• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA Thread

PoKe_aRcHeR2010

Shady 2.0
Well..Nash to the Lakers... U mad Knicks? lol that was so unexpected ...but whatever... Lakers still wont get past the second round ... Thunders, Spurs and Clippers would beat em' ... The fact that they have Nash means nothing since they'll be up against 3 of the top 5 point guards in the NBA (Westbrook, Parker and Paul) so yeah... I'm just hoping Miami makes at least one upgrade to their roster... Ray Allen to Miami!? lol hope it comes through...

The Nets are really looking good atm... But they'll make a stupid move and will end up losing a decent bench...

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Whose actually contracted for the nets atm? Didn't they trade 6 players for Johnson? All I can think of on the roster atm is Williams, Johnson, Wallace, Brooks and Lopez.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Whose actually contracted for the nets atm? Didn't they trade 6 players for Johnson? All I can think of on the roster atm is Williams, Johnson, Wallace, Brooks and Lopez.

Kris Humphries and Sheldon Williams I think.

The Suns have signed Goran Dragic back and also signed up Beasley. Also reports of Eric Gordon signing a max deal with the Suns too.

ebevan91

I don't understand Houston's logic at all.

They don't sign Dragic because $30 mil is too expensive, but they make an offer to Lin for $40 mil.

BlazingCold

Well..Nash to the Lakers... U mad Knicks? lol that was so unexpected ...but whatever... Lakers still wont get past the second round ... Thunders, Spurs and Clippers would beat em' ... The fact that they have Nash means nothing since they'll be up against 3 of the top 5 point guards in the NBA (Westbrook, Parker and Paul) so yeah... I'm just hoping Miami makes at least one upgrade to their roster... Ray Allen to Miami!? lol hope it comes through...

The Nets are really looking good atm... But they'll make a stupid move and will end up losing a decent bench...

Are you kidding me? A lineup of Nash, 2x mvp, Kobe, 6x champion, World Peace, defensive POY, Gasol, Sportsmanship Award, and Bynum 2nd best center in the association trumps chalmers, wade, lebron, bosh, and haslem.

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
Im hoping the Knicks resign Lin (deserves no more than 4 million imo) and/or get Felton back. Familiarity with the organization will make him fit right in. JR Smith should be resigned as the starting SG. But at the rate we're going, it's gonna be another bad year :(

Alfon

Big Game
Im hoping the Knicks resign Lin (deserves no more than 4 million imo) and/or get Felton back. Familiarity with the organization will make him fit right in. JR Smith should be resigned as the starting SG. But at the rate we're going, it's gonna be another bad year :(

He signed with the rockets eh?

Too much hype on the nash trade but its definitely a big improvement ramon sessions.
I still think its wont be that easy to dethrone OKC so the heat/lakers talk can be put aside until they can beat OKC in a series.

*IZ*

He's not officially going to tne Rockets. The Knicks can match their offer.
If you think that any other team instead of the Thunder will actually be a challenge for the new-Lakers, I laugh at you.

Alfon

Big Game
He's not officially going to tne Rockets. The Knicks can match their offer.
If you think that any other team instead of the Thunder will actually be a challenge for the new-Lakers, I laugh at you.

Depends if the Blake decides to work on his post moves this off-season then we might have a good clash in Lala land this upcoming season

*IZ*

Depends if the Blake decides to work on his post moves this off-season then we might have a good clash in Lala land this upcoming season

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if he does step it up since he's approving every year but just him and Chris Paul wouldn't be a big match up against the whole Lakers team

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Every team has gotten better in the west this off-season, except the Mavs. Possibly the Grizzlies too. There are going to be a couple of teams out west with a winning record that will miss out on the postseason

ebevan91

I'm really frustrated @ the Grizzlies offseason so far. Yeah you can't force players to sign with a certain team, but damn get something done already. They let OJ Mayo go instead of doing a a sign & trade, so there goes the chance to get anything for him.

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast
Heat fans are such hypocrites back when ray was in the celtics they would say he was to old and that he should retire now that he's in the heat their exited smh..

Alfon

Big Game
Heat fans are such hypocrites back when ray was in the celtics they would say he was to old and that he should retire now that he's in the heat their exited smh..

What you expect bro? They say something nice? He plays for the other team....

And Miami fans got something to be exited about, they just landed the nba's greatest 3-point shooter of all time.

Props to Ray for taking less money tho, 3 mil a year is it? dang thats like brian scalabrine money lol.

Prelude

Prelude
Because he was a centerpiece of Boston's success. You don't rely on old guys for championships. The Heat aren't relying on Allen. They just want him to chip in a few 3s every now and then.

And with the Heat offense, Allen seriously opens up the lanes for LeBron to drive. It'll be very obvious when you see them play next.

Last edited:

Alfon

Big Game
So with Ray Allen does that make them the Fantastic Four instead of the Big 3 lol?

Not quite I think, maybe the Ray Allen from a few years back.

Ray Allen could still put up the 20-30 pts on a hot shooting night so I mean on some nights maybe he could step up in place of the other big 3.

LeBron is gotta be the happiest out of the three because he got a legit knockdown 3 pt shooter to pass to now.