• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Neatoru hardest starter

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
I was thinking, Naetoru may be the hardest starter to begin with because:

Naetoru:

Evolutions of Pocchamma are Water/Steel, so just normal hits from Grass (!!)
Evolutions of Hikozaru are Fire/Fighting, so not very effective hits from Grass

Hikozaru:

Evolutions of Pocchamma are Water/Steel, so normal hits from Fire (!!)
Evolutions of Naetoru are Grass/Ground, so super effective hits from Fire

Pocchamma:

Evolutions of Hikozaru are Fire/Fighting, so super effective hits from Water
Evolutions of Naetoru are Grass/Ground, so normal hits from Water (!!), and even 2x super effective hits when using a Ice type attack (!!!!)

What do u guys think?

EDIT: Sorry guys, I forgot something:

That's why they make Naetoru Grass/GROUND, because then it can defeat Pocchamma's evolutions and also the Zaru's

It will then look like this:

(I will also update the other starters, then)

Naetoru:

Evolutions of Pocchamma are Water/Steel, so just normal hits from Grass (!!), and super effective hits from Ground (!!)
Evolutions of Hikozaru are Fire/Fighting, so not very effective hits from Grass, and super effective hits from Ground (!!)

Hikozaru:

Evolutions of Pocchamma are Water/Steel, so normal hits from Fire (!!), and super effective hits from Fighting (!!)
Evolutions of Naetoru are Grass/Ground, so super effective hits from Fire, and normal hits from Fight (!!)

Pocchamma:

Evolutions of Hikozaru are Fire/Fighting, so super effective hits from Water, and not very effective htis from steel.
Evolutions of Naetoru are Grass/Ground, so normal hits from Water (!!), and normal hits from Steel..

(Left Ice attacks on Pocchamma behind, because other Poké's can learn other type moves also that way..)

So if we look good at it, we will see, that:

Hikozaru is the best starter, because:

Naetoru: 2 super, 1 normal, 1 not very

Hikozaru: 2 super, 2 normal

Pocchamma: 1 super, 2 normal, 1 not very

So if we give "Super" 3 points, "Normal" 2, and "Not very" 1, then it will look like this:

Naetoru: 9

Hikozaru: 10

Pocchamma: 8

So Hikozaru is best, and Pocchamma is the worst starter to start with -.-

Am I right or not?

Last edited:

mrhiyuck

curious
Don't forget though that Naetoru is ground with destroys steel and fire, especially with it's high attack.

Edit: Dang Beaten

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Grass starter beats both starters with Earthquake

Fire starter beats water starter with a fighting attack, grass with a fire attack

Water starter beats fire starter with a water move, beats grass with an ice attack.

Each starter could beat any of the other starters.

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
Yes but also look at the defense, other types etc.
You're right, indeed, that it doesn't matter if you CAN defeat the other starter with one super effective hit, but if your attack is being disabled or something..
But from the other side, if you indeed look at the moves it can learn from itself..
Yes I don't know.
Am I right, or not?

Last edited:

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
Yes but also look at the defense, other types etc.
You're right, indeed, that it doesn't matter if you CAN defeat the other starter with one super effective hit, but if your attack is being disabled or something..
But from the other side, if you indeed look at the moves it can learn from itself..
Yes I don't know.
D'yu think I am right, or not?

If we base ourselves on Defenses and Speed, here would be the most common situations:

If Goukazaru is a Sp. Sweeper vs. Dodaitos:
Goukazaru uses Flamethrower.
Dodaitos faints.

If Goukazaru is a physical sweeper vs. Dodaitos:
Goukazaru uses Flare Drive.
Dodaitos takes some damage.
Dodaitos uses Earthquake.
Goukazaru faints.

If Emperuto is faster then Dodaitos:
Emperuto uses Ice Beam.
Dodaitos faints.

If Dodaitos is faster then Enperuto:
Dodaitos uses Earthquake.
Emperuto faints.

If Goukazaru is a physical sweeper vs. Emperuto:
Goukazaru uses In-Fight.
Emperuto dies.

If Goukazaru is a Sp. Sweeper vs. Enperuto:
Goukazaru uses Focus Bomb.
Emperuto takes damage or FB misses
Enperuto uses Surf
Goukazaru faints.

This is just a sketch. It doesn't mean this will actually happen.

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
It's pretty sure what's going to happen. But if the others are high defensive or high sp. defensive, then it will be totally different. It's getting a little bit complicated now :p

BugLoverCody

Drowns in Cultness
Dotaitos can defeat both Enperuto and Goukazaru very easily. It is the best starter in the game too, cause it learns earthquake VERY soon. Enperuto does not even have a chance against it! Especially if you give it quick claw or a similar item that boosts speed, Dotaitos can have a one-hit KO to both other starters. It really is the best, hands down.

Cody

Saur

naetoru best starter hiko average pocha worst

Jinkuzo

It's pretty sure what's going to happen. But if the others are high defensive or high sp. defensive, then it will be totally different. It's getting a little bit complicated now :p

it really isn't complicated at all. Dotaitous is built defensively, that's all that was basically being pointed out. He's likely to be able to survive a physical attack based on his base stats alone. His sp. defense however is lacking, and he'd probably die to a flamethrower and definately to an ice beam.

Empureto is built with sp. defense..so if a special fighting move was used on him, he'll probably survive, so a physical approach is better in his case.

Goukazaru is built with speed and attack, his defense lacks so any hit from either of them is more than likely to kill him..chances are he'll kill them before they kill him..of course it all depends on build.

This gen probably has the most complete starters..the fact that you can kill the others with any of them is pretty nice, it means you can choose which ever you like the most.