• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NCAA Basketball Thread

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Wouldn't ruin mine!

Knock out all the tough teams an let Florida cruise on past. Its been too long since those back to backs :(

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Now that is team basketball!! Even though Trey Burke didn't have a good shooting night his presence was still on the court assisting. It was a rocky 1st half, but credit to Michigan turning it around after half. Good coaching tonight coach B! Michigans whole team was unselfish after half, and we all saw a transformation. Even when Trey Burke is struggling shooting there's guys on this team that can step up! That was a great team win! Bring on the 2nd round Go Blue!! Final Score Michigan 71 South Dakota State 56.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
So guys, who picked Harvard in that game? My bracket was going good until that.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I actually picked Harvard to win :D I am glad I got one upset right, because other than that I didn't do so hot with my other picks.

ebevan91

My three losses yesterday were Pitt, Missouri, and New Mexico.

All of my sweet 16 teams are still intact, though.

But yesterday was only the first day so things may change.

And I kinda feel bad for Akron. They were missing 2 or 3 starters yesterday. A 46 point loss is embarrassing.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yeah, I agree! I missed the Pitt and Missouri games as well. Yeah, the outcome of the game may have been different if Akrons starters were able to play! The flu bug is in full swing lately thats what kept them out.

Larry

I had a really rough first day. I'm not even going to mention my worst pick of the day but I also missed Missouri and Pitt. Wisconsin isn't looking good right now either.

ebevan91

LOL WISCONSIN

I was pulling for Ole Miss but picked Wisconsin in my bracket.

Now my bracket is destroyed, at least the region they're in.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
As a Pitt fan, I knew Pitt had NO CHANCE yesterday. We are putrid this year.

Anyway, as of yesterday, I was 12-4. I lost two Sweet Sixteen teams (OK State and New Mexico). Also lost Davidson (Curses! I picked the wrong 3/14 upset. But Davidson was SO CLOSE to winning) and... hm. Someone. I don't recall. I want to say it was a 5/12 matchup. But no one I had going any further than 1 win anyway.

EDIT: N/M, the other game I missed was Missouri, too. And it turns out I lost Wisconsin today, as well, but I had them losing next round anyway.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Wow Wisconsin.....As a Michigan fan, and being that my favorite team is apart of the Big 10 it's very disappointing to see other Big 10 teams fall in the tournament. I could careless if Michigan State or Ohio State lose though.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yup, the Gators might have it a little more better than before. I remember the back to back National Titles. Those teams were loaded. Al Horford, Corey Brewer, Joakim Noah, Taurean Green, Chris Richards, and theres probably a few more im forgetting.

ebevan91

Yup, the Gators might have it a little more better than before. I remember the back to back National Titles. Those teams were loaded. Al Horford, Corey Brewer, Joakim Noah, Taurean Green, Chris Richards, and theres probably a few more im forgetting.

Lee Humphrey, and Marreese Speights joined the next year.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I can't believe I forgot about Lee Humphrey and Marreese Speights. They were both excellent players.

And this game just went final. #1 seed Kansas defeats #16 seed Western Kentucky 64-57. If Kansas were to lose this game it would of created all kinds of chaos for anyone that picked them to win it all in there bracket. Honestly, I was pulling for the upset.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Minnesota next. Their size will give UF issues. But if we can turn it into a fast paced game, they won't keep up imo.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yeah, Minnesota has great size. I have seen them play this season of course because Michigan played and beat Minnesota at there own place. Winning road games in the Big 10 is hard! Minnesota is a solid team. Honestly, I think Florida will win though. I would love to see Minnesota win because they are representing the Big 10, but the Gators are a fast team.

Last edited:

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Winning road games anywhere is hard. it was murder in a weak SEC too. Arkansas, Mizzou, Florica, and Kentucky were virtually unbeatable at home

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Very true. Being a player and dealing with the hostile crowds can be brutal on the players that are playing for the road team.

ebevan91

Michigan vs. VCU is very sloppy right now.

Go VCU!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan is playing there best game of the season holy crap! I thought this game was gonna be scary close. Vcu is no joke. Go Blue!