmed

pierce will end up as a free agent while garnett might announce his retirement somewhere in the next few months.

chalmers was o of 5 in 3 point attempt but wade was the superstar in this game instead of james ( who used up his energy i think most in game 4's win)

spurs defeat blazers ( spurs will now advance to western conference finals as well)

blazers performance were at least something until the start of third quarter were they were outscored by spurs by as much as 15 points

tony parker suffers a tight hamstring in 2nd quarter with 8 minutes and 45 seconds left after missing two field goals - his future on playing for the western conference finals is yet to be announced.

spurs when without parker are actually 11 to 3 in record ( 78.5 % in field goals) while when they have parker playing they were 51 to 17( 76.5 % field goals) in 2014 regular seasons

so with that even if parker would miss remainder of the games, i'm pretty sure the spurs would put a good matchup on whoever they face next

spurs will face the winner of oklahoma city thunders and los angeles clippers series for the western conference finals.

Would really like to see the Wizard's push a game 7. Def. wouldn't mined watching them play the Heat either.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
eastern conference final is set ( pacers defeat wizards 93 to 80 completes the series 4 to 1 - indiana now clinches to the finals who will face the miami heat )

ok another rematch is expected - indiana vs miami ( but this time indiana would have the home court advantage with games 1-2, 5 & 7) while miami will only have 3 which is game 2, 4 & 6 respectively

then we still have the awaiting western conference finals to be decided

winner of okc vs lac series will face san antonio spurs who defeated portland
oklahoma leads series 3 to 2 in the mean time.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
eastern conference final is set ( pacers defeat wizards 93 to 80 completes the series 4 to 1 - indiana now clinches to the finals who will face the miami heat )

ok another rematch is expected - indiana vs miami ( but this time indiana would have the home court advantage with games 1-2, 5 & 7) while miami will only have 3 which is game 2, 4 & 6 respectively

I have a feeling this series is going to Game 7.

-Edit-
I guess no Game 7 then. Westbrook kinda flopped during the foul by Jordan.

Final score OKC-104 | LAC-98

OKC vs SAS on Monday.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I have a feeling this series is going to Game 7.

-Edit-
I guess no Game 7 then. Westbrook kinda flopped during the foul by Jordan.

Final score OKC-104 | LAC-98

OKC vs SAS on Monday.

yeah sadly we won't be seeing a game 7 for this series though i would love to see it actually but i had no problem with that since i want okc to win the series however they finish the clippers in the series ( 4 to 2)

and so with that we have a bunch of playoff rematch

beginning with indiana vs miami ( where miami wins in the series in the last few years) for the eastern conference finals

then we have san antonio vs oklahoma ( where oklahoma takes the series one time) for the western conference finals

hmm are we going to see another rematch from last year's finals - san antonio vs miami

but even if that's the case whoever wins the series i will definitely appreciate it since these 4 were my favors after all ( ind, sa , okc & mia)

meanwhile other news from nba - andrei blatche was all in for neutralizing himself as a filipino citizen - good i'm a filipino citizen so i'm proud with his decision.

Last edited:
Well, did much better at predicting these matchups than i did in the first round. Had Portland ousting the Spurs in 7, so that was my most surprising series to me. Had Miami sweeping the series. Didn't expect a win at all by the Nets despite KG and Paul Pierce having a knack for giving Lebron and the Heat trouble during their tenure with the Celtics. Predicted Pacers to win in 5, didn't expect a great defensive team like them to whiff game 5 like they did. Also had Thunder over Clippers in 6, so i got that one down pretty well, considered it to be the most contentious of the series that were played in Round 2.

My Predictions for the Conference Semifinals:
Pacers over Heat
Thunder over Spurs

Called Thunder vs. Pacers a while ago before the season started so i'm hoping it shapes up. I dislike all things Texas in terms of professional sports (with the exception of Houston Teams (although Rockets are a special case now with Dwight crybaby Howard on their team)) and i despise the Heat (especially Lebron James for a variety of reasons). I know my match-up is a bit of a long shot, but i've been known to play against the odds at times (especially during football season). Who knows, i might get this one right.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Called Thunder vs. Pacers a while ago before the season started so i'm hoping it shapes up. I dislike all things Texas in terms of professional sports (with the exception of Houston Teams (although Rockets are a special case now with Dwight crybaby Howard on their team)) and i despise the Heat (especially Lebron James for a variety of reasons). I know my match-up is a bit of a long shot, but i've been known to play against the odds at times (especially during football season). Who knows, i might get this one right.

I hope you're right! I would love to see a Pacers/Thunder Final. I don't want to see the Heat in the finals again....

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I hope you're right! I would love to see a Pacers/Thunder Final. I don't want to see the Heat in the finals again....

