• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

John Madden

resident policy guy
we pretty much know that the Heats will make to the Finals

we don't "pretty much know that", considering how badly they played against indiana even in the middle of the pacers' giant post-january slump

that series is going 7 either way. spurs are winning in 5 thanks to a thunder starter randomly dying in the semifinals for the second year in a row.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
we don't "pretty much know that", considering how badly they played against indiana even in the middle of the pacers' giant post-january slump

that series is going 7 either way. spurs are winning in 5 thanks to a thunder starter randomly dying in the semifinals for the second year in a row.

what makes you think the spurs would beat the thunder, we don't have any evidence stating that they will really do it.

BM565

The ZombieSonics still have a chance. Their most potent lineup was with WB-RJ-KD-Collison and Adams. Of course the lineup hasn't played much so the numbers may be skewed, but I'm pretty sure they can give the spurs a hard time with the athleticism alone. Also with Parker's injury potentially slowing him down, Westbrook would have free reign on the offensive end.

I see the Spurs winning in 6 or 7, but it can go either way.

John Madden

resident policy guy
what makes you think the spurs would beat the thunder, we don't have any evidence stating that they will really do it.

what makes you think the thunder will beat the spurs that doesn't involve A) games that involved james harden or 2) regular-season games

(i'm legitimately curious)

The ZombieSonics still have a chance. Their most potent lineup was with WB-RJ-KD-Collison and Adams. Of course the lineup hasn't played much so the numbers may be skewed, but I'm pretty sure they can give the spurs a hard time with the athleticism alone. Also with Parker's injury potentially slowing him down, Westbrook would have free reign on the offensive end.

I see the Spurs winning in 6 or 7, but it can go either way.

fair points, we're just gonna have to see how OKC responds to that injury in this series

(i just think it'll have more of an impact, mostly on the defensive end)

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Collison and Adams were playing well, some people were even asking them to bench Ibaka and Perkins for them. It's a tough loss, but Adams has done well in relief, and you still have the firepower of KD+RW. I honestly think that MVP speech of KD's really inspired his teammates, especially RW.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
what makes you think the thunder will beat the spurs that doesn't involve A) games that involved james harden or 2) regular-season games

(i'm legitimately curious)

well at this time i can say i think i had to agree with you since thunders are now without serge ibaka ( one of their best blocker and rebounder in their team) so they will now rely more on adams and collison - durant and westbrook also has to made shots.

since spurs still has a complete roster i bet parker will be playing - i can see them winning the series instead

ta -da game 1 of the eastern conference finals is over

pacers defeat heat 107 to 96

like i say pacers would definitely win if hibbert will stood up and he did - he grab 19 points ( this is what i want to see with him - contributing to the team to the effort that he can)

pacers leads series 1 to 0

game 2 is tuseday night at indiana.

ebevan91

Wow OKC is getting roflstomped by SA right now.

Anyone else thinking 4-0 for the Spurs? 4-1 at worst IMO.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Thunder 77 - 112 Spurs

Wow the Thunder just got murder today. I see the Spurs win in Game 5.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Thunder 77 - 112 Spurs

Wow the Thunder just got murder today. I see the Spurs win in Game 5.

i can see the spurs winning the series as well, it seems to be that okc has been always relying on durant and westbrook which is exactly a disadvantage to the team

thunders also ties their worst loss in franchise history as a result.

fyi: teams that trail 0 to 2 in a series has only 6 percent chance of winning the whole series

at least the eastern conference finals i think has a better performance, although the question is will paul george play after going through concussion.

so that's one problem of the pacers, oh well if he won't play then i guess miami gets a clear win

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
i can see the spurs winning the series as well, it seems to be that okc has been always relying on durant and westbrook which is exactly a disadvantage to the team

thunders also ties their worst loss in franchise history as a result.

fyi: teams that trail 0 to 2 in a series has only 6 percent chance of winning the whole series

at least the eastern conference finals i think has a better performance, although the question is will paul george play after going through concussion.

so that's one problem of the pacers, oh well if he won't play then i guess miami gets a clear win

