• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I couldn't finish watching the video because of terrible internet, what exactly was so gruesome about his injury?

PGs leg looks similar to how that college player, can't remember his.name, injured his leg.

Cancer0081

Team Aqua member
Kevin Durant has decided to back out of being part of Team USA this year. largely the reason was to recover from some physical and mental fatigue.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
What does everyone think of the new Look Timberwoles?

They have a lot of talent behind them, and two players with possible superstar potential (LaVine and Wiggins). They're 3 or 4 years away from title contention, but I believe they could be a great dynasty down the line. Dieng & Rubio are promising young players as well, and with Thaddeus Young at Power Forward, this team will look very good in a few years. And since two impact players, LaVine and Wiggins, are on rookie deals, they could get a run at some good free agents in 2015 or '16.

John Madden

resident policy guy
From one half of one preseason game: the Cavs are gonna be disgustingly good once they mesh completely.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The NBA basketball season is 3 games in already. Time to get this thread active again lol. What do you guys think so far? I'm also hyped for College Basketball. Michigan plays their opener against Hillsdale on November 15th.

Cancer0081

Team Aqua member
the Thunder who had only 8 healthy players beat the Nuggets from the 1st period to the final buzzer. and that's great. they kept their first two games close and just came up a little bit short. but the Thunder managed to win their home opener which is fantastic. it's gonna be like mid December before they really get all their pieces back in working order, but beating the Nuggets is good for the team's confidence and shows that they CAN win against a good team.

ebevan91

My Grizzlies are 3-0 right now, but they really need to work on that bench scoring. Gasol, Randolph, and Conley pretty much do all of the work.

Kumiho

Blasian
The Orlando Magic are 0-3 at the moment, but we've been looking really promising. We've been playing tough in all three games and I see us getting a W very soon.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Lakers haven't won any game this season, but when their season starts 0 to 3 - they tend to be a team that might pull another miracle just like in the past

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Did anyone else realise how much better Klay Thompson has been? He's really improved over the offseason, and he's no longer just catch-and-shoot. I'm loving his defense as well as his improved game overall, he look great. Both him and Curry seem to have become better because of the FIBA World Cup, and GSW looks like a true contender this year.

OKC... Gods, it's been such a horrible season already. Durant's injury already hurt them; Westbrook's, Jones', McGary's and Lamb's destroy any chance of winning the West. Jones was filling in wonderfully for Durant (considering his previous play), but OKC is having cursed luck. I blame Lil B.

Steve Nash is done too, out for the season because of back problems. Sad to see such a legend go out in such a situation.

Chicago is winning the East this year, over the Cavs for sure. Their depth is great, and Taj Gibson looks like even more of a monster this year. 6th Man of the Year for sure.

Kumiho

Blasian
The Magic got their first win last night! Tobias Harris with the buzzer beater. Time to go on a winning streak, boys.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Rockets remain unbeatable with a headstart of a record 5 to 0, trying to aim for their old 6 to 0 back in 1996 -97 season

they did defeated the heat 108 to 91, however their next match is another challenge as they will play against the defending champ Spurs on their home floor

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan won their first basketball game against Hillsdale on Saturday! I wish I could have went to the game, but I had to work. It was nice to see more banners getting raised in Crisler Center! Go Blue!

ebevan91

Tonight was a good night for me because the Houston Rockets got #rekt by my Memphis Grizzlies.