• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NBA Thread

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
What do you guy's think of Jeremy Lin's season so far? James Harden has been amazing.

So far, he's nothing but overhyped. Decent player but Lin is a turnover machine. My parent told me if Lin is any good, I bash him and explain to my parent why. I rather have Yao Ming over Lin even though they play different position.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Fear the Pelicans.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
What do you guys think of this issue with the Spurs sitting some of their players?

I can see both sides, but I think I'm more on the side of the coach. It's his job to do what's best for the team, not to make the fans happy. Although, perhaps it'd have been better if he rested half the guys in their last game and the other half today.

I'm pretty pissed about this. David Stern has historically catered to the larger market teams and the fact that my team (the Spurs) have grabbed four titles as a small market team does nothing but enrage him. He fined the team because the game was nationally televised, heavily marketed as such. Stern continually gives these flaccid reasons to justify fining the Spurs to try and move the attention away from the fact that the true reason he did was because it was TNT game and TNT was pissed about their ratings, so what does Stern do? He fines us in response. Stern could care less about the players, the coaches or even the fans. It's all about the brand and the marketing for him, if those two things take a huge hit then he has something to say about it.

Prelude

Prelude
stern sees the nba as a business and a form of entertainment rather than as a competitive sport.

also **** the lakers. once nash gets back their defense will get even worse. no more championships for them. they should trade gasol too. he's a weakass pussy who can't do anything under d'antoni's system

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
stern sees the nba as a business and a form of entertainment rather than as a competitive sport.

also **** the lakers. once nash gets back their defense will get even worse. no more championships for them. they should trade gasol too. he's a weakass pussy who can't do anything under d'antoni's system

Wow really about the Lakers? Yes, the point position is the hardest to guard and beside if any fast guard blow pass Nash, Howard is the interior defense he can swat the ball away. I have to disagree with you on Gasol, he needs to be more in the painted area that is where Gasol makes his points from (in the past), but Howard controls/hogs that area. There plenty of ways Gasol can fit in this system, he just need to find his calling or have him come off the bench as the 6th man, he can get the lacking Laker's bench going and coming off the bench he can sub-in for Howard.

PsychicPsycho

Did you guys see that player trying to wrestle the ball away from the ref? (video, at about 20sec) I had to laugh and wonder what he was doing.

Also, lol, LeBron told Barkley to shut up.
Fear the Pelicans.
lol, can't believe they went with that name.
I wonder if the Lakers will even make the playoffs now...
I'm not really to call the Lakers done until Nash and Gasol are both healthy.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
See what happens when we give officals so much power. Its like in baseball, I wish we were back in the 80s and 90s where the refs were at the mercy of the players, not the otherway around

ebevan91

There are some teams that have surprised me so far this season.

New York (I knew they were going to be good but it seems that Amar'e's absence has not affected them negatively)
Chicago (12-9 without Rose isn't too bad, I can't wait until he comes back, he's my favorite player that isn't on my favorite team)
Oklahoma City (yes I know they normally do well but people thought they handed the West to the Lakers when they got rid of Harden)
Golden State (15-7, they're probably the biggest surprise "good team")
Los Angeles Lakers (self explanatory, they're the most popular team so we've all heard about their struggles)
And my Memphis Grizzlies of course.

Vernikova

Champion
I'm so conflicted: on one hand, I want the Lakers to lose again but on the other hand I want the Knicks to lose. So why can't I have both NBA?

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Vern, you can have both. It's called the playoffs :)

For the most part I am not surprised with the way the season has played out so far. The NBA is the one sport I follow closely enough to where nothing truly surprises me.
James Harden to the Rockets and his subsequent performance with them is probably my biggest surprise for the season so far. Truthfully I didn't think he had it in him to be a leader, but he clearly has proven me wrong and is out to prove others wrong as well. The fact that Houston got him for an absolute steal surprises me as well, but I guess if you are desperate to dump a player you don't have too many options.

