• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NCAA Basketball Thread

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Very rarely do you say anything positive about Michigan it's almost like you hate there guts. I know your a Florida fan, therefore your all for the SEC, but goodness sakes. Michigan made it to the National Title game. There been a NCAA tournament team for the last few years. There a basketball power again, you just don't wanna admit it because for some reason I think you have something against Michigan, and I don't know why. If it has to do with Florida losing to them thats Floridas own fault. Michigan was the better team that game, just like tonight Louisville was better than Michigan. They wanted it more, this game was fairly officiated. I'm not gonna come on here and be a classless punk like some fans and make bs excuses. Louisville DESERVED TO WIN. Michigan will make another run next season.

Let me get this straight right now, I have nothing against Michigan whatsoever. Michigan beat them thats all there is to it. I just generally have always disliked the big 10 and a majority of their fans that I have met. My scoffing now is at the Michigan fans thinking a couple of years in the tourney never making it past the first weekend and a loss in the title game suddenly makes them a basketball power.

and what is this "again?" Their last title was 1989

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Let me get this straight right now, I have nothing against Michigan whatsoever. Michigan beat them thats all there is to it. I just generally have always disliked the big 10 and a majority of their fans that I have met. My scoffing now is at the Michigan fans thinking a couple of years in the tourney never making it past the first weekend and a loss in the title game suddenly makes them a basketball power.

Honestly I don't hate any Sec teams. All teams have fans that can be...well quite annoying, but I'm not gonna hate certain teams because of fans I have met. I will say the Sec is the best football conference without a doubt, but in basketball this year the Sec was mediocre besides Florida and Ole Miss. Florida was the best team in the Sec for basketball this year hands down. We will never agree on anything pretty much, but that's fine. I consider Michigan a great basketball school again. I may of taken what I said about the whole basketball power thing to far, but Michigan is relevant in basketball again none the less. They had it in them all season. I know they lost to Penn State, but a lot of teams this year had bad losses. Your right they haven't won the national championship since 1989 that is true, that almost changed this year, but almost isn't good enough. Next season Michigan will return everyone besides Trey Burke, unless Burke comes back for another season, but I have a better chance of finding a shiny Pokemon than Burke coming back. Michigan did last win a title in 89 like you said, but keep in mind before Florida won there back to back titles Florida never won a national title in basketball. I'm not trying to start a argument I'm just saying. I think Michigan can make another run honestly. After watching Spike Albrecht go off tonight I think he will do just fine taking over for Trey Burke. Like I said the whole team pretty much comes back. Michigan could make another run next season, I already know you dissagree but they will have the same team pretty much.

Last edited:

BJPalmer85

Congrats to Louisville bringing another title to the bluegrass state. Now looking forward to next year and UK winning it for the bluegrass 3 years in a row and their 9th title overall

I think they lose more than Burke

I agree. I bet they have 2 maybe even three starters enter the draft.

to latias: I have had a vendetta against the Big 10 ever since the lead up to the championship game against Ohio state back in 2006. I was sick of the media hype, and I still am. and the big 10 may have more championships historically than the sec, but I'm not going to bother with looking it up. All I know is if they did it was before I was born. :D

Are you talking about the BCS title game against Florida where Ohio State ran back the opening kickoff and then got stomped like 49-7 or something. Chris Leak was QB and I believe it was Tebow's first season.

If so, that game was epic!!

B

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

It doesnt immediately make them a power again, but you can't deny that they now have a really good team going forward and a bu ch of great recruiting coming with nearly winning the championship. They at least have a small chance at possible becoming a power again if they head in this direction. I'm not a michigan fan, but it seems a little unfair to berate them for the loss and pit off their whole season as just getting hot for a little bit.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If it was a one and done season for Michigan, so be it...I'm just glad I was able to witness it. It's not like they got creamed either, 6 points is actually pretty close. Not gonna say calls where the reason Michigan lost, but there were some pretty clear ones that weren't made or went against them.

But I see this as a growing period, if they can capitalize on this success, then they will become a Basketball power team in the future.

BJPalmer85

If it was a one and done season for Michigan, so be it...I'm just glad I was able to witness it. It's not like they got creamed either, 6 points is actually pretty close. Not gonna say calls where the reason Michigan lost, but there were some pretty clear ones that weren't made or went against them.

