• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need Help With Finding a Copy of Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Okay, so I've played with a copy of a friend's Emerald and I've fallen in love with it. Now I want to buy one, I would prefer new, but the prices are totally ridiculous. So I don't care if it's used as long as it isn't corrupted. However based on the buyer reports at Amazon, a lot of the used ones are corrupted. Any advice on finding one that won't die in six months or less?

BCVM22

Best advice is don't. The myriad of contributing factors dictate that you're almost as likely to get ripped off with counterfeit merchandise. It's not worth the risk.

Kays

Lati-twins <3
The game is super-expensive, especially for used version. I had one, but I gave it away to my cousin a few years back because I wasn't playing with it. I've been trying to get one for the past months. Gamestop would be where I go, but like I said, the prices is very high. I wouldn't pay more than $15 for a used version.

Last edited:

BCVM22

So basically there's no way to buy Emerald now at all? :/

None that will absolutely, positively guarantee you an unquestionably legitimate copy of the game, no. That's the simple reality of trying to find a copy of a game that was tremendously prolific in its run and is years out of print.

Last edited:

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
The game is super-expensive, especially for used version. I had one, but I gave it away to my cousin a few years back because I wasn't playing with it. I've been trying to get one for the past months. Gamestop would be where I go, but like I said, the prices is very high. I wouldn't pay more than $15 for a used version.

None that will absolutely, positively guarantee you an unquestionably legitimate copy of the game, no. That's the simple reality of trying to find a copy of a game that was tremendously prolific in its run and is years out of print.

Well, darn. It was worth a shot anyway.

BTW are you saying that this thread is against the rules?

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
BCVM22 is rather negative here :p
Sure i bought fakes that looked real but they work perfectly. Are you after the collecting or the playing? Btw Swedish Tradera has a boxed complete version for 71sek right now. If you are gonna buy online, i suggest eBay, really. Just be VERY careful when buying cause theres more fakes that real now. Check out my thread if you wanna compare with a legit cartridge

BCVM22

BCVM22 is rather negative here :p

It's not negative, it's the simple reality of the matter.

Sure i bought fakes that looked real but they work perfectly.

And if you're okay wast-- uh, spending your money like that, then more power to you.

If you are gonna buy online, i suggest eBay, really.

Buying from any user-supported marketplace, whether it's eBay or Amazon Marketplace or whatever, is just begging to be ripped off. You only have the seller's word to go on regarding the legitimacy of the merchandise and there are any number of hoops one has to jump through if they wish to return the item and/or recoup their spent money, if one is able to do the latter at all.

Just be VERY careful when buying cause theres more fakes that real now.

As we've spent all of this thread and several others pointing out.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If you buy a fake don't complain to me about it. I have nothing to with it. (But if you do I may end up mocking you and possibly Nya-nya at you.)

GBA games aren't being made by Nintendo anymore. I don't think many of the 4th Gen games are.

Anyway, this thread is going around in circles and I'm sure I've read the exact same thread in Tech help, where I've no power. Shutting

Status
Not open for further replies.