• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

Mye

Someone has to win..
the NBA regular season is almost over

I think it is a gross injustice how Memphis or Phoenix despite finishing over 10 games over .500 will miss the playoffs while losing record Atlanta gets in.

I will post what the playoffs would be under a "16 best teams regardless of conference system" on Thursday. Sooner or later the NBA has to admit their playoff system is flawed. I'd rather have one conference send more teams to the postseason than the other than to let something like what I described above happen.

Yeah, I can top that with one word: Milwaukee. To put it in perspective of how horrible they are, here are a few facts:

-as of right now, the Bucks have less than a quarter of the wins as first place Spurs (15 compared to 62)
-the 47 win difference between last and first is a current NBA record, beating out the old record by ten (TEN!)
-chances are some kid named Wiggins is going to very angry next year

ebevan91

the NBA regular season is almost over

I think it is a gross injustice how Memphis or Phoenix despite finishing over 10 games over .500 will miss the playoffs while losing record Atlanta gets in.

I will post what the playoffs would be under a "16 best teams regardless of conference system" on Thursday. Sooner or later the NBA has to admit their playoff system is flawed. I'd rather have one conference send more teams to the postseason than the other than to let something like what I described above happen.

As a Memphis fan (I was born there and live near there), I am definitely pissed that we might not even make the playoffs while there are SIX TEAMS IN THE EAST IN THE PLAYOFFS WITH WORSE RECORDS THAN THE 8TH AND 9TH TEAMS IN THE WEST.

The East is such trash.

At least if Memphis loses tonight, they can still beat Dallas and make it into the playoffs. But if they win tonight, they're automatically in.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
so under my proposed system, one playoff berth would still be up for grabs - it would go to either Charlotte or Minnesota, while Atlanta would miss out due to finishing out of the top 16

In the event both teams tie for 16th place, Minnesota would get in based on having a better record in interconference games than Charlotte

Mye

Someone has to win..
so under my proposed system, one playoff berth would still be up for grabs - it would go to either Charlotte or Minnesota, while Atlanta would miss out due to finishing out of the top 16

In the event both teams tie for 16th place, Minnesota would get in based on having a better record in interconference games than Charlotte

See, I'd much rather have a complete re-allignment of the divisions entirely and have them change each season (with one conference having all the odd-numbered placed teams, and the other having all the even-numbered placed). Yes, it may cause horrible flight schedules, but it would also make things about as balanced as possible. That, and it'd be nice to see how Miami fares against legitimately good teams rather than the crappy ones they face 80% of the year. Texas Rangers/Houston Astros reference in 3, 2, 1...

ebevan91

UGHHHH

I was so tired after work last night that I fell asleep and missed most of the Memphis-Phoenix game. I woke up only to find out we made the playoffs!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The NBA regular season is almost over

Completely agree.

#1: Spurs
#2: Thunder
#3: Clippers
#4: Pacers - East
#5: Rockets
#6: Heat - East
#7: Trail Blazers
#8: Warriors
#9: Mav's
#10: Grizzlies
#11: Raptors - East
#12: Bulls - East
#13: Suns
#14: Nets - East
#15: Wizards - East
#16: Bobcats - East

- Sad #17: Timberwolves
- Most underserving team to actually get to the Playoffs in the true ranking #18: Hawks

Leading to the following match-ups:
- Spurs vs. Bobcats
- Thunder vs. Wizards
- Clippers vs. Nets
- Pacers vs. Suns
- Rockets vs. Bulls
- Heat vs. Raptors
- TB's vs. Grizzlies
- Warriors vs. Mav's

As a Mavericks-fan, I have had far too many bad memories with the Warrios and Mav's in the play offs.. Damn that 2007 season..

UGHHHH

I was so tired after work last night that I fell asleep and missed most of the Memphis-Phoenix game. I woke up only to find out we made the playoffs!

I thought the game would at least go into overtime.. Kind of disappointed in a game in which both teams could've had more of a say in the matter.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well if my proposed playoff format was in place, here's what would be the first round match-ups:

(1) San Antonio VS. (16) Charlotte
(2) Oklahoma City VS. (15) Brooklyn
(3) LA Clippers VS. (14) Washington
(4) Indiana VS. (13) Phoenix
(5) Miami VS. (12) Chicago
(6) Houston VS. (11) Toronto
(7) Portland VS. (10) Dallas
(8) Golden State VS. (9) Memphis

I'm not a big basketball person, but i figured i might as well try my hand at predicting the playoffs by each round and see how i fare.

