• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need help with Latios, Latias, or Feebas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

White Gryphon

What I did was I went to the Sky Pillar... I had already weakened my Latias with a Golbat, then I put it to sleep (which it can still flee from, but still gives you a greater chance of snagging it in a ball). I had a Trapinch with Arena Trap, a Wynaut and a Wobbuffet with the no-flee trait, a Surfer, and my Crobat that knows Mean Look. I stood on the sand outside the tunnel that leads into the Sky Pillar area, walked in, walked back out, checked Latias's location on the Dex. (Somehow or another, for me, I have a greater chance of finding her on water than on land.) When she appears on my route, I just jumped into the water and Surfed around until she popped up. I would recommend you keep your Master Ball for her so that you can snag her without having to weaken her in the first place, but in case you used the MBall on Ray (like I did) then buy a whole bunch of Ultra Balls. I managed to snag her in either a Net Ball or a Dive Ball, one of those balls that's best used on Water pokemon... I was running out of balls and just got lucky.

X

Xexxhoshi Omega

For Dennix...

Originally Posted by Dennix
well the tip is not worth anything im trying to get latias in sapphire (havent seen it yet) and im standing on a place saving then reseting then battling 4 or so pokemon no latias tried it for an hour! and still no latias jeez its usseles! and yes i have got the experience since i do have latios in ruby cought it with my great wobbufet so mate unless im doing something wrong i think its quite usseles

Geez, you don't have to listen to me. It will take awile for some people....or your not in the right route where Latias might not even go near. I think that you find Latios in Eastern Hoenn and Latias in Western or something.

D

dennix

hmm well that would really explain allot some guy from somewhere :p so do you know where it was or atleast a little bit of a direction you cought latias?

D

Daatingu

Ok people. For the last time, Latias and Latios locations are RANDOM. Which means that they appear anywhere at any time.

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
Most of the Locations of Lati are on the Right Half of the Hoenn Map if you look at it, and in all Directions of Mauville. Think of it that way. Lati doesn't go anywhere near the Littleroot area, or Oldale, or Rustboro. So you can kind of eliminate some certain area's on where you think Lati is.

N

Night Flame

Lati@s could be pretty hard if you vs. it 2. But you could still get it.He has strong attacks, and stronger if you raise him.

G

Golden Sandslash

*swampert* said:
whenever you say lati...you mean lati0s or lati@s
Actually when I say Lati@s, I mean Latias or/and Latios, because the @ can interpreted as an a and o.
Water pkmn lova said:
i know how to get a the lati's its very easy ok get a trapinch put a everston wif it then if u see the lati's it wont escape and u need a trapinch that nows the ability arena trap ok
I don't think Arena Trap works on flying and levitating Pokemon.

A

ANinyMouse

Water pkmn lova said:
i know how to get a the lati's its very easy ok get a trapinch put a everston wif it then if u see the lati's it wont escape and u need a trapinch that nows the ability arena trap ok got that go to rt 111 or the desert area and ull see a trapinch and when it attacks try to flee it will say trapinch did arena trap and then catch it ok and thats how i got my latias buy doin it and then attakcin it but train ur trapinch at level may be 50 and the keep the attack bite and use it or use crobat wich evloes at level 52 ok use ether one of them but my choice is that if u use crobat put trapinch on the 2nd pkmn after crobat dies if it does trapinch will come and latias will try to flee it then cant but if u dontwant to take out croba, keep trapinch how i chought my latias is by getin a trapinch and 1 more thin trapinch is better use trapinch if u really want a latias i first weaked it then the last time i saw it i used a ultra ball and i caught my kyroge in a pokeball how funny lol (use trapinch)
Trapinch won't work because it's ability doesn't effect pokemon who levitate or fly, like the Lati@s.

Use Wobbuffet. It's the easiest way.

Hey Micky!

What you will/should need/use:

Pokemon with Surf
Pokemon with a Sleep/paralysis Enducing move
Pokemon with Mean Look/Wobbuffet (I suggest a mean look ghost)
Pokemon with False swipe is Also useful

1stly, hunt Latias/os down & Paralze/Put it to Sleep. it will run but it will remain paralzed/Asleep.

Sableye/A Pokemon with Mean Look (If you can trade it onto ruby or catch it on Sapphire go with Sableye since it can't be harmed by his/her offensive moves) with Taunt is good, eliminates Recover however it leaves it with only Psychic & Luster Purge/Mist Ball, so you have 15 moves before it starts to struggle so when that happens I'd suggest changing Pokemon to maybe Golbat/Crobat.

[False swipe users] When Latias/os is in the red zone let her run. As long as you stay in the same route she will also remain there. Put your False wiper in the lead & hit him/her with it until it fails to do anything (S/he will run but just keep tracking her down, a level 40 False Swiper & repels should guarentie her appearence unless where you are has very high level Pokemon). Now put your Mean Looker/Wobby back at the front. Start tossing thsoe Ultra balls & hope like hell she doesn't struggle (Unless someone can confirm ghosts not getting hit by struggle).

