• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
So... Derrick Rose might have torn his ACL in his OTHER knee last night. :(

Damn, talk about unlucky. I hope this isn't Brandon Roy all over again...

Haven't been paying much attention to this season unfortunately but can someone explain how the Blazers have a 9-game winning streak?

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
The Spurs are hungry to get back to the finals after the major lost last season. 12-1, what a way to start the season strong. It's sad to see that the Spurs doesn't get enough attention they deserve and people are jumping on the Indiana Pacers bandwagon.

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill
San Antonio native and big time Spurs fan here! I'm glad the Spurs are off to a hot start, but they've also been playing garbage teams for the most part, haven't shot from three all that well, and Duncan has really struggled to find his shot so far. Still very early in the season, of course, so there's still time for that to improve. They play the Thunder, Rockets, and Pacers soon, so those games should serve as a good litmus test for how good they really are. Some other teams (like the Hawks and Wolves) in that same timeframe may be surprisingly difficult matchups, too.

Also really sad to see D Rose go down like that. I can't imagine what's going through his head after still adjusting from the last injury. A torn meniscus has basically two options; either take out the torn ligament and come back sooner (2-4mo), but risk shortening your career and significantly altering your play style - or - have the torn ligament reattached, with longer recovery time (4-6mo). It wouldn't be unreasonable to see him miss the entire regular season again. What a shame for Chicago fans, the team, and poor D Rose. Once the Bulls have a clearer picture of how long he'll be out, they'll have to decide whether to blow up their core and tank for this loaded draft, or grit to a playoff berth (shouldn't be hard given the East's terrible records so far) and hope for Rose to return before the first round. Crazy how one injury shakes up an entire conference, even the whole NBA at that.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I feel bad for Derek Rose. He just came back from a major injury this season.....and now he suffered another one. All you can do is pray for him. I'll always be a fan of his no matter what. Get well Derek, were praying for a successful recovery! I believe in him, and that he will get past this road block.

ebevan91

Time to see what the Grizzlies can do without Marc Gasol tonight (vs. a decent Rockets team too).

ysmr97

I feel for not just D Rose, but the city if Chicago as a whole. You saw what they were like during his ACL injury and comeback. And now THIS. Dang... Bulls are in a tough place rn.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Hopefully D.Rose won't turn out like Grant Hill.

Puma Italia

It's a real shame that Rose got hurt again, it would be terrible if this became a recurring injury and he is never able to become the player he was again.

also what is wrong with the Knicks? This is just embarrassing. At least the Nets are just as bad lol.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
It's a real shame that Rose got hurt again, it would be terrible if this became a recurring injury and he is never able to become the player he was again.

also what is wrong with the Knicks? This is just embarrassing. At least the Nets are just as bad lol.

The whole division is terrible. The Celtics are honestly the streakiest team I've ever followed. (Lose 4, Win 4, Lose 6, Win 2+)

I was hoping for a bad season but with pretty much the entire East sucking besides Miami and Indiana, I don't know what's gonna happen.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
The whole division is terrible. The Celtics are honestly the streakiest team I've ever followed. (Lose 4, Win 4, Lose 6, Win 2+)

I was hoping for a bad season but with pretty much the entire East sucking besides Miami and Indiana, I don't know what's gonna happen.

The Eastern Conference team usually suck in recent years and they're boring to watch during the playoffs.

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill
Eastern Conference = tank-a-palooza

I'm used to seeing the EC underperform, but hot damn, the start of this season has been especially bad. JABARI PARKER 2014

Puma Italia

I don't think the Knicks are done... yet.

Until someone runs away with this division, the Knicks have just as much of a chance as the Nets. If you say the Knicks are done, then you have to say the Nets are done too. The Knicks could really use Kidd's leadership right about now.

ebevan91

I don't think Jason Kidd's job is going to last all season. He'll get fired or step down before season's end.

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill

Puma Italia

I don't think Jason Kidd's job is going to last all season. He'll get fired or step down before season's end.

It's such a weird situation. I can't see him being fired, but they are built to win this year and if this continues they may not have any choice but to fire him. Even the "experts" had to see this coming with the Nets. They are old, they were bound to get hurt and look what happened.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Oh yeah Tim Duncan, the Mr. Fundamental, was beasting and feasting tonight. 23 points, 21 rebounds and no personal foul.

ysmr97

KNICKS. TAPE.

What an amazing game. Snap the win streak, show our 'rivals,' and solidify ourselves as THE New York team. Shumpert proved more than worth keeping, and I'm actually impressed with the garbage time players. Hope to see them improve and work into the lineup.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Meanwhile, I've been very happy with how the Pistons have been playing lately, especially Andre Drummond. Watching them beat the Heat IN MIAMI a couple days ago was awesome.

They're still not going to catch the Pacers in that division, but I'm pleased that they're doing well. :)