• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nebby Panic! The Teleport Happened Suddenly!! (988)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Nebby Panic! The Teleport Happened Suddenly!!

Ash is taking care of Nebby when Team Rocket spot it. With Nebby being an incredibly rare Pokémon, they start to concoct a plan to capture it. Meanwhile, Nebby is starting to find out about its Teleport abilities and keeps teleporting everyone away, and at one point teleports it and Ash to the beach where Team Rocket is. Will they be able to enact their plant to get Nebby?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Aww, yay, Lillie and Nebby are bonding further, it's nice to see that Lillie is interested in Nebby :).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
A filler, and kind of an underwhelming one at that. They dumped all of SM's slapstick humour into this episode.

Firstly, is play dough seriously the class lesson of the day? That seemed really dumb to me. More slapstick such as Rowlet being slapped by Steenee, and the constant teleportation. Also, where the heck was Jigglypuff even in? Either way, return of the unfunny Jigglypuff gag, and so unexpectedly, Ash falls asleep and she draws all over him. Oh, and kind of funny that James thought Cosmog was a pre evolution of Koffing.

I kind of liked the ending showdown between Ash and Jessie. Pretty smart of her to blind Ash and get Cosmog. So they get Cosmog, it teleports them to Bewear, Cosmog returns. Typical stuff.

Overall, the episode gets a 3.5/10. It didn't really interest me tbh, and I found majority of the humour pretty boring. The bright spot was Lillie getting a bit more comfortable with Cosmog.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Play Dough, not exactly the greatest of settings but I guess it required the students to be stationary. They could have been doing a written assignment instead though.

Lillie bonding with Hoshigumo-chan is nice to see. It's kind of expected that the last person to try and do something succeeds. Lillies got a killer face. Teleport shenanigans were pretty fun. I don't like the Steenee and Rowlet gag as much as I did before, it's starting to get old. At least evolve it.

Really appreciate Jessie being smart about her surroundings, completely outplayed Ash. Ash, you're such a noob. Team Rocket are really enjoyable out of a few bad episodes with them in.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I could see rowlet evolving in the near future due to the fact that nebby is going to take the spotlight.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Of course how could I forget, even in the games the dex says "Cosmog is very trusting, this gets it into trouble." So we can't use that as proof that Lusamine is good. Anyways Nebby is as cute as ever and Ash, now you can teach it Z-teleport for whenever Nebby is hurt.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Average filler episode, but a little fun. I thought it was funny that James thought Cosmog was a pre-evolution to Koffing, so it seemed. The teleport gag with the classmates was humorous as well (poor Kiawe, his hair catching fire), but my favorite one, was when Nebby teleported the TRio to Bewear. The Jigglypuff one was okay because of the idea behind it, but same ending gag regardless (I really hope they don't do the Jigglypuff gag often). Oh, and I thought Lana's Popplio mold was the best, hehe. Ash...you need to work on your crafting skills, that thing definitely looked like Mimikyu, like Kukui stated previously.

nuzamaki90

Nebby being scared and teleporting to Ash in the end because he feels safe and comfortable around him the most was incredibly heartwarming. I aw’d a little inside.

The episode was pretty lame though.

Ultra Beast Lover

Nebby being scared and teleporting to Ash in the end because he feels safe and comfortable around him the most was incredibly heartwarming. I aw’d a little inside.

The episode was pretty lame though.

Oh yeah it was kinda boring, only reason I watched was because of Nebby

Red Tiger 12

Wandering Trainer
This is gonna be my first reply to a discussion thread but I thought the episode was okay.

- Lillie writing is what I'm assuming is her diary, putting down what happened in the previous episode.
- Seems that Litten and Lycanroc are having a bit of a friendly competition against each other, likely to see who is the more capable between them for whatever reason.
- Lillie bonding with Nebby, if only a little for this episode. I did like that as soon as Nebby got to Lillie, it fell asleep.
- Props to Jessie and Mimikyu in using the sunset to temporarily blind Ash and Pikachu. That was smart!
- Nebby teleporting straight back to Ash after it was left all alone. I really loved that part since it shows that Nebby that has grown pretty attached to Ash that when it's all by itself, it just really wants to be next to him again since it is most comfortable around him. Loved it so much.

I did also like how at the beginning it showed Kukui making Ash's lunch for school later. I love the kind of father-son feel the two of them have, even though I'm sure it feels more like an older brother-little brother dynamic. Although I am liking the subtle parent-like vibe I keep getting off of Ash and Lillie when it comes to Nebby. The way that Nebby calms down when it's near either one of them is making it feel like a human baby calming down as soon as his or her parents are around them. Though this may just be my inner shipper talking. One last thing though, what on earth happened to Kukui near the end?

Last edited by a moderator:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Jessie is merciless. She got Nebby and she returned Mimikyu right before it was about to attack Pikachu with Shadow Claw. And Jigglypuff's been non stop singing in a karaoke room. Nebby is having so much fun causing havoc, it even cheered when Team Rocket caught it lol! I enjoyed those small cameos of Wela Volcano and Oranguru.

