• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Its over, Spurs going back to the NBA Finals | SAS - 112 | OKC - 107 |

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Hopefully the Spurs beat the Heat this time.....

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
one remarkable season has end for another team

spurs close the series in okc 112 to 107 winning the series 4 to 2 and now going back to nba finals having a rematch with the miami heat.

this is also the second time have 2 teams back to back consecutive appearances since 1998 with the bulls vs jazz series ( bulls winnning it both)

then now we have the spurs vs heat ( hopefully spurs will be able to recover their loos/ defeat in miami least year)

nba finals is set on june 5 with san antonio ( hosting game 1)

as for the nba finals series ( we have the same pattern with the elimination, semis, and quarterfinals so its basically a 2-2-1-1-1 series)

with san antonio having court games 1, 2,5 and 7 while miami having games 3, 4 and 6.

hopefully this nba finals will not have the same outcome with the pacers -heat finals series this year.

Sigh. Both my finals picks are out. Oh well. At least the Thunder went out in style. Hate saying this for the second year in a row, but go Spurs. You are the lesser of two evils.

So..does anyone care to express their thoughts on who will win this NBA Finals? My prediction is Spurs in either 6 or 7. Most likely 7. I don't like either team, but as i've stated multiple times in past posts, i'll take the lesser of two evils. If i'm not mistaken the Heat had home field in the last finals, whereas the Spurs have home field this time around, which poses a much greater advantage for the Spurs who are phenomenal at home. Hoping the Spurs win, regardless of how they do it. The sooner the better. Lebron needs to be knocked down a couple of pegs.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
I think the Spurs will win as well, hopefully Kawhi Leonard does a good job as usual on guarding LeBron. Spurs have a home court advantage here, which is great. Thinking the Heat will push it to a Game 7 though.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I still think the spurs will win in 5. While the heat have three good players, the spurs have more depth which'll not only make them harder to defend against, but make them less reliant on ginobli/parker to get points up. In addition, Popovich is easily the better of the two coaches and can basically use the same gameplan he used to shut down OKC in the last round. Miami should win one game at home, but I'm highly skeptical they'll win more than that with them having no true challenges in the playoffs this year facing all of charlotte (ew) brooklyn (ew) and the consistently inconsistent pacers team.

John Madden

resident policy guy
What are you saying? He's played 2000 minutes less then Lebron, so he should make up for that? "He isn't done, if we just look at the statistics"?

What about: "Hey, I'm feeling really tired after each game, I think I might be ready to start taking up a role in society, dedicate my time for something else that's important to me - I may win this season, so I could stop while ending on a high note". I'm pretty sure statistics can't give you reasoning..

i'm saying the only way he's retiring this early is if san antonio wins title #5, he suffers a career-ending injury in the deciding game, and/or he doesn't want to play through any part of a rebuilding process

because his body is nowhere near the point where it's noticeably breaking down (the only other reason why he'd be retiring at age 32), a function of all the rest he's been able to get on that team as evidenced by the fact that he's that far behind lebron in minutes played in spite of playing a full 3 more professional basketball seasons

PS: spurs in 7. maybe 6 if they're lucky and miami's goddamn home-game luck finally runs out

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
The Spurs draw first blood and took Game 1 of the Finals with a sloppy second half.

MIA - 95 | SAS - 110

robersj4

Micheal Jordan would of played through those cramps Lebron had. Just saying.

Agreed. That was ridiculous. Leg cramps hurt, but you are supposed to walk around to keep your blood flowing and keep your legs from getting tightened further. Having guys carry him was just so dumb

Navin

MALDREAD
Damn 31-9 final run. Although, I'm slightly irked that those arena conditions weren't fixed. Seems pretty dumb that something like that affects the players and their ability to be on court. Especially in a NBA Finals.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
watch out spurs for game 2, you might also deal with the same karma when heat sweeps pacers

anyway spurs defeat heat 110 to 95 - ugh now what's next

duncan was the man for tonight's game 21 points - 9/10 in fg , parker and ginobili at least were decent too

then leonard and green were the showstopper in the fourth quarter - both of them were scorless in the first 3 qtrs but manage to catch up in the fourth quarter and finally putting the heat to a stop.

good lord i expect a different outcome for game 2 but can I?

heat are actually 4 to 0 in series when losing game 1 ( this is why i said that spurs need to watch out)

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Agreed. That was ridiculous. Leg cramps hurt, but you are supposed to walk around to keep your blood flowing and keep your legs from getting tightened further. Having guys carry him was just so dumb

superstar treatment :D

-Edit-
So far all the comments I've seen are the Heat "fans" are complaining about the A/C issue for the Heat's lost today. -shake my head- .....

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
superstar treatment :D

-Edit-
So far all the comments I've seen are the Heat "fans" are complaining about the A/C issue for the Heat's lost today. -shake my head- .....

Lol, me? A Heat fan? I'm from Michigan bro, I root for the Pistons. I don't think the Heat win this game even with Lebron not cramping but A/C conditions being a factor in a team's superstar starter cramping is an issue, especially if happens during a NBA Finals (not some random regular season game).

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Lol, me? A Heat fan? I'm from Michigan bro, I root for the Pistons. I don't think the Heat win this game even with Lebron not cramping but A/C conditions being a factor in a team's superstar starter cramping is an issue, especially if happens during a NBA Finals (not some random regular season game).

I wasn't talking about you, I was reading stuff from youtube and articles. They're talking about how the Spurs sabotage the A/C to win Game 1 and so on.

Spurs played a pretty efficient game last night and Lebron played the crybaby pretty well. Hopefully they keep it up. Would love to see the Spurs crush the Heat in game 2.

Mye

Someone has to win..
While I could go into great detail of the irony that happened in game one (namely that LeBron couldn't "handle the san antonio heat"), I'd rather turn attention to the fact that this is literally the hundreth time since the big 3 came together that a controversy has arisen/is being used to cover up their problems. Yes, the AC went out in a stadium in Texas and yes, the heat's best player became useless for the fourth quarter because of it but can you really blame that for the loss? Dwayne Wade carried the heat pre-lebron, Bosh carried the raptors pre-trade, and both are playing for a team that is (latitude-wise) in the same general area as texas. Miami is only going to dig themselves a giant egotistical hole if they keep using excuses for their mistakes, and should the heat lose I'll be shocked not to see a Ravens/49ers superbowl comparison come up.