A lot of excuses from OKC fans right now about "OKC would of won if Ibaka was there", OKC swept Spurs in reg. season, and OKC won the series against the Spurs 2 years ago with a comeback 4-2 in the western conference finals.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
A lot of excuses from OKC fans right now about "OKC would of won if Ibaka was there" and the whole OKC swept Spurs in reg. season.

yup that seems true since ibaka has serve as okc powerhouse in rebounds and blocks, without him it will be crucial for okc to win the series since they will mostly rely on durant and westbrook while the other okc players will try to shoot to the utmost that they can

well there's no need to worry okc looks like a young team to me so they still have a lot of chance to go for a trophy unlike san antonio ( pretty sure ducan, parker and ginobili will be retiring very soon)

so any news about paul george playing for ecf game 3?

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
so any news about paul george playing for ecf game 3?

Not that the moment. Eventually we'll let the news soon I mean man that gotta hurt and I never liked D Wade anyways. Dirty player.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Parker retiring???? He's only 31!

i said very soon - he started playing in san antonio year 1990 or 2000 something if i recall correctly

yeah i know he is 31 or 32 but he already looks old to me somewhat

on the other hand derek fisher confirms retirement at the end of this season, is this just speculation ( well i can understand why he would be retiring - he has been playing during the 90s)

Not that the moment. Eventually we'll let the news soon I mean man that gotta hurt and I never liked D Wade anyways. Dirty player.

could have agree more, what is wade's purpose anyway why he would hit george - and he didn't even had a grudge against him so i'm really confused on what is on d wade's mind

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
i said very soon - he started playing in san antonio year 1990 or 2000 something if i recall correctly

yeah i know he is 31 or 32 but he already looks old to me somewhat

Drafted in 2001 and yes he is 32 years old. I still consider that young in the NBA.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

6%? Is that based on historical statistics, or just mathematical calculations?

Drafted in 2001 and yes he is 32 years old. I still consider that young in the NBA.

He ain't a rookie though..

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
6%? Is that based on historical statistics, or just mathematical calculations?

how about this teams that trail o to 2 in a series losses 94 percent at the time

yup its not a joke so if okc would win this series that would be a fluke.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I never said Tony Parker was a rookie.

But you did say he was young.. I know the two aren't the same, but regarding an athlete of 32 as young is a bit of an overstatement.. Especially when most statistical surveys would show that the majority of athletes are past their prime after 35 and begin to suffer more and more injuries. Considering the NBA, well.. the way the league is set up to draft mostly from College Leagues, the majority of the players enter the league in their early/mid-twenties and thus only get a few years before age starts to kick in. So I can agree with the 'for NBA considerations', and that said, 32 isn't 35, but it's rather close to it..

There are of course exceptions to the rule.. Look at Shaq for example.. He was a fine piece of athletic build straight up until he retired.. And had a FTA% of 40%.. And guess what, he started to suck age 35..

How about this teams that trail o to 2 in a series losses 94 percent at the time

yup its not a joke so if okc would win this series that would be a fluke.

You misunderstood my question. How did you come at that percentage, is it based on historical facts or based on a mathematical scheme? I know that 100% - 6% = 94%, but I really want to know is if it is based of past play-offs, or just a mathematical equation.

Because I've done the mathematical equation and this is what I'm getting, per viable outcome.

Spurs odds:
- They win in game 4: 4-0: 25%
- They win in game 5: 4-1: 25% - This is the same number because they can lose either game 3 or 4, so the two odds of 0.125 add up to 0.25.
- They win in game 6: 4-2: 18.75%
- They win in game 7: 4-3: 12.5%

Total: 81.25% of winning the series.

Thunder odds:
- They win in game 6: 2-4: 6.25%
- They win in game 7: 3-4: 12.5% - This is higher then them winning in game 6 because of four different ways to get to game 7, each individual chance would be 3.125%

Total: 18.75% of winning the series.

So again, how are you getting to your number of 94%? Is that a historic piece of data that the NBA has issued, because it's not based on a simple chance calculation.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
So again, how are you getting to your number of 94%? Is that a historic piece of data that the NBA has issued, because it's not based on a simple chance calculation.

yes its based on an nba committee calculation if not i wouldn't have told this thing to all of you - i'm surprise myself too on how they get this kind of calculation