• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need help putting the finishing touches on my OU team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Thorncrown

I've selected six pokemon from the Overused bracket carefully, making sure no two pokemon have the same type weakness. It took six generations to do this, but I'm happy to report that it's done. Now, I just need help with the rest of it. *facepalm*

I haven't competed seriously since Gen 1, so I'm used to just slapping coverage and stat enhancing moves on pokemon. So I need help giving these six pokemon the items and moves they need to compete seriously in today's battling scene.

I'll post a format of my own since I can't use the at sign (postcount too low). If [item] is present, it means I haven't decided on an item to give this pokemon. Any kind of feedback would be helpful, but I'm particularly looking for constructive criticism - and lots of it! Please add as much detail to your responses as possible - every little bit helps!

Format:
Nature Species
Ability, Item
Move1
Move2
Move3
Move 4

Team:
Adamant Talonflame
Flame Body, [item]
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Tailwind
Roost

Adamant Quagsire
Unaware, [item]
Earthquake
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Haze

Adamant Lopunny
Cute Charm, Big Root
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Drain Punch

Modest Gardevoir
Synchronize, Gardevoirite
Moonblast
Psychic
Hyper Voice
Heal Bell

Modest Venusaur
Chlorophyll, [item]
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Sleep Powder
Synthesis

Modest Sableye
Keen Eye, [item]
Shadow Ball
Power Gem
Nasty Plot
Moonlight

LynxForte

The Phoenix
3 key things; 1) Talonflame needs Gale Wings, it's not a good pokemon without; 2) The general consensus is that Lopunny wouldn't be OU (or viable) without is Mega; and 3) EV spreads are needed to help you the best unless you want someone to suggest spreads

Link Thorncrown

I gave Talonflame Flame Body because I'm not just using it for its Flying STAB, and this gives it a way to burn peeps (can't remember if Flare Blitz burns). I'm pretty sure you can only have one mega per team, and that was reserved for Gardevoir, so I guess I'm trading Lopunny for tired old Chansey.

EV's are an obvious given, though. I didn't list them, but I planned on training for them.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Regarding the EVs, is not an obvious given because the nature's you have don't really match what the common sets are, especially Sableye.

Link Thorncrown

Do you have a link to a site where the common sets are listed? I don't exactly know what I'm doing, here. What I meant was yeah, I was gonna EV train them, not that it was obvious what EVs each mon was getting. That, and I was largely looking for moveset advice, but I can get that from the common sets list if you have one.

Link Thorncrown

Funny, I could have sworn I saw him on an OU list in Smogon. Oh, well. Guess I gotta build my team from scratch. Again.

Thanks for the link, though.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
You don't have to rebuild your team. NU doesn't always mean its horrible, people just don't use it a lot. There is a set for quagsire to be used in OU. Pokemon in a lower tier can be used in higher tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.