Don't we all? But that's wishful thinking and we pretty much know that the Heats will make to the Finals. Bill Simmons, we all know your a bandwagoner just stfu with the Heat this and Lebron that.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
i despise the Heat (especially Lebron James for a variety of reasons).

i'll try to guess- maybe when he tries to score 49 points alone and don't let the others shoot in this year's miami vs brooklyn series or the time when he leaves cleveland when he is doing well then regretting himself losing in the finals and decide to team up with a team which deserved to have a champion

i actually thought about this that most people would have hated lebron james even if he is a well known player or mvp

i had to say your prediction for the eastern conference finals - chances are slim though i would like that to happen to give the nba finals a fresh team to compete( indiana)

with so many times spurs and heat squared in the finals

pacers vs thunders - i root this one for nba finals

it might be our wish but who knows it may happen , remember in nba miracles do happen

i'll try to guess- maybe when he tries to score 49 points alone and don't let the others shoot in this year's miami vs brooklyn series or the time when he leaves cleveland when he is doing well then regretting himself losing in the finals and decide to team up with a team which deserved to have a champion

i actually thought about this that most people would have hated lebron james even if he is a well known player or mvp

i had to say your prediction for the eastern conference finals - chances are slim though i would like that to happen to give the nba finals a fresh team to compete( indiana)

with so many times spurs and heat squared in the finals

pacers vs thunders - i root this one for nba finals

it might be our wish but who knows it may happen , remember in nba miracles do happen

eh, my main reasons for disliking Lebron James are: 1. He's extremely arrogant. He and the rest of the Heat players exemplified this during the finals against the Mavs, and, to my satisfaction, got what they deserved. 2. Self Centered and Egotistical: Basically turned free agency into a game show to promote himself. 3. Injects himself, as well of elements of racism into multiple conversations that he has no business commenting on. One contemporary example of a conversation he has no business commenting on is the recent Donald Sterling situation. Said that no Sterling should have the chance to own the Clippers. Why should the family suffer for the mistakes of 1 individual? But if he wants to go that way, fine. Guess we should jail Lebron for drug abuse because his racist mom is a known drug offender. Just my 2 cents on Lebron. Go Kevin Durant! Nicest player in the league.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
eh, my main reasons for disliking Lebron James are: 1. He's extremely arrogant. He and the rest of the Heat players exemplified this during the finals against the Mavs, and, to my satisfaction, got what they deserved. 2. Self Centered and Egotistical: Basically turned free agency into a game show to promote himself. 3. Injects himself, as well of elements of racism into multiple conversations that he has no business commenting on. One contemporary example of a conversation he has no business commenting on is the recent Donald Sterling situation. Said that no Sterling should have the chance to own the Clippers. Why should the family suffer for the mistakes of 1 individual? But if he wants to go that way, fine. Guess we should jail Lebron for drug abuse because his racist mom is a known drug offender. Just my 2 cents on Lebron. Go Kevin Durant! Nicest player in the league.

I think I can someone that is a little similar :cough D Wade:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Uhh.. Two errors in your rundown:

1. Pacers - Wizards ended 4-2. Not 4-1.
2. Indiana have the homecourt, games 1, 2, 5, 7. This means that the Heat have 3, 4, 6. Not 2, 4, 6.

That being said.. The top4 is the same, with the exception of Oklahoma being new, as opposed to the Grizzlies last year when they beat Oklahoma in the semi-finals..

Don't forget, when Lebron is on a roll, he tends to forget he's in a team.. They may still win, because Lebron on a roll will force every other team to make sufficient amounts of errors, but when he's on a roll, he's making the rest of the Heat look incredibad.. The Heat have 3 players that should at least hit 20 every single game, but when Lebron gets his juice on, the other Wade and Bosh are marginalized..

Don't forget, when Lebron is on a roll, he tends to forget he's in a team.. They may still win, because Lebron on a roll will force every other team to make sufficient amounts of errors, but when he's on a roll, he's making the rest of the Heat look incredibad.. The Heat have 3 players that should at least hit 20 every single game, but when Lebron gets his juice on, the other Wade and Bosh are marginalized..
Definitely agree with this, especially with Chris Bosh. I loathe the fact that he's such an overlooked and underrated player on that team, despite having the status of being one of the "Big 3".

ebevan91

I really like Bosh. He's one of those players that I really wish would leave the Heat and go elsewhere. Preferably a Western Conference team. Maybe to the Spurs after Duncan retires (if he ever retires at like the age of 50).

Navin

MALDREAD
I really like Bosh. He's one of those players that I really wish would leave the Heat and go elsewhere. Preferably a Western Conference team. Maybe to the Spurs after Duncan retires (if he ever retires at like the age of 50).

Bosh could go to another team and be a star player like he was in Toronto, or at least much more of the go-to-guy, but he went through troubles like Lebron in not having enough in Toronto to win it all. He has a strong chance to win 3 NBA championships and been finalist for one more, so why would he ever want to leave while he still has Lebron and Wade and Allen.