• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA Thread

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast
I think the heat should have signed a big man that's there weak point.The heat have enough shooters chalmers,battier,miller,and jones.

BlazingCold

LeBron is gotta be the happiest out of the three because he got a legit knockdown 3 pt shooter to pass to now.

What? James Jones. Won three point contest. Mario Chalmers. Knock down three in Kansas Championship game vs Memphis. What are you talking about? Also did I mention Shane Battier, who shot 70 percent beyond the arch in the championship series

Alfon

Big Game
What? James Jones. Won three point contest. Mario Chalmers. Knock down three in Kansas Championship game vs Memphis. What are you talking about? Also did I mention Shane Battier, who shot 70 percent beyond the arch in the championship series

Well they're three point shooters but Ray Allen is at rarified air. I mean where would you rank James Jones, Mario Chalmers and Shane Battier as NBA's best current 3pt shooters?

I think the heat should have signed a big man that's there weak point.The heat have enough shooters chalmers,battier,miller,and jones.

Yah a shot blocker would of been nice to add, but that doesn't hurt them too much. Heat should still be the favorites tho in the east.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Why not just have LeBron bring the ball up.

Yeah but I'm talking about the potential starting five for Miami, not who brings up the ball and run plays etc. Maybe Chalmers gets dropped in favour of Allen? Or Ray just comes off the bench? Guess only time will tell.

I also hope Brandon Roy's knees can hold up with the Timberwolves now he's back. I like him and hopefully he can still be productive.

Alfon

Big Game
Yeah but I'm talking about the potential starting five for Miami, not who brings up the ball and run plays etc. Maybe Chalmers gets dropped in favour of Allen? Or Ray just comes off the bench? Guess only time will tell.

I also hope Brandon Roy's knees can hold up with the Timberwolves now he's back. I like him and hopefully he can still be productive.

If asked to Ray can bring the ball up as well. Although he hasn't done in a while now because of Rondo it'd be nice to see how they use him.

I feel the same away about Roy, dude's a hardworker but not many are the same coming back from serious injuries. I'll still take an Roy at 80% over any of the wolves shooting guard.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
All these trades going on makes me interested to keep up with all the rumors that are going around. Though I do have to say that some are true. One of those is that one about Howard going to the Lakers with Bynum going to the Magic. Just have to say that this is just one piece to the puzzle to fixing the Lakers with Nash being the bridge to getting this to happen. But hey, Just seeing what the Lakers can be makes them somewhat back into being what they used to be in the early 2000's.

Speaking of Nash, I wonder what his Jersey number will now be since that the Lakers already retired the number 13. Though the Denver Broncos in the NFL un-retiring the number 18 for Manning makes it still up in the air tot Nash's Laker Jersey number.

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast

Brandon Roy's gonna be another tracey mcgrady a shell of his old self.

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
All these trades going on makes me interested to keep up with all the rumors that are going around. Though I do have to say that some are true. One of those is that one about Howard going to the Lakers with Bynum going to the Magic. Just have to say that this is just one piece to the puzzle to fixing the Lakers with Nash being the bridge to getting this to happen. But hey, Just seeing what the Lakers can be makes them somewhat back into being what they used to be in the early 2000's.

One difference is that Kobe is 10 years older than he was with Shaq, and past his prime. Also Nash will only be around for a couple years. If they can't get Howard, they will only be relevant for a couple years. If they can, then they are set for a long time.

Alfon

Big Game
I believe Bynum will serve as the go-to guy for many years if he can get over that attitude problem of his. He certainly has all the talent needed to be a superstar and he can shoot free throws efficiently unlike Howard.

And I agree with Barbarooza, The 2000s Lakers Dynasty had 2 top 20 players of all time in Shaq and Kobe. This current Lakers team is no where near that but west conference has weakened this past few years so pretty much you only have to get past 2-3 legit teams to get to the finals.

Prelude

Prelude
I just went through Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell's wiki articles. Really wish I were alive during that time. I have no idea how today's rivalries even compare.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I believe Bynum will serve as the go-to guy for many years if he can get over that attitude problem of his. He certainly has all the talent needed to be a superstar and he can shoot free throws efficiently unlike Howard.

And I agree with Barbarooza, The 2000s Lakers Dynasty had 2 top 20 players of all time in Shaq and Kobe. This current Lakers team is no where near that but west conference has weakened this past few years so pretty much you only have to get past 2-3 legit teams to get to the finals.

The West is still pretty tough and the Lakers still need to upgrade their bench if they want to go deep in the playoffs, it basically stinks right now.

The Knicks got Camby and resigned Novak and J.R. Smith. I like what they did and now got a solid big man as well as the three point threats back. Looking forward to see how they fair next season and seeing what they could do if they make the playoffs.

Alfon

Big Game
I see three legit teams from the west and in this order in terms of strength. OKC, Lakers and the clips. San Antonio is only getting older so that hinders their effectiveness overall.

I agree bench help is desperately needed in LA(lakers). Though I don't see Camby beating out Tyson for the starting spot but he'll be a solid backup big man tho.

Last edited:

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I see three legit teams from the west and in this order in terms of strength. OKC, The clips and Lakers. San Antonio is only getting older so that hinders their effectiveness overall.

I agree bench help is desperately needed in LA(lakers). Though I don't see Camby beating out Tyson for the starting spot but he'll be a solid backup big man tho.

The West definitely got worse now that the Mavs are almost irrelevant now after the players they lost (no Deron Williams, Kidd and Terry), still count the Spurs in for a season or two because of the play of Parker, Ginobili and the role players.

Camby would most likely come off the bench for Chandler which is fine by him I'm sure and I'm waiting to see if the Knicks are going to hang on to Lin and Fields.

Alfon

Big Game
The West definitely got worse now that the Mavs are almost irrelevant now after the players they lost (no Deron Williams, Kidd and Terry), still count the Spurs in for a season or two because of the play of Parker, Ginobili and the role players.

Camby would most likely come off the bench for Chandler which is fine by him I'm sure and I'm waiting to see if the Knicks are going to hang on to Lin and Fields.

You think they're any better than last year tho, I mean OKC is young and improving so if they couldn't beat OKC last year it'll be harder this time around I would hope.

I think they could do without fields but Lin would be a nice sixth man and he could learn from Jason along the way.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
You think they're any better than last year tho, I mean OKC is young and improving so if they couldn't beat OKC last year it'll be harder this time around I would hope.

I think they could do without fields but Lin would be a nice sixth man and he could learn from Jason along the way.

Maybe the Spurs can win if they make a trade or two and get younger or just hope that the Lakers or someone else upsets OKC then beat them on the way to the Finals or something.

Field is decent although not as good as his rookie season and don't forgot about good ol' Baron teaching Lin a thing or two!

Alfon

Big Game
It'd be tough to get some nice talents with what the spurs have, they pretty much have old dudes haha. If a team can think of a way in R.C. Buford I trust.

Forgot about Baron xD well he'll get a lot of bench time if lin does come back so yah he'd be a nice sensei lol

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Why is there this misconception that the Spurs are old?? Duncan, Ginobili and Jackson (and Diaw I guess) are the only players on the Roster who are over 30.

-------

Isn't Baron Davis kind of redundant now too since he destroyed his knee?