• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
It's official, the Hornets are coming back to Charlotte.

Prelude

Prelude
Thumbs up, I guess with your wonderful logic every analyst must be "deluding" themselves when they say the rookie of the year race is wide open then. And you really must be kidding yourself if you don't see how solid THJ has been for the Knicks with the minutes he has gotten.
if youre going to refer to every analyst then you better start citing.

there are candidates who are doing much better than hardaway right now. not hard to figure out why he won't win roy. or should i just point you to mcw's page?

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
if youre going to refer to every analyst then you better start citing.

there are candidates who are doing much better than hardaway right now. not hard to figure out why he won't win roy. or should i just point you to mcw's page?

I even said that as of now, MCW is in first place in the race -.- But MCW and Oladipo have come back to earth and the race is by no means over.

And exactly who would you say is doing better than Hardaway given what he's done with his minutes? And I'll repeat myself saying at the moment, I see the race as: 1. MCW 2. Burke 3. Oladipo 4. Hardaway.

Prelude

Prelude
you're arguing that hardaway has a chance of winning roy. i'm only saying he won't because he's not the best rookie. i don't know what's so hard to understand

"given what he's done with his minutes" what does that even mean

Navin

MALDREAD
you're arguing that hardaway has a chance of winning roy. i'm only saying he won't because he's not the best rookie. i don't know what's so hard to understand

"given what he's done with his minutes" what does that even mean

And you said there's plenty of "candidates who are doing much better than hardaway" but you only seem to mention MCW.

'I don't know what's so hard to understand' when I say "given what he's done with his minutes." Have you seen THJ play? He's not a starter, and he doesn't play starter minutes...the only thing that can hold him from roy is the fact that he doesn't get enough minutes to shine.

And as for Burke, the Jazz are 1-11 without him, and 7-11 with him.

ysmr97

I agree THJ is in the mix. Even though I am a Knick fan, and have a bias, I will admit he's not #1, or 2 for that matter. You arguing he's not ROY material is kinda closeminded. Who does he have to compete against, besides Oladipo and MCW, and maybe Burke. He's our best SG, and he can nail 3s. He's a freakish athlete. He's definitely in the conversation, at the least

Puma Italia

I agree THJ is in the mix. Even though I am a Knick fan, and have a bias, I will admit he's not #1, or 2 for that matter. You arguing he's not ROY material is kinda closeminded. Who does he have to compete against, besides Oladipo and MCW, and maybe Burke. He's our best SG, and he can nail 3s. He's a freakish athlete. He's definitely in the conversation, at the least

I'm also probably biased towards THJ as a Knicks fan, but he can shoot for sure. He's getting better defensively, and I think Woodson should feature him more in the offense instead of relying on JR Smith all the time. but the Knicks have more than one problem right now.

As for ROY, I haven't seen much of any of the other rookies to comment on it.

ysmr97

I am so happy right now. The Knicks waived, without argument, the worst player in the league, and signed Jeremy Tyler. Averaging 18 PPG and 11 RPG with their NBADL affiliate, Erie, I can't wait to see him actually provide some size behind Tyson, and help with the boards.

ysmr97

no. never.

i'm curious to see how rajon rondo does in the nbadl though

It's nothing but an option, with no more basis than idea floating around. If he was D-Leagued, he'd kick a**.

Love the Knicks farfetched dream of him forcing his way out to come to reality, however slim the chance.

Prelude

Prelude
if the celtics want to tank then i wouldn't be surprised if he gets knocked down. i guess i should've said if he goes down. i hope the celtics keep trying to develop some chemistry because their core looks good for the next few years

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
It's nothing but an option, with no more basis than idea floating around. If he was D-Leagued, he'd kick a**.

Love the Knicks farfetched dream of him forcing his way out to come to reality, however slim the chance.

Even if the Celtics end up trading Rondo, the Knicks dont have anything to trade. It's gonna take a king's ransom to pry him away from Ainge.

ysmr97

Even if the Celtics end up trading Rondo, the Knicks dont have anything to trade. It's gonna take a king's ransom to pry him away from Ainge.

The Celtic's have expressed interest in Amar'e Stoudemire. But that was probably to try and dump Kris Humphries and Gerald Wallace's contracts

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
The Celtic's have expressed interest in Amar'e Stoudemire. But that was probably to try and dump Kris Humphries and Gerald Wallace's contracts

It was, mainly Wallace's contract as its longer than stoudemires, and they want bad contracts off the books asap.

Rondo will be in the D League a bit to get up to speed before returning. I cant imagine what theyll get after the haul of picks they got for KG and Pierce

X-Caliber

Why is someone comparing Hardaway Jr. to MCW he is single handedly helping the Sixers win games this year and are 1-9 without him. Coming from a Sixers fan he controls the game better than a lot of point guards in the league. He's also on pace to set a record for steals.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yikes, that injury to Chris Paul looked nasty. D: My condolences.