Lakers- Knew they would suck. Dwight Howard wouldn't commit past a year, Steve Nash is on his last legs. Your coach was Mike Brown (who disappointingly has shown he cannot coach some of the supposedly "best" players in the league). I knew D'Antoni would not be much better. He has not been threatening since his days in Phoenix, where he was truly scary. I am sure they will gel sometime but I really don't see this team as championship caliber.

Heat- Not surprised with their struggles either. I am in fact relishing it as all the bandwagoners are baffled. Just goes to show that you can sign all the all-stars you want that doesn't mean you will be a success.

Knicks- More surprised at the birth of Melo as a leader FINALLY. It's only been a decade. As far them winning is concerned, not surprised either, they went out and got pieces necessary to cobble together a high caliber team. Felton is proving he is better than Lin (which you really should not be surprised by). I wouldn't miss Amare either, clearly they are proving how sub-par of a basketball player he truly is. Tyson Chandler was a great pickup for them.

Timberwolves- I had hoped they would prove me wrong with all the acquisitions they were involved in over the summer. I was hoping this time would be different, but I knew that it wouldn't be. It seems that Minnesota likes to trap its Kevins, first Garnett and now Love. No matter who they add, it never seems to help.

Thunder- Harden came off the bench, clearly they wouldn't miss his production so much. They also went out and quietly got some players they were in need, namely a big man. I have been disappointed with Hasheem Thabeet, who I guess will never justify being a No. 2 draft pick.

Mavericks- Pretty much like Minnesota. Clearly Mark Cuban has zero idea what to do in the post-Dirk era. Signing D-Fish was an intriguing move, but they keep adding players and have no idea what to do with them.

Hornets- Re-branding, yeah what do you expect when you have a new owner? That's one of the first things that they do with a struggling franchise. I am surprised given all the hype surrounding Austin Rivers, that he has not lived up to expectations so far. But it's Anthony Davis and his first season so it remains to be seen.

Overall I am pleased with the way my Spurs have played, continuing to prove the naysayers wrong, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Vernikova

Champion
Vern, you can have both. It's called the playoffs :)

No one wants to watch Lakers playoff games this year. At least I don't. I admit that it'll be funny seeing blow-out highlights.

The Knicks, of course, should fall to the Nets.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
The Knicks, of course, should fall to the Nets.

I have to disagree here, especially if they continue to play the kind of basketball they have been playing. While Boston has not been playing their best basketball, I could definitely see an Eastern Conference finals coming down to these two teams. Sure Miami is the popular choice but idc.
The Nets need some time to grow and find at least another key player, either that or Andray Blatche needs to have his best season ever.

Vernikova

Champion
I have to disagree here, especially if they continue to play the kind of basketball they have been playing. While Boston has not been playing their best basketball, I could definitely see an Eastern Conference finals coming down to these two teams. Sure Miami is the popular choice but idc.
The Nets need some time to grow and find at least another key player, either that or Andray Blatche needs to have his best season ever.

The season is long. They will rebound.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
When it all comes down to it, the Heat haven't lost a step. They are still athletically faster and superior than Boston. Boston's had two chances. TWO. They're not beating the Heat.

Knicks/Nets are what everyone are saying as wildcards but I feel the Knicks have a higher ceiling. The Nets' defense is what holds them back, and I honestly believe that they most certainly couldn't beat the Heat. Boston has a chance against them. The Knicks on the other hand have what has systematically been proven to defeat the Heat.. which is excellent three-point shooting, but I'd still favor the Heat's experience.

PsychicPsycho

See what happens when we give officals so much power. Its like in baseball, I wish we were back in the 80s and 90s where the refs were at the mercy of the players, not the otherway around
Shouldn't the player just have waited for the ref to give him the ball, though? And I'd prefer the refs to have too much power then not enough.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...

ebevan91

Yeah... OKC is pretty damn good. Just think, Westbrook and Durant are both still in their early 20s too, they may have not even hit their prime yet.

Vernikova

Champion
The Nets being killed in the second half. Hopefully, the Lakers will **** themselves enough so Dwight decides to leave and head for Brooklyn. :snowlax: