• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need clarity on an old shiny vulpix I found

McShwick

I opened shield again a couple of weeks ago after a year or so and found a shiny Alolan Vulpix. I love Alolan Vulpix but I don't remember getting this little guy. It has my OT and I haven't hacked a game since I was a child with an AR on like HGSS for infinite rare candies lol.

The weird thing is, it's level 60 where I usually get shiny mons I like through breeding. It's in a dream ball, though cool, not something I typically do but I could see myself doing it for this specific mon. Stranger yet the summary says it was caught in the rolling fields which I don't think is possible. the date is 12/12/2022 but that could be weird as I often did type locks and manipulated the date for the lock type to appear. it has 5 IVs perfect, snow cloak, and full raid power. it feels like a den pokemon but a lot of things don't add up. Only thing I can think of is that maybe there was an event or something. And as I said I haven't hacked or accepted other OTs mons for like 12 to 14 years give or take a friends mon for version exclusive Pokedex completion. Just seeing if anybody has some insight before I release it for not knowing its legitimacy.

Phil Rohan

Are you sure the catch date wasn't December 2020? There was a Wild Area News event around then where you could get Shiny Alolan Vulpix.

McShwick

Are you sure the catch date wasn't December 2020? There was a Wild Area News event around then where you could get Shiny Alolan Vulpix.
It totally could be december i was just saying that I have changed the date before for locks and I have forgot for a couple weeks before realizing it.

But that's good news! would that explain the met location in the summary and the IVs?

Phil Rohan

It should do. Event dens can be anywhere in the Wild Area, and the 5star ones often have Dynamax Level 10. I can't remember if there's a specific thing about event den Pokémon having good IVs; you may have just been lucky. But with everything else, the IVs shouldn't cast doubts on legitimacy.