• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need Help Choosing my Team :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpencerCoronado

I've just defeated Koga (6th gym leader) in Pokemon Leaf Green. I am coming to the point where I want to finalize my team. So far these are my options to pick from (with move sets).

Nidoking Lv 40
Dig
Toxic
Horn Attack <-- thinking of replacing with MegaHorn at Lv. 43
Hyper Beam

Ninetales Lv 42
Flamethrower
Will-o-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Quick Attack

Raichu Lv 41
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Focus Punch
Thunder Wave

Blastoise Lv 40
Bite (using Blackglasses on him)
Surf
Protect
Water Pulse
(when does he learn hydro pump..?)

Pidgeotto Lv 29 (Need a flying pokemon.. is it worth training it to a Pidgeot?)
Gust
Quick Attack
Whirlwind
Wing Attack

Dratini Lv 20 (Can Dragonite learn fly?)
Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister

Bellsprout Lv 26 (need a grass type, right? Nidoking is ground/poison, bell sprout is grass/poison)
Sleep Powder
PoisonPowder
Stun Spore
Acid

Hitmonlee Lv 39 (so far not as useful as I had hoped)
Rolling Kick
Mind Reader
Bulk Up
Hi Jump Kick

Please advise me on which pokemon to include in my 6 'general' team and what move sets I should change/etc

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Moved your thread to this In-game Rate My Team section.

At a glance - Quick attack will eventually want to go for Ninetales, maybe for say a TM like Shadow Ball or Psychic. Hyper beam isn't so good as it leave you open for the next turn and you can do more damage with another attack over those two turns. Something like Sludge bomb, but it also learns a lot of other TMs. Pidgeot is fine for ingame, but then most things are given enough training.

(when does he learn hydro pump..?)
Check the 3rd gen dex the site has.

SpencerCoronado

Moved your thread to this In-game Rate My Team section.

At a glance - Quick attack will eventually want to go for Ninetales, maybe for say a TM like Shadow Ball or Psychic. Hyper beam isn't so good as it leave you open for the next turn and you can do more damage with another attack over those two turns. Something like Sludge bomb, but it also learns a lot of other TMs. Pidgeot is fine for ingame, but then most things are given enough training.

Thank you :)

My ideal goal right now:

Blastoise
-surf
-rest
-ice beam
-hydro cannon (replace with rain dance?)

Raichu
-focus punch
-double team
-thunder wave
-thunderbolt

Nidoking
-earthquake
-shadow ball
-sludge bomb
-megahorn

Dragonite
-thunder
-outrage (replace with dragon claw?)
-dragon dance (replace with fly?)
-aerial ace

Ninetales
-flamethrower
-sunny day
-will-o-wisp
-confuse ray (replace with grudge?)

Hypno
-hypnosis
-dream eater
-nightmare
-psychic

Last edited by a moderator:

Kpotts

Personally I would use alakazam instead of hypno with psychic, calm mind, thunderbolt, and toxic. However only if u can get alakazam, if not stay with hypno and it's move set. Replace rest on ur blastoise or confuse ray on ur nine tales with toxic. Also get rid of hydro cannon for rain dance because it will power up surf and HC wastes a turn. Only replace dragon dance with fly if u need it and if u do get rid of aerial ace for flamethrower, ice beam or surf because u do not need two flying moves. The rest of ur team is perfect as is.

for dealing with koga, i've found using butterfree with sleep powder and dream eater to have an alarming degree of effectiveness. in general, for an in-game team member, butterfree does a really good job of pulling it's own weight, and you can get dreameater from the move tutor in viridian city as soon as you get access to use HM Cut and travel diglet's cave.

the moveset i'd recommend for butterfree would be; sleep powder, dream eater, psychic, shadow ball (as a filler). makes for a reliable faux-psychic type with heavy hitting moves. it is also much easier to obtain than some of the other pokemon available only by trading :)

p.s. sleep powder/dream eater is much more reliable than hypnosis/dreameater. i hope that helps you to make a decision :D

Status
Not open for further replies.