• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need help with my Battle Subway doubles team

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I have an idea for a good team for doubles on the Battle Subway, but I only have the first two pokemon figured out and I need help with the other two. I also need help with EVs.

555.gif

Darmanitan @ Salac berry
Sheer Force
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Brick Break

A Belly Drum Darmanitan. It hits crazy hard, 'nuff said. Substitute protects Darmanitan, and Belly Drum brings his attack up to frightening levels while simultaneously activating Salac berry. Then, he's free to sweep. Fire Punch benefits from Sheer Force and is safer than Flare Blitz due to lack of recoil. Earthquake doesn't get a sheer force boost but is still rather powerful and gets pretty good coverage. If you know any better coverage moves than Earthquake, please tell.

591.gif

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Effect Spore
Modest
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpDef

- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

Makes a nice partner for Darmanitan. Rage Powder protects Darmanitan while he sets up Belly Drum. Spore puts possible threats to sleep. Synthesis keeps him healthy, and weather isn't very common in the Battle Subway to power it down. Giga Drain makes it so he's not taunt bait and provides some recovery.

465.gif

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Regenerator
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Rage Powder
- Power Whip
- Return
- Payback

This one keeps the Rage Powder going so Darmanitan can continue to destroy. However, this also serves as a rather offensive set. Power Whip is crazy powerful considering Adamant nature, EVs, and Tangrowth's acceptable base 100 attack. Return is for raw power on stuff that resists Power Whip. Payback gets more power since Tangrowth happens to be rather slow.

380.gif

Latias @ [need help]
Levitate
Modest
252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
- Heal Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Dragon Pulse

The main point of this one is to heal Darmanitan with Heal Pulse, but she also attacks. Heal Pulse heals Darmanitan. Calm Mind powers up her two STAB moves while increasing special bulk. Psychic and Dragon Pulse are STAB attacks helped out by Calm Mind.

I need help with the item for this one.

All the areas marked with [need help] means I need someone to help me with that particular area. So please give feedback!

Last edited:

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Pretty good sets. Amoonguss should be modest. And Brick Break on Darmanitan is a better idea over EQ because Sheer Force should boost it and it won't harm Amoonguss.

coolioness

That is Mahogany!
u could also use somthing with heal pulse like chimecho or gallade, wait, dont, im doing that,

put evs in 254 hp, then the other half in df and spdef

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Pretty good sets. Amoonguss should be modest. And Brick Break on Darmanitan is a better idea over EQ because Sheer Force should boost it and it won't harm Amoonguss.

I overlooked that fact. I don't want to be hurting my Amoonguss, now do I? I'll edit the OP with that.

u could also use somthing with heal pulse like chimecho or gallade, wait, dont, im doing that,

put evs in 254 hp, then the other half in df and spdef

Heal Pulse sounds like a good idea. I can finally put my Latias to good use, and maybe I can give it some offensive moves as well.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Yeah, Latias can be useful, you should give it Mist Ball, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Calm Mind

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Updated the OP with EVs for Amoonguss. Put 252 into HP and the rest are evenly divided into Defense and Special Defense.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Updated the OP with new pokemanz. I still need help with this team, so please give feedback.

Final

I Submit to No One
Get rid of Psychic on Latias. It gets pitiful type coverage compared to her other options. You already have STAB Dragon Pulse. Hidden Power Fire is probably the best since only Heatran resists Dragon + Fire. Fighting and Ground are also viable Hidden Powers since Dragon + Fighting is only stopped by Shedinja while Dragon + Ground is only stopped by Shedinja, Skarmory and Levitate Bronzong resistance-wise but if that's not possible, Thunderbolt is a useable alternative. Only Magnezone (and its pre-evos), Ferrothorn, Steelix and Excadrill resist Dragon + Electric. Dragon + Psychic is stopped by pretty much every Steel Type in the game resistance-wise.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Get rid of Psychic on Latias. It gets pitiful type coverage compared to her other options. You already have STAB Dragon Pulse. Hidden Power Fire is probably the best since only Heatran resists Dragon + Fire. Fighting and Ground are also viable Hidden Powers since Dragon + Fighting is only stopped by Shedinja while Dragon + Ground is only stopped by Shedinja, Skarmory and Levitate Bronzong resistance-wise but if that's not possible, Thunderbolt is a useable alternative. Only Magnezone (and its pre-evos), Ferrothorn, Steelix and Excadrill resist Dragon + Electric. Dragon + Psychic is stopped by pretty much every Steel Type in the game resistance-wise.

All right, so I need a replacement for Psychic. Unfortunately, I have never found any guides to RNGing that work for me, so Hidden Power is not really an option. Thunderbolt might work, though.

jammiedodger1

psychic is decent coverage with dragon pulse on latias when paired with darmanitar like you plan. Only Steel/Psychic types resist this combo (metagross and bronzong) which clearly darmanitan can handle.
One suggestion could be to forget calm mind and go with light screen or reflect to protect latias's team-mates which im assuming is his main priority although latias can work very well offensivly in having great speed and sp.att.

my offensive latias@ life orb
252sp.att 252spe 4Hp
modest or timid nature (modest is better as latias aready outspeeds most pokemon in the battle subway)
dragon pulse
psychic
thunderbolt
recover

in doubles there isnt really enough time to start calm minding effectivly, here recover is to heal life orb damage as he is simply offensive
I find that there is a lot of fighting type dangerous pokemon in the battle subway and in terms of neutral damage psychic is latias's best move (chance of lowering sp.Def)