I'm pretty sure Prof Kukui was about to call the police to report Ash missing if he didn't show up.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The teleportation shenanigans were funny (except for the return of that Arceus-forsaken Jigglypuff gag. I really hope the writers don't use that too often :( ), but otherwise, this episode didn't really have anything to make it stand out.

I like that Nebby teleported itself straight back to Ash when it found itself alone. As Red Tiger 12 pointed out, it shows that Nebby has grown attached to and feels safe with Ash, which is kind of sweet. I also like that Lillie kind of bonded with Nebby, by being the only one who was able to calm down its crying. (I do wish they had shown the audience the face she made, though, since that face even horrified Professor Kukui). Also, Nebby clearly feels comfortable enough with Lillie to fall asleep while clutching her leg.

If I understood correctly, Nebby teleported the classmates to places related to what they were thinking about at the moment of teleportation. Sophocles said his sculpture looked like a Jigglypuff, so Nebby teleported him to Jigglypuff. Mallow was thinking to herself, "Yare yare" when Nebby teleported her to Oranguru's (Yareyutan's) bar. Lana often has the ocean on her mind, and that's where Nebby teleported her. Kiawe was thinking about the "mountains of Akala" (i.e., the volcanoes), so Nebby teleported him to one such "mountain."

Really appreciate Jessie being smart about her surroundings, completely outplayed Ash. Ash, you're such a noob. Team Rocket are really enjoyable out of a few bad episodes with them in.
Actually, I think that was James's idea, not Jessie's—more proof that James is really the brains of the TRio and ought to be in charge more often. (A shame Jessie's domineering personality prevents that.) Regardless, it was still a clever idea and allowed the TRio to actually outsmart Ash (although it only worked because Ash was stupid enough to put Nebby down).

To be honest, I expected a little more out of the confrontation between Ash and Team Rocket. I expected TR to temporarily escape with Nebby and/or for Ash to legitimately battle them; but only one move was exchanged, and then the TRio doomed themselves by wondering where Bewear was.

I wonder if that scene of Lillie writing in her diary will have any future significance. Will this be something recurring? Is this another way of cementing her status as the deuteragonist?

Red Tiger 12

Wandering Trainer
Jessie is merciless. She got Nebby and she returned Mimikyu right before it was about to attack Pikachu with Shadow Claw. And Jigglypuff's been non stop singing in a karaoke room. Nebby is having so much fun causing havoc, it even cheered when Team Rocket caught it lol! I enjoyed those small cameos of Wela Volcano and Oranguru.

I'm pretty sure Prof Kukui was about to call the police to report Ash missing if he didn't show up.
If that was the case, that would have been really funny. But I have to wonder still, why was he wet and covered in what I'm sure is seaweed? He didn't get teleported.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I wonder if that scene of Lillie writing in her diary will have any future significance. Will this be something recurring? Is this another way of cementing her status as the deuteragonist?

My guess is that it's a reference to the games where Lillie also has a diary. You can find it in the attic of Kukui's lab where she stayed in the game (the same place Ash stays in the anime). Not sure if it only shows up post-game though.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
If that was the case, that would have been really funny. But I have to wonder still, why was he wet and covered in what I'm sure is seaweed? He didn't get teleported.
He wasn't wet and covered in seaweed; he was dirty and covered in leaves, as if he had fallen through some tree branches. My guess is that he either climbed a tree or climbed to the roof of the school building, and then fell down, through some tree branches.

Red Tiger 12

Wandering Trainer
He wasn't wet and covered in seaweed; he was dirty and covered in leaves, as if he had fallen through some tree branches. My guess is that he either climbed a tree or climbed to the roof of the school building, and then fell down, through some tree branches.

Oh right. I just looked at that scene again. I thought he was, my mistake.

Rajas

James thinking Nebby was a pre evolution of Koffing made me laugh. It was also adorable how when TR got taken away how Nebby got sad and immediately looked for Ash to be happy again. Pretty fun episode and Ash got a ride to every single spot.

noakai

It was mostly just okay. The things I liked:

• The end where Nebby teleported to Ash because it was scared and upset and Ash makes it feel better - that was lovely
  • Whatever is going on between Litten and Lycanroc at Kukui's place between the eating competition (?) and then then Lycanroc barking at Litten while Litten looked annoyed (Lycanroc is still like Rockruff in a lot of ways lol) - and Lycanroc's hilarious expression when Ash teleported in!
  • Kiawe trying yet again to cheer Nebby up and making it worse (for some reason his scenes with Nebby are my favorites)

Everything else...ehhh. I expected more from the one-on-one with TR, especially since it was just Ash, Pikachu and Nebby there. It wasn't bad per se but not particularly interesting.

BlueDragonfangirl

Saw the episode, mostly enjoyed Ash / Nebby bonding, that ending was adorable.

That school setting though * Hits head on desk from annoyance *