• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NCAA Basketball Thread

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
Based on popular request!

Regular season starts today folks, use this thread to discuss games, rankings, March Madness(when it comes around of course) and remember, you can support your own team, just be respectful of others!

Anyways, Rankings:

ScreenShot2012-11-09at83904PM.png
ScreenShot2012-11-13at93815PM.png
ScreenShot2012-11-19at100707PM.png

Nothing much to say about those at this point, so go University of San Fran, go kick some Cardinal butt today!

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The tip-off marathon is on ESPN in a few days. I'll be recording part of it, and watching the rest live.

ebevan91

Good thing they didn't rank us #8 like last season. Most overrated team I have ever seen.

And yes I'll be watching a good bit of the marathon. I remember watching a game at like 2AM last year.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Well today showed us why a game on a ship is a bad idea.

on a brighter note...FSU opened the season with an embarrassing loss to south Alabama.

TrollFreak

Great games so far, loving all the games

Liked the St. Johns v. Detroit the best, nice rally by the Red Storm

Favs from you guys?

ebevan91

I'm planning on watching Duke-Kentucky in a little bit.

It pains me to watch Kentucky sometimes because Calipari coached my Tigers and it sucks knowing that some of these players could be here with Calipari instead of at Kentucky.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I've got MSU-Kansas on right now, because MSU gets all the exciting games, while U-M gets the cupcakes.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
I'm planning on watching Duke-Kentucky in a little bit.

It pains me to watch Kentucky sometimes because Calipari coached my Tigers and it sucks knowing that some of these players could be here with Calipari instead of at Kentucky.

Don't worry. In the end, Calipari will bolt from Kentucky before the NCAA comes calling. Just like he has done at all his other jobs. The man can't coach anywhere without eventually bringing a scandal of some kind.

TrollFreak

Don't worry. In the end, Calipari will bolt from Kentucky before the NCAA comes calling. Just like he has done at all his other jobs. The man can't coach anywhere without eventually bringing a scandal of some kind.

SO true

Updated OP w/ Week 2 Rankings, old rankings will be kept in the Spoiler Tags

ScreenShot2012-11-13at93815PM.png

PsychicPsycho

I'm glad to see Missouri is ranked. Going to the SEC may have screwed them in football, but I think the basketball situation is just as good, if not better (although I'd prefer them to have stayed in the Big 12). Of course, I haven't seen them in action against Kentucky and Florida, so my optimism may fade away later this year.
I've got MSU-Kansas on right now, because MSU gets all the exciting games, while U-M gets the cupcakes.
Loved seeing KU go down.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

TrollFreak

Gonna have to bump this with new AP rankings and to hopefully start discussions about that Gonzaga-Marquette game

ScreenShot2012-11-19at100707PM.png

PsychicPsycho

Holy... a dude scored 138 tonight. That seems almost impossible, just from a time standpoint. On tv, they pointed out he took a shot every 20 seconds, on average. He went 52 of 108 overall, and made 27 of 71 3-point shots.
So did I, and I'm a UM fan lol. Guess they're not as good as last year, either, huh?
I salute your lack of bias here. I'd say it's too early to call how good they are, but I'm sure Kansas will turn out fine, just because I don't like them.

ebevan91

So how about Butler laying the smackdown on North Carolina last night?

Roy Williams's recruiting hasn't been that good the past couple of seasons.

LordCBH

Probably not well known, but my Blue Raiders are 2-1 right now thanks to a 75-61 win over Central Florida. Only loss is to Florida.

PsychicPsycho

Wow, Duke's compiling an impressive win list so far. On tv I think they said they've beaten 3 of the final 4 teams from last year.

Also wanted to ask you guys- does anyone else get annoyed when watching a game and crowd keeps chanting the same thing? One team that comes to mind is Gonzaga. I kind of like Gonzaga, but I hate that you hear 'Defense Bulldogs, Defense!!' about 1000 times every game.

(and on a side note, I'm like, 'duh, I'm pretty sure they know they're on defense now')

ebevan91

Wow, Duke's compiling an impressive win list so far. On tv I think they said they've beaten 3 of the final 4 teams from last year.

Also wanted to ask you guys- does anyone else get annoyed when watching a game and crowd keeps chanting the same thing? One team that comes to mind is Gonzaga. I kind of like Gonzaga, but I hate that you hear 'Defense Bulldogs, Defense!!' about 1000 times every game.

(and on a side note, I'm like, 'duh, I'm pretty sure they know they're on defense now')

I'd rather have a loud crowd that repeats the same thing over and over again than a quiet crowd. College sports games are supposed to be loud. Let the kids have fun.

TrollFreak

Wow, can't believe UK got knocked out, they fell p. quick huh

In their defense, once they get the experience and chemistry and/or start SEC play, they should be back in the rankings. Or maybe this is what they need, being unranked to fly under the radar a bit and gain confidence