• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
pacers survived on a 3 point game beating the heat 93 to 90 ( heat still leads the series 3 to 2)

hmm what can i say, i think this is deja vu, i was having a dream where the pacers would win this game on a 2 or 3 point game

i had guessed myself that it would be 95 heat 97/98 pacers

guess what it really did happen but the scores are wrong

anyway i'm going to give credit to george who had 37 points for his team.

on the heat side james only had 7 points while allen had 15 points

but rashard lewis was a beast who had 18 points - men if he would want to play better, he can so why does he always slack himself whenever a good game is needed

i just don't know what to think of that guy

game 6 is back at miami but i think the series will goes to an end on their home floor

since the pacers won game 5 so i think spurs had a chance to win game 5 as well in order for the playoffs to be something different unless okc wins again on the court of san antonio.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Kinda surprised to see that the Pacers survived Game 5 last night and that close too. Don't think it'll be the same for them tomorrow since the series is heading back to Miami and I don't think Miami is going to have that bad of a performance again in a critical game at home. It's going to be interesting though to see how Indiana is going to perform since winning Game 6 in Miami is going to be big for them since if they win, they would have a better chance to end it out in a Game 7 on their home field. Either way, I wouldn't mind to see the Heat go back to the Finals for the 4th year in a row and quite possibly a 3rd Championship in a row.

On the Western Conference side of things, I think that this series is going to now be Oklahoma City's to lose since Serge Ibaka is back in the series. Going in, I thought it was going to be a Spurs sweep since Ibaka was supposedly out for the rest of the playoffs; After Ibaka's return, I think OKC is going to end it on Saturday in Game 6. Though I'll be interested in seeing how the Spurs are going to be performing in this game tonight since they could swing the momentum back with a win on their home court; However, I still think Oklahoma City is going to win tonight since Ibaka has shown to be the key player to shut down the Spurs in the past before.

For the Finals, I'm picking Thunder vs. Heat and taking the Heat to win the series 4-3. I would say a more farther away a gap; but, I think that it might be close to a game 7 due to Ibaka being back.

Deal has been signed that would give ownership of the Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for $2 billion dollars. I actually feel sorry for the clips. Wish Ballmer would've bought the Lakers instead so he could ruin them like he did Microsoft. Though the current owners are technically doing that now...

As for tonight's game, i'm hoping the Thunder win. Actually think they match up better against the Heat despite how the Heat walloped them in their last NBA finals meeting.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Looks like the Spurs are on a run and the Thunder are tripping a bit on their shoelaces right now.

It's interesting to see that it now looks like they have the bench while Oklahoma City has barely a bench that could play right now. Guess that it looks like San Antonio is going to wrap it up here tonight with a W if they keep it up with the way that they are playing. With that being said, I'm looking how things are going to go down on Saturday in Game 6. I'm hoping to see that we'll know how won the West come Saturday night in Game 6 since that will give the winner of the series a few more days off than how it would be if the series ended on Monday. Either way, Game 6 is going to be interesting to see since I believe that it will show if OKC's Serge was legit or did the Spurs regain it to pull away with the series.

:/ Well, looks like this series is most likely over. Don't understand how some teams just can't play at all on the road, but look phenomenal at home.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
hurrah no repeat of 2012 playoffs

its spurs time to shine beat thunders fair and square 117 to 89 ( sa leads series 3 to 2)

i don't get it why are spurs dominant on their home floor, but they are opposite when on the road ( what is with this team anyway)

i was also curious why spurs started with matt bonner and the reason was to match up with ibaka, and it turned out well despite bonner scoring nil.

spurs now had a slight chance to close the series in oklahoma for game 6

meanwhile the heat also are getting things done maybe in game 6 as well.

spurs vs heat - finals? ( 2013 rematch then the heat dominates the series again...sigh...i just want to sleep..zzzz...)

by the way nba finals is already set on june 5,2014 ( wow this early for nba finals, i guess they really are worried about the due date for each game since it means everything to the association)

Last edited:

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
i don't get it why are spurs dominant on their home floor, but they are opposite when on the road ( what is with this team anyway)

i was also curious why spurs started with matt bonner and the reason was to match up with ibaka, and it turned out well despite bonner scoring nil.

Spurs had the best road record in the league this season, so I think it is more a case of Ibaka and the dynamics of the Thunder court (crowd, better play from role players at home etc. etc.) than any Spurs weakness on the road.

As for Bonner, floor spacing. Make Ibaka rotate out to the arc, further to go for rotations, test that calf out. Also, with both Splitter and Duncan, it is easy for Ibaka to roam as a help defender and get weakside blocks. With 3pt shooters on the floor at the 4 spot though, Ibaka gets dragged away. But yea, Bonner was a bit ineffective, the change was more due to Diaw's extended minutes and his ability both at floor spacing and being an excellent passer.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
It's Game 6 for the Pacers-Heats series tonight. It's win or go home for the Pacers.

-Edit-
Halftime Pacer - 34 | Heats - 60

Sigh, the Pacers probably not gonna stand a chance.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
It's Game 6 for the Pacers-Heats series tonight. It's win or go home for the Pacers.

-Edit-
Halftime Pacer - 34 | Heats - 60

Sigh, the Pacers probably not gonna stand a chance.

you know what judging from this game, i think this is a clear win for the heat seeing the scoring of the players

indiana only had david west and lance stephenson contributing while paul george and george hill are definitely out of game

paul george is 0 of 6 and 0 of 3 in fg, george hill was 1 of 7 and 0 of 3

imagine with 2 scoreless good players how can a team win when there are only 2 who wants to contribute so i think miami definitely will put this game to a stop .

and only 8 teams had escape from a 3 to 1 series ( in 222 total games) so that's exactly not yet half of the percent needed

26 point deficit is also hard to overcome if the team will keep on commiting bad pass and loose ball because those are the most common errors in an nba game.

The Pacers flat out imploded this series. Pretty embarrassing way to go out. I loathe the spurs, but if they get out and beat the thunder I will pull for them to win. The heat must burn out!!

ebevan91

I definitely want the Spurs or Thunder to win it all. I'd prefer the Spurs though.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Well, the Heats are back in the Finals for their 3peat. Why I'm not surprised...

ebevan91

Every NBA finals since 1999 has included the Lakers, Spurs, or Heat.

And only 8 different teams in the last 30 seasons have won an NBA championship. Pistons, Rockets, Heat, Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, Mavericks, and Bulls.

WOW SUCH PARITY

Last edited:

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Rooting for Spurs to win the playoffs, they deserve it by doing so well in the regular season this year. They've worked hard enough to win the championship, but I still think that if they go against Miami, it will be a long, drawn-out series.

Also hoping Leonard guards Lebron :]

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
eastern conference finals is over - heat beats the pacers 117 to 92

miami heat would now return to nba finals going for their 3rd straight title, they also join the lakers and celtics as the only team to do so for going back to consecutive finals .

its now up to san antonio or oklahoma left to find out who will face the heat

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Man, I'm bummed. Really thought the Pacers could've pulled it out at the start of the year, and then they got of to that great start. Oh well, always next year. Spurs-Pacers final would've been fantastic. A real big F U to the league *sigh*

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
wow, a lot of calls favoring OKC right now. -sigh-

ebevan91

Spurs vs. Heat round II.

Hopefully the Spurs win this time.