• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA/NCAAB Thread

Who will win the Larry O'Brian Trophy this year?

• Miami Heat

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Brooklyn Nets (ew)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • L.A. Clippers

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other (Specify in comment)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

Navin

MALDREAD
I cannot believe it has been ten years since then. Time cussin flies.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Tough loss for Michigan tonight against a very good Villanova team. Oh well though it's just one game. This Michigan basketball team will be very good this season. Everyone is doubting them because they're a young team, but last year everyone doubted them as well, because Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway were gone. Michigan ended up winning the Big 10, and they made it to the Elite 8. Derrick Walton and Caris Levert will take this team to great places. Go Blue!

Navin

MALDREAD
Tough loss for Michigan tonight against a very good Villanova team. Oh well though it's just one game. This Michigan basketball team will be very good this season. Everyone is doubting them because they're a young team, but last year everyone doubted them as well, because Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway were gone. Michigan ended up winning the Big 10, and they made it to the Elite 8. Derrick Walton and Caris Levert will take this team to great places. Go Blue!

Michigan got jobbed by the zebras last night. Ugh I really thought we had it there. Whatever Nova is a good team and it is a sign that this young team is growing and getting better.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan got jobbed by the zebras last night. Ugh I really thought we had it there. Whatever Nova is a good team and it is a sign that this young team is growing and getting better.

I didn't watch the game (I was at work, and when I got home I couldn't find the game online. I don't have cable anymore.)

I ended up watching the end of the game on my computer a day later, and yes the zebras played a big part in this loss. It's very disappointing how game officials can decide the outcome of a game, it makes me sick.

EDIT: Michigan plays Nicholls St tomorrow, and then Michigan plays Syracuse December 2nd.

Last edited:

Cancer0081

Team Aqua member
Westbrook returned from a hand injury last night and led the Thunder to a fairly sound beating of the Knicks. 105-78..... maybe it would of been a little closer if Melo had played.

ebevan91

Grizzlies and Spurs are in 3OT right now. It's a good game.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So tell me straight. Now that Rajon Rondo's been traded to Dallas, how much longer will I have to endure the Celtics rebuild?

Vernikova

Champion
So tell me straight. Now that Rajon Rondo's been traded to Dallas, how much longer will I have to endure the Celtics rebuild?

You got train-robbed in that trade so you're probably going to be in that mode for a while. Being in the East should help you a lot, though, and ring will be unrealistic for a long time.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So basically, we should be calling for Danny Ainge's head.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yep. Rondo was their best asset, and could've been the best thing for their team if they wanted to rebuild as he could then mentor their rookies in a way that not many people in the NBA (Lebron) could. Now that he's gone (in what was quite literally a steal, as Jameer Nelson isn't getting any first ballot HOF mentions anytime soon) I am struggling to see what sort of offense they'll actually have, and how exactly they'll get wins in what is arguably the easiest Eastern conference in the past decade.

John Madden

resident policy guy
they've got 9 first rounders in the next 4 years and $24 million in salary coming off the books just this year

i think they'll be alright

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Four years, though!

Volcer

Shur'tugal
Does anyone else want to see Gerald Green play for the Clippers? The Suns' backcourt is way too crowded and since Green is a free agent in the offseason, it would make sense to unload him for some assets. Green could fill the Clippers' need for a defensive wing, and add even more 3-point shooting to the team. Plus who doesn't want to see CP3 lob passes to Griffin, DJ and Green? Lob City Extreme!

Vernikova

Champion
Four years, though!

Most of those first rounders are protected. Your first round pick from Philly will get downgraded to a second round pick in 2015 and 2016 if Philly keeps up this awful pace. The pick fro the Clippers' will def be late in the first round so you'll probably get a player who will be able to start on a bad team.

Your from Dallas pick will fall to 2016. Meanwhile your Brooklyn 2016 pick will probably be good because Brooklyn will probably be bad (though I haven't looked too closely at their situation not that they unloaded Pierce and are trying to get rid of others as well through trades. With how bad the East is, Brooklyn has a legit chance at not being a lottery team even in 2016).

There aren't many notable (good) FA's that you're likely to get. You'll probably be relying on making trades like Boston has done for years now.

John Madden

resident policy guy
their own pick is going to be in the 5-10 range for the next couple years, maybe higher if they get a Cleveland-tier lottery in one of those years

also Brooklyn's going to be mid-lottery tier at best through 2018 (and that's the best thing about those picks: the Nets picks are all unprotected)

Vernikova

Champion
I'm sure Brooklyn will become good. ):

ebevan91

The Knicks are so bad lol. I don't think Carmelo will be there much longer.