• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I just shake my head when Deandre Jordan took to twitter to apologize to Mark Cuban.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I just shake my head when Deandre Jordan took to twitter to apologize to Mark Cuban.

I just shake my head at the commentator from ESPN trying to defend his change of heart.. I mean, she literally just said: This is the same like seeing a man cry. As if a man shouldn't cry, I applaud a man for that! I applaud Deandre Jordan for changing his mind and following his heart!" Seriously.. This is business, there would've been no problem if he changed his mind before shaking Cuban's hand.

In the Netherlands, if you have a verbal agreement, you can get yourself sued if you back out. I.e. my girlfriend was threatened with a civil lawsuit, because she attempted to back-out of a sale of her closet when we were moving. After she agreed to a buyer on a price/pick-up time, a second buyer came and outbid the first buyer by a large margin. You simply can't back out anymore at that point without having to deal with either a civil lawsuit or a counter. The first buyer agreed that we could back out, but that we still had to pay him for the expenses he already made for hiring the truck needed to transport the closet. Which would've meant that the large margin would've become a deficit, really. In my eyes, the same should apply to the deal Marc Cuban struck with Jordan.

The US is the nation that leads in civil lawsuits, so I don't see why Mark Cuban just says: "This is business, this is the real world".. Come on, sue Jordan like you would any other business partner that backs out of a deal after agreeing. I don't think the Clippers are to blame for this, but if they outbid Cuban, after Deandre had met an agreement, than I could see some form of compensation coming out of a lawsuit, such as receiving a draft pick.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I just shake my head at the commentator from ESPN trying to defend his change of heart.. I mean, she literally just said: This is the same like seeing a man cry. As if a man shouldn't cry, I applaud a man for that! I applaud Deandre Jordan for changing his mind and following his heart!" Seriously.. This is business, there would've been no problem if he changed his mind before shaking Cuban's hand.

In the Netherlands, if you have a verbal agreement, you can get yourself sued if you back out. I.e. my girlfriend was threatened with a civil lawsuit, because she attempted to back-out of a sale of her closet when we were moving. After she agreed to a buyer on a price/pick-up time, a second buyer came and outbid the first buyer by a large margin. You simply can't back out anymore at that point without having to deal with either a civil lawsuit or a counter. The first buyer agreed that we could back out, but that we still had to pay him for the expenses he already made for hiring the truck needed to transport the closet. Which would've meant that the large margin would've become a deficit, really. In my eyes, the same should apply to the deal Marc Cuban struck with Jordan.

The US is the nation that leads in civil lawsuits, so I don't see why Mark Cuban just says: "This is business, this is the real world".. Come on, sue Jordan like you would any other business partner that backs out of a deal after agreeing. I don't think the Clippers are to blame for this, but if they outbid Cuban, after Deandre had met an agreement, than I could see some form of compensation coming out of a lawsuit, such as receiving a draft pick.
I can't take ESPN comments seriously, they're pretty delusional at times and bias as hell--- trying to hard to "Inside the NBA" crew on TNT. Spot on my friend, DeAndre Jordan had an verbal agreement with Mark Cuban--- then again it wasn't official until he sign the contract on or after July 9th (free agent NBA rule, forgot what was it called). Supposedly, Jordan having a phone conversation with Doc Rivers saying he was having doubts joining the Mavs, so maybe that could of changed his mind? Anyways, DeAndre Jordan could of man up to Mark Cuban and reject his offer in person or by phone.

Last edited: