• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need help on a fight scene. I may have made a certain opposing Pokemon too broken lol.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So I'm going to edit and split up some chapters, write some new ones for an old fanfic and I had plans for a super-epic bossfight where the trainer cleverly figures out a way to beat Palkia and I figured everything out except for one little huge problem. I've made him way too OP in that he actually utilized his warp powers to speed himself up at "warp speed" that he seems like he teleports anywhere. That means he's too fast to even get hit living up to his legendary status lol. So let's say you had all the tools at your disposal, how would you bring Palkia warping powers to a halting stop?

EDIT: Never mind. Figured out a way lol hehehe.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
So I'm going to edit and split up some chapters, write some new ones for an old fanfic and I had plans for a super-epic bossfight where the trainer cleverly figures out a way to beat Palkia and I figured everything out except for one little huge problem. I've made him way too OP in that he actually utilized his warp powers to speed himself up at "warp speed" that he seems like he teleports anywhere. That means he's too fast to even get hit living up to his legendary status lol. So let's say you had all the tools at your disposal, how would you bring Palkia warping powers to a halting stop?

EDIT: Never mind. Figured out a way lol hehehe.
Unless you want to avoid giving spoilers, how did you do it? Maybe we could turn this into a general discussion about nerfing Legendary Pokemon, or in general how one portrays their powers in fics.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Unless you want to avoid giving spoilers, how did you do it? Maybe we could turn this into a general discussion about nerfing Legendary Pokemon, or in general how one portrays their powers in fics.
Okay, so this is partly based on my limited understanding of the sciences so feel free to correct me wrong if you feel it's implausible, key-word implausible not unrealistic. Since my take on Palkia is not actually teleporting, teleporting from how I understand it is you "deconstruct" yourself into tiny pieces of matter and transport it to another location. Teleporting seems to not be the same as warping. From what I get it's possible to warp and teleport at the same time but apparently the teleportation itself isn't actually warping. Apparently, according to some people, warping is where you move from one location to the next at incredibly unimaginable speeds that it appears like you teleported, so how would you slow down such an unimaginable speed? Ask yourself what is the counterpart to Palkia's space?
  • The first way I thought of is control over time. Dialga's unimaginable control over time can slow down Palkia's unimaginable speed. Although I do wonder if Dialga can similarly warp itself, just not space. If Palkia were able to slow down thanks to an impressive control over time, Palkia would be fightable. I also imagine it's somehow the same in that Palkia's manipulation of space can counter Dialga's manipulation of time somehow or at least affect it in an unusable or unpredictable state.
  • The second way also is Giratina whose powers more resemble that of gravity than that of anti-matter which apparently if touches actual matter, explodes but let's just go by Pokemon logic and say that with Giratina's "anti-matter", Palkia's ability to distort space is itself distorted in an sort of unusable or at least unpredictable state.
  • The third way also of course is the red-chain which can control Palkia's abilities.
Also because this is the Pokemon Adventures take on Palkia, fighting this Palkia is much more different from the anime. For example, the legendaries actually live up to their status as near-unbeatable but not impossible-to-beat legendaries and for Palkia's case, not only does he have the immense durability but even after you somehow slow down the speed, you may or may not have to deal with Palkia's distorting the space itself. It doesn't damage or destroy the universe but it really slows how you interact with the area, having a hard time going to Point A to Point B by simply walking. Imagine one day waking up and everywhere you went reality itself seemed to rift like an constant ocean wave making it hard to navigate. I say may or may not have because I'm not sure if time-manipulation also affects this area. However according to the Pokedex, Palkia's distortion of space itself is caused by warping space, somehow distorting it with speed. Perhaps Dialga's control of time doesn't really bring Palkia to a complete stop but slows his abilities down which I suppose makes sense because Palkia still needs to show off his Spacial Rend. I suppose at this point it's kind of beyond my knowledge lol. However if time was a step to defeating Palkia and if that person didn't have Dialga, what other time-based Pokemon could that person resort to lol? Celebi! However Celebi's manipulation of time, while also OP is nowhere as strong as Dialga. Since Palkia is still more stronger, I'd assume this would make a far more interesting fight because the character now has a time limit in how Palkia is slowed down, a small window chance to beat Palkia since Celebi isn't as strong but once you get the speed and distorting problem out of the way, now it's a fight against Palkia itself. It's kind of like the Pokemon Let's Go's legendary battles, only the problem-solving happens first and the battle happens second and this is where competitive battling factors now start coming in. This is where a certain OP trainer now pulls in the big guns absolutely taking Palkia by complete surprise. I won't reveal that part out of spoilers though.

Last edited: