• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA Thread

ebevan91

I'm more surprised at the Mavericks winning last night than I am the Lakers losing.

Just look at that Mavs roster, it's TERRIBLE. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400277723

Also I really hope OJ Mayo redeems himself. I'm a Grizzlies fan and I always liked the guy, but the coach just never let him play much.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
^ Agreed about the Mavs roster.

Meanwhile, the Pistons get to be among the first to witness the effects of the James Harden trade, since they open up at home against the Rockets. We'll see how that one goes.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
#BrooklynNets2013Champions

great games last night, can't wait for the rest of the season

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Wow James Harden is scoring like crazy tonight's game with 37 points at the moment. That's saying something

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah. James Harden is either really, really good or the Pistons are really, really bad. Probably a combination of the two.

Oh well. Next up starts the horrible road schedule the Pistons have to go through, starting with the Phoenix Suns.

EDIT: Also, I have a question. Could we extend this to talk about NCAAB, too, since that regular season is starting up soon?

TrollFreak

EDIT: Also, I have a question. Could we extend this to talk about NCAAB, too, since that regular season is starting up soon?

I see no reason why not, maybe a mod can alter the title as well, as no will know unless they see this post.

Indiana #1, what do you think?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I see no reason why not, maybe a mod can alter the title as well, as no will know unless they see this post.

Alright, cool. :) I'm a U-M fan, myself. Hopefully the Big Ten does better at basketball than football lol.

I'm a little inexperienced with college basketball, but out of curiosity, why not Kentucky at #1? They seemed like the sure choice for #1.

I think that Kentucky is going to mash them in due time, as long as Calipari can develop his talent, guess it's nice to know they're "back", though, so the old rivalry can resume.

LordCBH

Indiana is going to be really good this year, but let's see if they can keep it up 100%. That said, I'm excited for the MTSU basketball season.Got my season tickets purchased and everything. 27 wins in the regular season last year...entered conference tournament where we completely fell flat on our faces, losing to a horrid Arkansas State team....I'd never been so mad before in my life...it was ridiculous. We made up for it with a sweet, sweet win over Tennessee in the NIT. All in all, great year. We return almost everybody this season, with the exception of LaRon Dendy. One of our vets coming back is in like the Top 30 3 Point Shooters (pre-season articles), and man does he practice like that, and man he played liken that last year. The conference has shifted to Home and Home with ALL conference foes this year, which sucks because it gives ULM two chances to murder our RPI....Out of conference is strong though...Belmont, UAB (at home), Florida (Neutral Site), Vandy (Neutral Site), Ole Miss (Home.). Going to be a good year, team has a lot to play for.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...

TrollFreak

ScreenShot2012-11-01at60136PM.png

Stupid Yahoo Sports. Are they no depth to which they won't sink.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
ScreenShot2012-11-01at60136PM.png

Stupid Yahoo Sports. Are they no depth to which they won't sink.

You can't take Yahoo sports seriously. They're nothing more than a bunch of d--- riders.

PsychicPsycho

... the Lakers losing.
I'm not too surprised by that. The Heat looked like gods after they first got together, and it took them some time to get going. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the west in the end, though.
I was confused by that at first, but then I remembered they beat Kentucky and some other good teams least year. I'm thinking I remember hearing they beat a team ranked 1, 2 and 3 at some point least year, but I might be wrong.
I'm a little inexperienced with college basketball, but out of curiosity, why not Kentucky at #1? They seemed like the sure choice for #1.
Anthony Davis was a '1 and done' player, and I believe they lost some other players to the NBA as well.
lol, is that a real headline?

TrollFreak

I was confused by that at first, but then I remembered they beat Kentucky and some other good teams least year. I'm thinking I remember hearing they beat a team ranked 1, 2 and 3 at some point least year, but I might be wrong.

Anthony Davis was a '1 and done' player, and I believe they lost some other players to the NBA as well.

This, and the fact that, unlike Kentucky, which had to rebuild its entire team from scratch, Indiana has alot of returning players from last year, so thats why they're #1
Kentucky might end up having it before the NCAA tourney, but you know, they always work for that #1 spot anyways

lol, is that a real headline?

You can't take Yahoo sports seriously. They're nothing more than a bunch of d--- riders.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
This, and the fact that, unlike Kentucky, which had to rebuild its entire team from scratch, Indiana has alot of returning players from last year, so thats why they're #1
Kentucky might end up having it before the NCAA tourney, but you know, they always work for that #1 spot anyways
Okay, thanks for explaining. it. :) Didn't know that.

I'm just getting into college basketball, so I'm slowly learning lol.

You can't take any media seriously, as far as I'm concerned.

ebevan91

45 points for James Harden tonight.

TrollFreak

And this is why I see Houston making the playoffs. Harden is going to have a breakout year. Prob not score 30 a night, but at least 20+ average for the season

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
45 points for James Harden tonight.
That makes me feel a little better. It's not just us getting dominated lol.

And yeah, the Rockets probably will make the playoffs this year.