• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
May be due to injuries ?

nah i just said that he is already old enough for his age and someday he will use to retire himself because every nba players had a limit of years on how playing inside their nba basketball career.

John Madden

resident policy guy
i don't see parker retiring until we're much closer to 2020 - he's barely older than lebron and has played 2,000 less minutes overall in 2 more NBA seasons (hell, he's played only 400 more playoff minutes in 40 more games)

you don't really see superstar-tier players retiring that early unless they've got gambling problems.

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
nah i just said that he is already old enough for his age and someday he will use to retire himself because every nba players had a limit of years on how playing inside their nba basketball career.

Yea. generally thats more to influences like losing the drive and passion, body giving up, outside forces etc. Not because they've played in the league x number of years. (I've read that Kevin Johnson initially only wanted to play 10 years in the league, but even he too broke that.

-------------

Speaking of injuries and things similar, OKC have now made Ibaka day-to-day and will probably play later on in the series. Surprising for everyone except the Spurs it seems.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Speaking of injuries and things similar, OKC have now made Ibaka day-to-day and will probably play later on in the series. Surprising for everyone except the Spurs it seems.

well i think they will really make this decision in case when needed and just when okc is down 2 to 0, i guess i could say that they really can't survive without ibaka playing thus making the decision to let him play before this series gets done for good

on the other side heat leads the series 2 to 1( beating pacers 99 to 87)- ray allen dominating the fourth quarter knocking 4 three pointers without a miss - ends up with 16 points (4 of his shots were three pointers - he is actually 4 out of 4 in 3 point field goal)

the key of this game was actually ray allen himself , if it hadn't for his three pointers then heat would probably get a big win in today's game

heat also only had 14 points at the end of first quareter ( tying their lowet first quarter score in franchise history and also had 7 turnovers - most in 2014 nba season)

game 4 is still in miami ( miami in home floor are actually 36 to 7)

pacers had to do something different in game 4 or else the game would be going again to miami's favor.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Watching the Spurs playing right now is really pathetic. They're practically giving this game this OKC. -sigh-

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
thunders defeat spurs 106 to 97 ( spurs still leads series 2 to 1)

thunders had a chance to tie the series if they will win game 4 on their home court

well look who tries to play for game 3 none other than serge ibaka - if okc were without him they wouldn't have won this game even if they still had durant and westbrook

just as we expect he did contribute a lot to the team - he did 2 blocks and makes jump shots(ends up 14 points by the way for him) both in the first quarter

ibaka is just the terrific okc player needed in terms of rebounding and blocking

i was also thinking that they should place reggie jackson n the starting lineup, well it did really happen and a smart decision by scott brooks letting him start instead of thabo sefolosha

sefolosha looks to me he doesn't fit in the starting lineup, i mean what is the purpose of him being in okc - i can't see on how he will improve

spurs at least gave decent contribution but i think the credit all goes to leonard and ginobili, add duncan as well

parker meh his performance wasn't that great compared to games 1 and 2 ( only had 9 points)

well i think yes spurs gives this one to okc ,a dn they probably would done the same in game 4 - well at least let's hope that history won't be repeated.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
thunders defeat spurs 106 to 97 ( spurs still leads series 2 to 1)

thunders had a chance to tie the series if they will win game 4 on their home court

well look who tries to play for game 3 none other than serge ibaka - if okc were without him they wouldn't have won this game even if they still had durant and westbrook

just as we expect he did contribute a lot to the team - he did 2 blocks and makes jump shots(ends up 14 points by the way for him) both in the first quarter

ibaka is just the terrific okc player needed in terms of rebounding and blocking

i was also thinking that they should place reggie jackson n the starting lineup, well it did really happen and a smart decision by scott brooks letting him start instead of thabo sefolosha

sefolosha looks to me he doesn't fit in the starting lineup, i mean what is the purpose of him being in okc - i can't see on how he will improve

spurs at least gave decent contribution but i think the credit all goes to leonard and ginobili, add duncan as well

parker meh his performance wasn't that great compared to games 1 and 2 ( only had 9 points)

well i think yes spurs gives this one to okc ,a dn they probably would done the same in game 4 - well at least let's hope that history won't be repeated.

