• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA Thread

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
The Lakers were a great defensive team in their hayday.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Err...no it hasn't. Every single championship has been won by terrific defense. Theres a reason people say defense wins championships and theres also a reason teams like Phoenix and Golden State have never won the championship

Let's just agree to disagree on this topic, and focus on the game which we all love so much. While you guys are right, they exploited horrible defenses while being offensive in their heyday.

Vernikova

Champion
While you are correct, I didn't mean this season. And no, I don't think they can, the team went downhill a long time ago.

Okay I see your point now. I think they should just stick with what Brown is coaching this year since they'll have an actual pre-season and stuff. You know?

PoKe_aRcHeR2010

Shady 2.0
Yea I know, but I just want to see what he thinks.

Chris Paul is the best Point Guard in the league (my personal opinion) ... In fact I'd rather say Steve Nash is than Rose ...sure the age has caught up to him but he's doing what a point guard is supposed to do which is to make assists ... Rose beats him in athleticism but Steve Nash has hawk vision ... but in the league right now? Chris Paul is the best point guard...

Also... Uhh apparently the lakers are at it again...they're negotiating to try and get Howard...(THIS IS A RUMOR!!!)

Apparently the rade should go down like this

Minnesota gets: Pau Gasol
Orlando gets: Andrew Bynum & Derrick Williams
Lakers get: Howard, Barea & Beasley

I repeat this is a rumor ...I just saw it in a newspaper's website(a puertorrican newspaper) ...they are really looking at this trade cuz Barea is from Puerto Rico and obviously we have all eyes on him and his games xD ... anyways...do you think it's a good trade?

Last edited:

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
So....Minnesota loses the number 2 pick they've only had for half a season, a back up pg and energy man of the bench, and a versatile player in Beasley for Gasol who they have no space for because of Love and Pek. Bad trade for Min imo

*IZ*

So....Minnesota loses the number 2 pick they've only had for half a season, a back up pg and energy man of the bench, and a versatile player in Beasley for Gasol who they have no space for because of Love and Pek. Bad trade for Min imo

He said it was a rumor. -_-

PoKe_aRcHeR2010

Shady 2.0
Yeah youre right it's a rumor but I also wanted.opinions bout it...i dunno maybe min gets something from orlando and prolly a round pick...im still checking around...also Lakers are APPARENTLY trying.to keep Rasheed Wallace from going.into retirement :l .... This is also a rumor I saw from that same newspaper website

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Paul George was robbed imo. All competitors had their moments (see Budinger's reverse blindfold as an example) but its time they really brought some big names back to get the crowd involved, bring some energy etc.

Hitokage2

Yeah, the Orlando crowd was pretty tame. When they introduced the players for the slam dunk competition, the reception was lukewarm at best. It was pretty sad. Maybe if they had Lebron, Kobe, Derrick Rose, or other more popular players, it would have gone well.

I feel sorry for Derrick Williams. He messed up a lot of times on the last round of the slam dunk competition, and it didn't seem to be what he had originally intended.

*IZ*

Yeah, the Orlando crowd was pretty tame. When they introduced the players for the slam dunk competition, the reception was lukewarm at best. It was pretty sad. Maybe if they had Lebron, Kobe, Derrick Rose, or other more popular players, it would have gone well.

I feel sorry for Derrick Williams. He messed up a lot of times on the last round of the slam dunk competition, and it didn't seem to be what he had originally intended.

I would probably pay for paperview if they put the dunk contest on paperview if the contestants would be like Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Dwayne, and Rose/Westbrook.

Vernikova

Champion
After extensive review, the only remotely interesting thing about All-star weekend was Monroe stealing the ball from Wall. That was hilarious and I applaud him for doing something interesting.

PoKe_aRcHeR2010

Shady 2.0
After extensive review, the only remotely interesting thing about All-star weekend was Monroe stealing the ball from Wall. That was hilarious and I applaud him for doing something interesting.

Lol ...I saw that xD ... Nah but the best thing for me was the bad as# Comeback the East made...in vain obviously but still...Lebron was EPIC... I loved how he played Kobe xD

GhostAnime

Searching for her...

*IZ*

Gosh, I miss Slick.

So its funny how the Bulls almost lost, at home, with their full roster, and against the Hornets.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Lol ...I saw that xD ... Nah but the best thing for me was the bad as# Comeback the East made...in vain obviously but still...Lebron was EPIC... I loved how he played Kobe xD

I stopped watching at halftime because I thought the East had no chance at winning.