Round I - Eastern Conference
Pacers over Hawks
Heat over Bobcats
Raptors over Nets
Bulls over Wizards

Favorite: Pacers Runner Up: Heat Dark Horse: Bulls

Round I - Western Conference
Spurs over Mavericks
Thunder over Grizzlies
Clippers over Warriors
Rockets over Trailblazers

Favorite: Thunder Runner Up: Spurs Dark Horse: Probably the winner of the Rockets/Blazers game.

Most interesting first round matchups by conference: East: Raptors/Nets West: Rockets/Blazers

ebevan91

Home teams are 0-3 so far today.

Hopefully 0-4 by the end of the day.

Well, it's looking like they'll be 0-3 unless the Pacers can come back 10 points in 20 seconds.

Last edited:

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Anyone catch the Bad Boys 30 for 30? It enjoyed it. I guess it is for the better of the game itself that they crack down harder on the unnecessary physicality but damn it must've been exciting watching them play and I'd love to see some games played now a days the way they did.

Well...so far it looks like my previous statement of, "I'm not a big basketball person" is looking pretty accurate. 3 of my 4 picks lost today. Luckily this isn't a one and done deal like Football.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Pacers looked like crap tonight. Jeff Teague played one heck of a game for Atlanta. I really hope the Heat don't win the east again, but they probably will unfortunately.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Ouch, The Clipper's just blown out Golden State today. This ain't 2K14 baby :O

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Ouch, The Clipper's just blown out Golden State today. This ain't 2K14 baby :O

It was a hot mess.. But I've got nothing but mad appreciation for the Clippers. Thank god that at least one LA-team is doing something right.. o.0

Personally, I'm still hoping for a western upset. I can't see anybody else but Miami bring the East home, because the Pacers are really off their game. So if I could pick anything, then I hope that Portland does well (former Oregonian), while Memphis and Dallas should upset San Antonio/Oklahoma.. At least bring it to game six or something..

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
It was a hot mess.. But I've got nothing but mad appreciation for the Clippers. Thank god that at least one LA-team is doing something right.. o.0

Personally, I'm still hoping for a western upset. I can't see anybody else but Miami bring the East home, because the Pacers are really off their game. So if I could pick anything, then I hope that Portland does well (former Oregonian), while Memphis and Dallas should upset San Antonio/Oklahoma.. At least bring it to game six or something..

I don't really see Dallas beating San Antonio, and personally I don't think Dallas deserve to be in the playoffs. I rather have Phoenix over Dallas.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, pops won coach of the year after basically doing to the spurs what the price is right does daily: taking a bunch of old people and making them entertaining. Considering the fact that not one person on their team averaged 20+ points a game and had more than 20 mins a game, it's arguable that the spurs were the most balanced/"depthiest" team in the league.

PoKe_aRcHeR2010

Shady 2.0
Mavs have what it takes to upset the Spurs, they had the first gamr in their hands but they just didnt close out well, they won tonight tho and by 20 points. I really wish they would knock out the Spurs. I've always rooted for the Mavs cuz I live in Dallas but the Heat is my team, that 2011 finals was somewhat heartbreaking but I was ok to see the championship come to Dallas lol.

As for the Portland-Houston series? DAMN!!! LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE has 2 straight 40 point games, Houston ya'll got a problem lmao

Lillard did really good too, I hope Portland goes far in these playoffs, I would be ok with seeing them reach the Conference Finals, such a fun team to watch, at least for me.

Let's see, predictions...
West:
Mavs>Spurs(it could go either way but I'm rooting for the Mavs)
Blazers>Rockets
Clippers>Warriors(Really close matchup, but the Clippers are the more talented team this year... besides I placed a $90 bet on them beating Golden State so I have to root for them in this round lmao)
Thunder>Grizzlies

East:
Pacers>Hawks(despite their poor play, the Pacers SHOULD win this)
Raptors>Nets(This is a close one, but despite Brooklyn's experience, Toronto's athleticism and young legs should do, but who knows, Brooklyn is just like Boston's squad a few years back, a HUGE threat)
Wizards>Bulls(I actually somehow knew that the Wizards would take those 2 home games from the Bulls so I havent seen any surprises with this matchup, I see it going to 5 games)
Heat>Bobcats

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I know college basketball has been over with but Mitch McGary is going to the NBA.....He's recieved a year long ban from the NCAA for smoking pot. He failed a drug test...If he gets drafted even in the 2nd round he'll be lucky.