• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need a sixth member for Ruby!

Golduck Is Cool

I'm gonna restart my Ruby soon, and these are the Pokémon I'll be using.

Swampert
Brick Break
Earthquake
Surf
Ice Beam

Breloom
Sky Uppercut
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Leech Seed

Gardevoir
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Maybe Toxic? Calm mind?

Aggron
Dig
Iron Tail
Rock Tomb
Double Edge

Salamence
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Fly

Should any of these moves be changed? Also, I have no idea who to use for a 6th member. Everyone I like that's left (Flygon, Claydol, Metagross) Are all types I already have both of.

This isn't a competitive team, but it'll be used to battle friends. How could it be improved?

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Everything looks pretty good. Gardevoir's Shadow Ball should be replaced with either Toxic or Calm Mind, since Shadow Ball plays of Gardevoir's Attack. A special Attack would be more or less powerful anyway, even if Shadow Ball is super-effective. For the last slot, you could use either of Toxic or Calm Mind, if you didn't use the other before. Hypnosis would be a good strategy with Calm Mind, Thunderbolt and Psychic, since you can put your opponent's friends to sleep and then use Calm Mind to boost you stats. I'd go with this last suggestion, even though Hypnosis is a little inaccurate.

If you can, get Earthquake instead of Dig on Aggron. It has lots more power, and only takes one turn to use. If Earthquake or Magnitude is used on Aggron, being underground doubles the damage Aggron would take so you'd be taking an 8x super-effective hit. Make sure you also get one with the Rock Head, so you mitigate Double Edge's recoil.

Salamence looks good too, though it's a shame you only have one physical attack to use its monstrous Attack for. Dragon Claw and Flamethrower pair nicely and hit every Pokemon at least neutrally. You could remove Crunch and go with Brick Break, so you can hit Rock, Ice, Steel, Normal and Dark types, though you'd have to get rid of Brick Break on Swampert. In this case, you could fill up Swampert's Brick Break slot with Return, Protect or Toxic. Return pairs nicely with Surf and gets neutral hits on lots of Pokemon. Protect can stall for a while I suppose, and you can get a free look at your friend's attacks before they hit you. Toxic would be nice to do some extra damage each turn.

I think your team is awesome. You cover many types and you don't have any glaring weaknesses (as far as I can see by flicking over it). For your last slot, Metagross is still a good choice.

Metagross
-Meteor Mash
-Shadow Ball
-Agility
-Filler

This is a nice Metagross set. Without getting too competitive, Agility boosts your speed, Meteor Mash is STAB, and Shadow Ball hits Ghosts nicely. For the last slot, I would suggest Earthquake, but that depends on whether you have another TM or if you want to breed it onto Aggron and save the TM for Metagross. I like Light Screen since you can cover your Special Defence. You could also try Psychic if you want another STAB. Metagross' Special Attack is pretty god, so it's an option.

I hope this is some help to you. One question: are you allowed to use legendaries in you friend battles? Not like the Weather trio, but more the Regi Golems or the Lati twins? Let me know and I can post a set for these too, based on your choice. Also, I posted like I would for an in-game team, but I kept in mind that you are going to us this team to battle your friends too.

Golduck Is Cool

Thanks. We can use legendaries but I don't like to. I think I'll go with Metagross. I havn't played Ruby in a while. Can you get Beldum during the game or after you beat the Elite Four?

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
I believe you get it in Mossdeep, and go to Steven's house. You should find a Lv.5 Beldum in a Pokeball on the table.

Since you don't want a legendary on your team, and metagross can't be picked until after the elite four, i'd suggest putting an electric pokemon on your team, perhaps manectric? Stab electric attacks will decimate Wallace's team and probably last longer than Breloom/Gardevoir which i'm guessing is what you intend to use. Another plus is static on Manectric, makes things a lot easier.