• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need help with details for Galar arc

victini8

Hey there. I co-author a fic called Pokémon Rise of Heroes. I’m trying to plan out some details for once we get to the Galar region. But I’m having trouble coming up with jersey numbers for the some of the characters. Mostly, my princess OC. I’m trying to use the Japanese wordplay called goroawase. But for my princess OC, I’d like to have her jersey number with the hidden meaning ‘pure water.’ Any ideas?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Currently looking through jisho.org and Omniglot for ideas, and when looking at the words for "water" and "clear" (mizu (水) and suzushii (涼しい), the best I could get is that it'll be 35 based off the native Japanese for counting (三つ mittsu and 五つ itsutsu). And perhaps to the foreign ear, putting together "mizusu" (even though it'd actually be pronounced "misuzu") would sound like "mitsutsu" even though they're not the same at all.

(In fact, nothing comes up just typing out "mitsutsu", but "mizusumashi" is the whirligig beetle. "Misuzu" (水篶) is a species of bamboo grass in Japan. When "misuzu" is written as "水涼" for "clear water", that's an actual female name.)

victini8

I take it you’re doing a Pokémon fic in Galar too? We’re gonna go to Galar after Ash wins the Indigo Plateau League and forgo the Orange Islands completely. But I also gotta do the other characters who going to Galar with my princess OC and Ritchie.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I take it you’re doing a Pokémon fic in Galar too?

No, I just wanted to help out a bit. I'm not a native speaker or fluent in Japanese so I don't think the goroawase works all that well, but that was the best I could come up with in a short amount of time (but I have fun pursuing the Japanese-English dictionary regardless).

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
In my upcoming Galar game based remix, Ash, Misty, and Brock's jerseys (and Gloria's too)--have a meaning:

Ash's is 25, as a reference to Pikachu's Pokedex number
Misty's is 7, since 7 is seen as a lucky number in many cultures
Brock's is 64, a reference to the Nintendo 64
Gloria's is 19, a reference to 2019 (and when Sword/Shield came out)

victini8

In my upcoming Galar game based remix, Ash, Misty, and Brock's jerseys (and Gloria's too)--have a meaning:

Ash's is 25, as a reference to Pikachu's Pokedex number
Misty's is 7, since 7 is seen as a lucky number in many cultures
Brock's is 64, a reference to the Nintendo 64
Gloria's is 19, a reference to 2019 (and when Sword/Shield came out)

Would you mind if used your idea for Ash’s jersey number?

In the fic I’m coauthoring, Misty and Brock aren’t going to Galar with Ash. In fact Ash is going at the invitation of my princess OC and Ritchie as the queen of their home region is sending them to Galar. But Ash is going to Galar with May and OCs who are childhood friends of Ash.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Would you mind if used your idea for Ash’s jersey number?

In the fic I’m coauthoring, Misty and Brock aren’t going to Galar with Ash. In fact Ash is going at the invitation of my princess OC and Ritchie as the queen of their home region is sending them to Galar. But Ash is going to Galar with May and OCs who are childhood friends of Ash.

Sure, that's fine by me--good luck on your story!