I have a feeling the refs was rigging the game in 3rd quarter -sigh-

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
yes its based on an nba committee calculation if not i wouldn't have told this thing to all of you - i'm surprise myself too on how they get this kind of calculation

In America, sports can apparently be calculated.. No romance...

i don't see parker retiring until we're much closer to 2020 - he's barely older than lebron and has played 2,000 less minutes overall in 2 more NBA seasons (hell, he's played only 400 more playoff minutes in 40 more games)

you don't really see superstar-tier players retiring that early unless they've got gambling problems.

I've made a case against this in the "soccer"-thread.. And the following is meant respectfully, but what is this typical American obsession with statistics in sports? It's the most statistic obsessed sports nation I've ever had the honor to participate in. Is it the American Dream? You need to thrive for success, and the easiest way to notably achieve that is if it can be measured in statistics/rankings? I think that's what it is. You don't become an "All American" athlete if you don't at least lead in one aspect of a game..

Those statistics say absolutely nothing if the player in question has had a long running injury, which could force him to play less minutes at a certain point in his career. And it says nothing about his current state of mind either..

What are you saying? He's played 2000 minutes less then Lebron, so he should make up for that? "He isn't done, if we just look at the statistics"?

What about: "Hey, I'm feeling really tired after each game, I think I might be ready to start taking up a role in society, dedicate my time for something else that's important to me - I may win this season, so I could stop while ending on a high note". I'm pretty sure statistics can't give you reasoning..

Watching the Spurs playing right now is really pathetic. They're practically giving this game this OKC. -sigh-

Their coach swapped out the starters in the end.. They didn't care...

Ugh...looks like the Heat are on their way to another NBA Finals to my disgust. Hopefully the Thunder rally their series and take out the Heat, because i don't want to see the Heat or Spurs win a championship...

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
The Pacers didn't even stand a chance tonight.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Heat keep on winning and it's making me sick...I just hope they lose in the finals. I don't care if it's the Thunder or Spurs that beat them....

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
just when i thought that the pacers should change their game plan but no and i think there was a hint on why pacers would lost this game

hibbert was again scoreless most of the time - i told you right i predicted this kind of outcome whenevr hibbert renders scoreless there is a small chance that pacers may win the game and it turned out to be true

looks like also miami when playing on their home court, they seemed to be aggressive and always care about winning not even trying to give their opponent a loss

from what i think this series may be best ending in game 5 or 6, there is a small chance that this will be brought to game 7 when miami is leading a series 3 to 1

heat defeat pacers 102 to 90 ( heat are just one step closer to the nba finals)

game 5 is back at indiana - its now or never, win or go home for indiana.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Sigh, the Spurs are playing like 2012 all over again.

Wooohooo Thunder! At least they aren't letting me down :)

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I won't be surprised if this series is rigged. Since NBA wanna hype up the stupid Durant vs Lebron rivalry.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
game over i think i know which nba team will make it to the finals

its them again - oklahoma and miami ( indiana won't stand a chance against miami on their home floor)

thunders defeat spurs 105 to 92 ( series is now tied at 2 a piece)

men i really can't stand these spurs - what a bunch of lame scoring for today and i didn't expect that this may be a repeat of the 2012 playoffs where thunders would probably swept the series again

westbrook had 40 and durant had 31 ( outscored spurs totally - these two are really a beast when it comes to their team)

can't we just have something different for this year, we don't want a repeat of a 2012 nba era

i'll predict what happen tomorrow its either in pacers win the game for 3 to 2 then probably miami would close the series on their home floor or heat would close the series in indiana

either of these things are the best that can happen, i don't think we will be expecting a game 7 due to indiana's lame performance. and if it happens i think heat would still probably win the series