• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NebulaDreams' fanfiction art thread!

NebulaDreams

A Dense Irritating Miniature Beast of Burden
After a long time of trying to figure out how the hell this image posting system worked on the old website, I can finally post images as God intended them to be posted on this forum! Easily! I'll post some art made for my main project so far and update with sketches and WIPs as I go along.

curio__lucario__reference_sheet_by_starlightcrux-dc0l31q.png

Curio reference sheet from The Curious and the Shiny.

shine__luxray__reference_sheet_wip_by_starlightcrux-dc3of5k.png

Unfinished Shine reference sheet from The Curious and The Shiny (with Bauble in the corner!)

curio__lucario__is_conflicted__by_starlightcrux-dc6mm6f.png

My avatar; just a quickie to test out how I'll shade my next art piece.

thumbnail_3_by_starlightcrux-dc6zpjm.png

Current WIP thumbnail for The Curious and the Shiny banner.

Sketchie

literally some guy
oh man, i am LOVING how dynamic your art style is! you might not be passing for realism, but it looks like that's your goal, because i see so much movement and energy in the way that you draw. it's fun and lively and it doesn't have to be exact. the lack of lines on those last lucarios bring a good stylistic element to it. curious, what are your goals as an artist?

NebulaDreams

Wow, thanks for the input! To be honest, I don't know what my goals are as an artist. I started doing it seriously a few years ago, throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks, and now I've gotten fully into my fanfiction project I hope to create designs based off of the characters in that story. I would like to take scenes from the story and create environments based off it, but my grasp on perspective and composition (frame composition as well as scene composition) is minimal at best.

I have tried my hand at doing realistic pieces and have succeeded to some extent as people acknowledge my skills at creating realistic photo portrait studies (which you can see on Instagram), but have also said my cartoony works are the weaker out of the two. Personally, I think I'm trying to go for both at the same time (you've got to study from life to feed back into the more stylistic works after all) and don't quite know how to pull it off yet.

Sketchie

literally some guy
hey uhhhh that stuff is adorable! I love the painted aspect to it. You've got some great chiaroscuro going on there, fantastic contrasts between light and dark. I can clearly tell where the light source is coming from. On top of that, they just look so darn happy! Luxray's face is my favorite. I would say my biggest criticism is Lucario's eyes look a little wonky. The color seems out of place, and they don't seem like they're pointing in the same place, like they're looking opposite directions. Other than that, fantastic work!

NebulaDreams

Thanks again, Sketchie! Now you mention it, I can see the wonkyness in Curio's face, although I can't exactly piece together why. It could be the shape of the eyes or the way her pupils are pointing towards Shine.

4Xpe4Cvl.png

NebulaDreams

Farting around a bit with Procreate now I’ve got an iPad. Plus some early previews of what Curio’s Mom and Dad look like (to be named).

BYKXznLl.png

Last edited:

NebulaDreams

Here's more art, featuring Curio in her Riolu form and a full lineup of her family!

7SsY2dvl.png

From left to right: Liam - Dad, Ruti - Mom, Trunks - Eldest Brother, Stumpy - 2nd Eldest, Twig - Youngest.

F1y1448.png

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Yayyy Lucarios I LOVE LUCARIOS <3

Shiny super cool looking lucarios with lots of muscle mass and awesome dog like lucarioness!

Korrina would be mega proud of your lucario drawings too :D (since me and her agree on, like, everything <3)

NebulaDreams