• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need Help! my Pokemon Black 2 team:

vinylz

Hopefully this team will be ready for the completion of the game soon as I cant go any further without getting a 6th member or possibly shuffling my team around for other pokemon, If you can guys please help with my team:
(I didnt put the abilities or natures down as I need to find a good 6 pokemon that are stable enough for me to be happy with)

Samurott
moves:
ice beam
surf
megahorn
grass knot

Magenzone
moves:
thunderbolt
flash cannon
light screen
toxic

Lucario
moves:
aura sphere
dragon pulse
close combat
extreme speed

flygon
moves:
earthquake
dragon claw
fly
stone edge

Chanderlure
moves:
flamethrower
shadow ball
energy ball
rock slide

Need a 6th team member! Also if anyone could help me out with moves or even help replacing some of my team members above for other ones please let me know, I need as much help as I can as I cant finish the game until im happy with my team.

Aurath8

imo If you're using Light Screen, you might as well use Reflect too. Put that on Magnezone over Toxic.

You don't need Aura Sphere and Close Combat. Lucario has such a wide movepool that it already struggles to put a moveset together. Use Shadow Ball over Close Combat. Ice Punch also provides better coverage than Dragon Pulse(albeit at the cost of some power) so you could use that instead.

Chandelure's attack stat is terrible. Use Calm Mind, Will-o-Wisp or Hidden Power [fighting/ground] if you happenned to get one of those types.

vinylz

thanks appreciate it, Im seriously struggling for a 6th team member though and Im also wondering if I should swap any pokemon out in my team? Could you possibly give me some suggestions it would mean alot.

chap196

For Samurott
Use Aqua Jet instead of Grass Knot since it only covers Water and Aqua Jet allow Samurott to Attack first.

Aurath8

thanks appreciate it, Im seriously struggling for a 6th team member though and Im also wondering if I should swap any pokemon out in my team? Could you possibly give me some suggestions it would mean alot.

Well you have 3 pokemon vulnerable to Ground type moves and while Samurott and Flygon are good at taking them in I feel it'd help to have another check. Lucario and Magnezone are also both weak to Fighting, which only Chandelure can really take on, but a lot of fighting types hold rock moves anyway. So ideally you'd want a Flying type or a pokemon that has Levitate and resists Fighting. The best of the latter group consists of Gengar and a few mediocre things like Claydol so it'd be best to get a Flying type.

I duggest Gliscor. Despite being another Ground type he shares no weaknesses with Flygon bar the Ice weakness(which every other team member resists).

Gliscor
Jolly
Hyper Cutter / Poison Heal
-Swords Dance
-Acrobatics
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail

Use you massive defence to help set up Swords Dance. Acrobatics and Earthquake are both very powerful STABs and Aqua Tail helps Gliscor set itself apart from Gliscor a bit more and hits Ground types hard.

Poison Heal is the ideala ability but if you can't get to the Dream World then I suggest Hyper Cutter.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Since you're playing Black 2, give Gliscor a Toxic Orb so he can heal. If you do go with this change, I'd replace Acrobatics with Protect.

If you don't go with this change, use a Flying Gem as the item and Hyper Cutter as the ability.

vinylz

thanks i really appreciate the help, but the only problem is i really dont want another ground type pokemon or a pokemon with the same type on my team:/ could you suggest a possible couple more pokes? i realy am struggling :/

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
You have three Ice type and a Water type resist. You needn't worry about another weakness.