W

Wobbuffet fan

I would search to the left of Lilycove for Latios. Oh, and you should actually battle 8 battles because 4 does not seem to work. One last thing is if Latios runs out of PP, it starts usind Struggle, whcih delivers recoil damge to itself, so you do not have forever. I used a Timer Ball after it had used Struggle 10 times.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Water pkmn lova said:
i know how to get a the lati's its very easy ok get a trapinch put a everston wif it then if u see the lati's it wont escape and u need a trapinch that nows the ability arena trap ok got that go to rt 111 or the desert area and ull see a trapinch and when it attacks try to flee it will say trapinch did arena trap and then catch it ok and thats how i got my latias buy doin it and then attakcin it but train ur trapinch at level may be 50 and the keep the attack bite and use it or use crobat wich evloes at level 52 ok use ether one of them but my choice is that if u use crobat put trapinch on the 2nd pkmn after crobat dies if it does trapinch will come and latias will try to flee it then cant but if u dontwant to take out croba, keep trapinch how i chought my latias is by getin a trapinch and 1 more thin trapinch is better use trapinch if u really want a latias i first weaked it then the last time i saw it i used a ultra ball and i caught my kyroge in a pokeball how funny lol (use trapinch)

I didn't understand all of this but i think i caught the wisp of it, Yeah but Latias can still escape i have sometimes escaped from Trap when i am passing through the desert

Kazuki Mirai

I think the Pokemon that you need with Mean Look, is a Pokemon with higher speed like my Lv.50 Golbat that I caught at the Sky Pillar, so where do I get the Lati@'s location in seperate ways.

A

AltariaManiac

The best way to catch Lati@s is by going to route 119 (the one between Mauville and Fortree.) Go into the house with loads of wingulls inside. Then come out again. Every time you change routes or go in/out of a building, the location changes. So then checked the pokedex. If lati@s is not in your area, go back into the house and come out again, and check the pokedex again. When he/she is in your area, put Wobuffet at the front of your party, use max repel and walk around in the grass. You will quickly bump into lati@s. If you have not already got his/her HP down to red, your best bet is to use wobuffet's mirror coat, since lati@s has only defending moves and special attacks. Once it has low HP, chuck ultra balls madly. It also helps if you can paralyze it, freeze it or make it go to sleep. Having more than one Wobuffet is a good idea too. This is how I caught Latias in my Sapphire (in Ruby I just used the master ball.)

C

Cob

Well since this is a help thread about catching Latios/latias, ill put my help in here.....the best way i thoguth to catch latios was this....

i tired at first to go to the east or Mauville, but i only saw him once there, in a matter or hours....the best way was this...

i went to Mossdeep city, and surfed south of it, to route 127.....After that i put Golbat in the first slot, level 50, with mean look....I saved and restarted my game.....when i came back in the game i checked the pokedex to see if he was in route 127, where i was.....if he wasnt, id restart again, and id do it till he was there....He was there, id say 50 percent of the time, every other time, id fight him...I first gave him a mean loook, and then lowered his Hp till he was in red....after that he had killed golbat, and then ezcaped, however the next time i saw him, he still was in red...and i found him the same way i had done above....
This time, i put my Lanturn first, who knew thunder wave...when latios appeared, i paralyzed him, then he feld, finally the third time, he appeared he was in red and paralyzed, it was time to throw pokeballs....atfer about 3 tries, i caught him with an ultra ball....So that is what worked for me, i suggest u guys try it, if u are having problems, helped me out great!

M

Midnight Thunder Boy

my friend told me a good method of catching latias/Latios, but some of you might know this already

Since the two don't move if you use fly you must find a city/town to be your base. It has to be near at a pile of grass. I used route 121 near at lilycove. ok let's asume your base is lilicove. Now fly to lilycove and go to the grassy area and look at your dex if the latios/latias is there if not use fly to go back to the city and do not walk cause it might screw it up. So just do this cheat until latos/latias is in the grasy area near at lilicove and fight 4-10 battles. (I'm not sure) hope his helps. bring a pkmn with something that will prevent the two fleeing.

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
Official Feebas Discussion

This thread is for anyone that has any question that is related to Feebas. Ask whatever you want about Feebas here, and look for answers to your questions you may have in here only.

N

Night Flame

I dont like Feebas!!!It takes too long to catch.... But its well worth it when it evolves. Ive been trying to catch it for a long time....

O

Optical Flash

Just what we all need,another pokemon almost as useless as magikarp except this one only evolves when its beaty is maxed out,oh like can someone say,its hard enough to evolve a marikarp,now they want us to go through all that hassle? Heck no I wont go! lol. Id only do it if they were the last 2 guys I needed for my pokedex,lol.

Rayzor

Rising Trainer
I think feebas is the most useless pokemon in the game. Milotic is great though. It is to hard to evolve if you cant find friends that have a pokemon game to mix berries with. I only know one person who actually has the game and we rarely blend berries. I wish he was easier to evolve*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.