• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

ebevan91

What I hate about the Heat is that the other good teams in the conference will beat up on them all season long (like the Bulls, Celtics, and Pacers over the past few years), but then when playoffs come, the Heat always beat them.

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill
What I hate about the Heat is that the other good teams in the conference will beat up on them all season long (like the Bulls, Celtics, and Pacers over the past few years), but then when playoffs come, the Heat always beat them.

That's the scary thing about the Heat. Their offense has become so polished that they can cruise through the regular season (especially in the Leastern Conference where they can sponge easy wins), then switch gears almost instantly in the postseason. They remind me of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers of a decade ago in that regard.

I hope the Spurs can take on some real competition tonight and get out with a win against the Pacers. The Spurs may be sitting on a nice record, but they've had a light schedule, and subsequently sh!t the bed each time they've faced a worthy opponent so far (Blazers, Thunder, Rockets).

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
KNICKS. TAPE.

What an amazing game. Snap the win streak, show our 'rivals,' and solidify ourselves as THE New York team. Shumpert proved more than worth keeping, and I'm actually impressed with the garbage time players. Hope to see them improve and work into the lineup.

"The" New York team is 5-13. They should be doing alot better in this pitiful division. No teams over .500

Prelude

Prelude
nba needs to do away with divisions and conferences. just let the best teams play against each other in the playoffs

ebevan91

Did anyone watch the Kansas-Florida game last night? I know this is titled "NBA Thread" but I don't see why we couldn't use this to discuss NCAA basketball as well. I thought Wiggins played great near the end of the game. He kept hitting 3s to try and get Kansas in position to win, but they fell just a little short.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Well, it's official. The Sacramento Kings have officially supported "gay marriage" by trading for the horrible toronto punchline known as rudy gay. While the trade does shed toronto of a 16mil cap hit, it essentially leaves them with no star power to speak of (which essentially puts them out of playoff contention territory, and into "we're going to do what literally every crappy team has done over the years and push for a #1 draft pick in the hopes of making our team better and not using it as an excuse to push all the reasons for our team's failures onto this guy" territory). In the longrun though, this move does signal that Masai is going for a full rebuild, which isn't an entirely horrible idea. Hell, now that I think about it he did get rid of Andrea Bargnani to the nets (look at how they're doing, el-oh-el). Masai Ujiri, I consider us even.

Puma Italia

The Knicks are hard to watch right now. I knew they'd struggle without Chandler, but I don't think anyone saw THIS coming..

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
So the Pacers came back to beat the Heat.

I'd be willing to put my money on the Pacers winning it all, even if it IS a bit early.

ebevan91

So the Pacers came back to beat the Heat.

I'd be willing to put my money on the Pacers winning it all, even if it IS a bit early.

Like I posted above:

Mye

Someone has to win..
Well, Kobe's out another 6 weeks with a broken fibia. Don't get me wrong, the lakers were stat-wise better when he was gone (they went 1-4 with him in the lineup), but it's still pretty saddening when athletes careers die off like this (for anyone who saw the alouettes in the cfl this year, you know what I'm talking about). Kobe was one of the greatest athletes of our generation, and basically turned the lakers into the Detroit Red Wings of the NBA with their consistent playoff appearances and even more consistent scoring. Yes, he was a bit of a ball-hog, but many great superstars of our generation tend to be considered that (the Steven Stamkos', Alex Ovechkins', and the Jaromir Jagrs'). If Kobe has to retire because of this, he'll be doing so in a dark age of basketball, one in which Canadian draft picks are going higher than american ones, 9 of the teams are purposely losing for a chance at a single draft pick, and the goddamn clippers are the "best team in los angeles" right now. May the basketball gods shine down and hopefully give us one more entertaining lakers season.

Prelude

Prelude
he'll be doing it in a dark age of lakers basketball. the rest of the west are doing fine and the east always sucks.

BlazingCold

I'm really proud of my Lakers now. They really know how to stand their ground, without Kobe. They have one point guard on their roster that they signed yesterday, and without a floor general they still beat a good team. I dunno, but I think Kobe should leave the SG duties to Jodie Meeks this season and he should rest up for the next season.

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill
I'm really proud of my Lakers now. They really know how to stand their ground, without Kobe. They have one point guard on their roster that they signed yesterday, and without a floor general they still beat a good team. I dunno, but I think Kobe should leave the SG duties to Jodie Meeks this season and he should rest up for the next season.

The Lakers just spent $48 million on Kobe over the next two years. If I'm on the Lakers management team, I'd at least want to see him make a playoff push after the All-Star break. They aren't just going to let him make $20mil+ this season sitting on the bench, and I doubt he'd want to anyhow.

Navin

MALDREAD
I'm glad to see Tim Hardaway Jr is doing well in the pros. People here at Michigan thought he was unready and wanted him to come back, but he's proving doubters wrong. Thankfully Woodson is starting to see that he's the best shooting guard on that team and is giving him more minutes. He might be potential Rookie POY if he plays more and continues to impress.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
I'm glad to see Tim Hardaway Jr is doing well in the pros. People here at Michigan thought he was unready and wanted him to come back, but he's proving doubters wrong. Thankfully Woodson is starting to see that he's the best shooting guard on that team and is giving him more minutes. He might be potential Rookie POY if he plays more and continues to impress.

Its definitely a possibility as the year progresses but maybe ypur Michigan bias is clouding your thoughts as Oladipo and MCW are having solid seasons, much better than Hardaway at this point.

Navin

MALDREAD
Its definitely a possibility as the year progresses but maybe ypur Michigan bias is clouding your thoughts as Oladipo and MCW are having solid seasons, much better than Hardaway at this point.

I may have Michigan bias, but you can't even deny that both Tim Hardaway Jr and Trey Burke are easily in the rookie of the year category. Both Oladipo and MCW have fallen back to earth (not to mention Burke completely outplayed Oladipo for a career game when the Jazz beat the Magic). In fact, I would say that MCW is in first, followed by Burke, then Oladipo, and then Hardaway.

In fact, in the recent NBA rookie ladder, Oladipo and MCW are one and two, followed by Burke and Hardaway. And Oladipo and MCW will both fall if Burke continues playing well and Hardaway gets starter minutes for the rest of the season.

Prelude

Prelude
even if hardaway gets starter minutes he won't be producing or impacting as much as 1 and 2. don't delude yourself

Navin

MALDREAD
even if hardaway gets starter minutes he won't be producing or impacting as much as 1 and 2. don't delude yourself

Thumbs up, I guess with your wonderful logic every analyst must be "deluding" themselves when they say the rookie of the year race is wide open then. And you really must be kidding yourself if you don't see how solid THJ has been for the Knicks with the minutes he has gotten.