• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need help constructing a PWT team - please rate my current team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
I managed to defeat all the regional Leaders tournaments in Black 2, and I've been using nearly the same Pokemon every time. I have tweaked my Battle Box all the time so I can counter weaknesses, and this is what it looks like now:

1. Regice - Lv. 65
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Rash
Item: None yet
Moves:
Curse (although all its attacks are Special, I've got the move simply to raise its Defense)
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt

2. Latios - Lv. 68
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Lax
Moves:
Zen Headbutt
Dragon Dance
Psychic
Recover

3. Cresselia - Lv. 68
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Toxic
Psychic
Moonlight
Calm Mind

4. Regirock - Lv. 65
Nature: Bashful
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Curse
Drain Punch
Earthquake
ThunderPunch

5. Metagross - Lv. 51
Nature: Careful
Moves:
Earthquake (had a hard time deciding whether to use Earthquake or Psychic)
Meteor Mash
Agility
Giga Impact

6. Eelektross - Lv. 62
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Expert Belt
Moves:
Substitute
Wild Charge
Flamethrower
Grass Knot

Any help/criticism is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I don't really see the point in using Curse on Regice. Regice already has a good base 100 Def stat, and Curse lowers your Speed so you'll be hindering Regice's sweeping abilities. I'd personally go with either Rock Polish to try and patch up your speed to help you sweep, whereas Thunder Wave can help with team support. Wise Glasses are a decent item to use, as they boost the power of your special moves.

Is there any particular reason you've opted for a physical variant of Latios, rather than a special one? Just curious, because Latios doesn't have many physical options. If you run Dragon Dance, you don't need both Psychic and Zen Headbutt; in fact, you can get away with running neither of them. Go with Outrage > Zen Headbutt and Earthquake > Psychic. Both of these moves are powerful and boosted by Dragon Dance, and Dragon + Ground get great neutral coverage, only missing out on Skarmory and Levitate Bronzong iirc. Substitute is an option > Recover, to help you in setting up those Dragon Dances.

You might like to test out Substitute > Calm Mind on Cresselia to see if it helps out in your stalling. Leftovers works well as your item.

Fighting and Ground get similar coverage, and in the case of Regirock, Drain Punch is more useful in terms of the Pokemon it hits and its healing effect. Go with Rock Slide or Stone Edge > Earthquake to increase Regirock's coverage, and for a decent STAB move. Rock Slide is less powerful but more reliable, though after a Curse boost or two its power will be sufficient enough, I would think.

I'll leave Metagross and Eelektross for someone else.

chap196

For Metagross
Never use Giga Impact unless you use Slaking as it will waste your turn to recharge and 2 Earthquake is already stronger. I would use Zen Headbutt, Rock Slide, Ice Punch or any other good coverage move instead.

Hope this help

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
For Metagross
Never use Giga Impact unless you use Slaking as it will waste your turn to recharge and 2 Earthquake is already stronger. I would use Zen Headbutt, Rock Slide, Ice Punch or any other good coverage move instead.

Hope this help

The reason I taught Metagross Giga Impact and not Hyper Beam was because it has higher Attack than Sp. Attack. However, doesn't it have a power of 150 while Earthquake has only 100 as Metagross doesn't get STAB from it? But yeah, I am going to take your suggestion and get rid of Giga Impact.

Also, I don't know whether to teach Metagross Earthquake or Psychic. Although EQ has a higher base power than Psychic and the damage is boosted by Metagross' higher Attack stat, Psychic gains STAB if Metagross uses it, making for a base power of 135, even though its Sp. Attack is lower. What should I do, guys? Keep Earthquake or replace it with Psychic?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
The reason I taught Metagross Giga Impact and not Hyper Beam was because it has higher Attack than Sp. Attack. However, doesn't it have a power of 150 while Earthquake has only 100 as Metagross doesn't get STAB from it? But yeah, I am going to take your suggestion and get rid of Giga Impact.

Also, I don't know whether to teach Metagross Earthquake or Psychic. Although EQ has a higher base power than Psychic and the damage is boosted by Metagross' higher Attack stat, Psychic gains STAB if Metagross uses it, making for a base power of 135, even though its Sp. Attack is lower. What should I do, guys? Keep Earthquake or replace it with Psychic?

Run Eartgquake over Psychic, Metagross' higher Attack Stat should provide a higher Damage output then with Psychic, unless you EV Trained it in SP. Attack or the such.

Also, one little piece of advice, never, and I repeat never run Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, or any of their sort.
Since they require a turn of charging afterwards, any Move with a BP of 75 or higher will be equal or stronger in strength.
Even on Slaking they are bad options since you could normally still switch on the Loafing Turn, but with Giga Impact or the sort you can't even do that.
You're essentially a sitting duck for anything with it, due to you being able to do literally nothing.

So, instead, replace Giga impact with Ice Punch, which covers it's Ground Weakness and gives out some Coverage against Grass and Flying Types, which Metagross would normally not hit for SE Damage.
Also, if you think you may not need Agility, then you can opt to run Bullet Punch or Zen Headbutt in that slot otherwise, but Zen Headbutt doesn't hit anythihng particularly usefull for SE Damage, but Bullet Punch works wonders with Metagross' high Attack, but is a bit low on power.
You may want to give it a Life Orb if you want heightened Damage output.

Regice @ Wise Glasses
Trait: Clear Body
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish

Latios @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire
- Surf
- Psyshock

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash / Iron Head [if you're really worried about accuracy]
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch / Agility

! Q

I do what I want!
Where are your EVs?;381;
Levitate & Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid
-Dragon Pulse
-Psyshock
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
A physical Latios is certainly... unconventional... I'll leave it at that.
The Expert Belt is a free power boost that wont cost HP or Choice lock you. The EVs are a classic Sp sweeper spread. Latios is already fast, but Timid makes him faster than a Nighthawk on rocket fuel without hurting any stats that mean anything.
Dragon Pulse is your main STAB. Psyshock is a secondary STAB and offers physical coverage. Lastly, the BoltBeam handles your type coverage.

;376;
Clear Body & Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Adamant
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Agility
Your Metagross was better than your Latios, but still could use a hand.
Even with the classic physical sweeper spread, X still has the Def to abuse Leftovers. Adamant nature gives you OHKOs out the wazoo without having to boost anything.
Meteor Mash is the main STAB. QuakeSlide gives you epic type coverage. After one Agility boost, X's speed is almost as good as his processing speed.
Now a lot of people are saying "Ice Punch for Ground!", but look at this. STAB Meteor Mash is 150bp. Super effective Ice Punch is... 150bp. When facing Ground, the only thing Ice Punch has over Meteor Mash is accuracy.I might add more later, but I need a break...

Last edited:
Besides, Ice Beam isn't necessary on a Pokemon that already has Dragon STAB.

Regirock @ Leftovers
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Ice Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.