But I see this as a growing period, if they can capitalize on this success, then they will become a Basketball power team in the future.

There were terrible calls on both sides. The officiating over all this tournament has been ****! Actually there has been a lot of bad calls made all season.

B

BJPalmer85

No doubt it was pretty equal, some stood out for me more against Michigan, but yeah, just all around terrible.

if you are a michigan fan or like michigan more than UofL than of course it did. I have no allegiance to either team other than I wanted the title to remain in my state but overall i was completely indifferent as to which team I like more so i notice that it was bad both ways.

The number of fouls mean nothing, as i recall uofl has several players that get into foul trouble almost every game

B

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan will only lose Trey Burke, Tim Hardaway isn't ready for the Nba, and if he leaves he will be the next Darrius Morris, and Manny Harris both of those guys are busts in the Nba. They are both busts in the Nba because they left early they needed at least one more season to refine there skills. Mitch McGary said he's not going anywhere a few weeks ago, but he could change his mind. Glenn Robinson isn't even ready yet if he were to leave early he's really making a foolish decision. I wanna see what's best for these guys, someday I want them to have success in the Nba, and let's be honest none of them are Nba ready besides Trey Burke. I don't understand why everyone thinks all these guy's are gonna leave. Don't they wanna be lottery picks like Trey Burke? Stay another year Hardaway, Robinson, and McGary. I would venture to say they all stay but Burke, and if they do leave there will be other highly recruits like Mr. Basketball in Indiana 4 star guard Zac Irvin, 4 star point guard Derrick Walton, and 4 star forward Mark Donnal coming in. Michigan has talent.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

if you are a michigan fan or like michigan more than UofL than of course it did. I have no allegiance to either team other than I wanted the title to remain in my state but overall i was completely indifferent as to which team I like more so i notice that it was bad both ways.

The number of fouls mean nothing, as i recall uofl has several players that get into foul trouble almost every game

B
Eh...probably right :|

Either way, it wasn't really the best officiating that I've ever seen

BJPalmer85

Eh...probably right :|

Either way, it wasn't really the best officiating that I've ever seen

no it was not. there have been terrible calls in college sports all last season (at least in football and basketball). something needs to be done

B

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I have to say honestly the officiating was fine in this game. Pretty much both teams were in equal foul trouble, BUT! Keyword (BUT) that blocking foul on Trey Burke was complete crap, he got all ball on that block, it wasn't even a foul. There were a few bull crap fouls that went both ways, but other than that the game was well officiated. If Michigan wouldn't of let Luke Hancock go off before half, Michigan very well could of won this game, but it is what it is. Louisville was the better team thats all there is to it. Go Blue anyways!

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The burke block miss call was the only clearly awful call that made a difference. The rebound that was caught slightly out of bounce also hurt.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Burke got all ball on this block. It was a perfect block heres a picture. How a ref could possibly be this blind, and not realize this is a clean block I do not know. Even if the ref wouldn't of whistled this a foul, we don't know or not if Michigan would of took advantage of Burkes block or not. Who knows what may have happened if this wasn't called a foul.

TreyBurkeblock_zps47b063c2.jpg

Joltik-Kid

Burke got all ball on this block. It was a perfect block heres a picture. How a ref could possibly be this blind, and not realize this is a clean block I do not know. Even if the ref wouldn't of whistled this a foul, we don't know or not if Michigan would of took advantage of Burkes block or not. Who knows what may have happened if this wasn't called a foul.

All I can say is that Michigan likely would have made it a far more closer game then it already was... not saying they would have won, but this could have potentially sparked something.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yeah that is a fair point. I was impressed with how Burke played. He showed why he earned player of the year. He was doing everything he could to help Michigan get the win. Even though Michigan lost, their all still winners in my book. This season was a great one, and I am happy that I was old enough to watch this title run. The last time they made it this far I was 4 years old so I really wasn't old enough to remember it.

BJPalmer85

clean block but to the ref it might have looked like Burke was pushing off or something.

You also have to take into account that the refs are calling this in real time, from whatever angle he was at it could have looked like a foul. Human error is a factor. Would Michigan have won? No. Would it have been a close score at the end, possibly

B